Back to HKDL in October or December?

Recent events have derailed my plans for TDL this year. I need your guys' opinions on this one.

Should I go back to HKDL this year in October or December?

I'd love to see the Halloween stuff, but I'd like to see (gasp) Toy Story Land as well, even if I'm not a fan of it, I'm still curious how it'll turn out. And I'm desperate to see new stuff in HKDL. Tentatively it'll open so they say in November.

On the other hand, I love Christmas, and I'd want to spend New Year's Eve in HK. Are there fireworks in the Harbour, even if they're not as grand as the Chinese New Year? But I am not a fan of the "Let It Snow" Christmas Parade. I'm sick of seeing it and I don't really want to see it for the 3rd year in a row.

I can't do both since I want to spend either holiday in Singapore for Universal Studios and to see Lion King again. Or should I ditch Singapore to get a taste of both holidays in HK?

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: Back to HKDL in October or December?

Id recommend going in late December, that way you see the awesome harbor NYE fireworks display, Xmas in HK and HKDL and Toy Story Land. As for the Xmas parade, i hope it doesn't show up this year since the DOP was replaced by Flights of Fantasy, and besides...its quite cheap-looking. Xmas is great in HK too, there are loads of decorations all over the city.

The fireworks in the harbor are quite good on NYE, here take a look:

I see you might stand near me hehe.... When will the Toys story land open?

I highly recommend u should go to HK in December, the weather in HK much nicer in winter. In October may be u will feel tired because it's still humid and warm. I've been to HK every December and I have same idea about "LIS" Christmas Parade. Such boring and same soundtrack. Maybe they may have new fireworks and parade.

Toys story land should be open around September. Another good reason to check out HKDL. Since they have replaced the day time parade this year, I guess the "let it snow parade" will be no more, but you never know.
    Last edited by wishyouwell; 04-06-2011 at 11:33 AM.

• Minion

ORWEN: I just hope you have a good time whenever you decide to go, SirEdge, duckling! Then you can come right back here and give us another trip report!

@HKDLFAN Yes, I know! But I liked the decors around HK in 2009 better than 2010. New Year's Eve is really tempting for me. When will you be back in HK?

@Duyanh92 I know what you mean! "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow! <screech>" I love the weather in December. Cool, but not freezing.

@Wishyouwell I certainly hope so. Realistically at best, it'll be the Flights of Fantasy with a Christmas theme (and not the Let It Snow soundtrack), good will be just the regular Flights of Fantasy, acceptable would a Flights of Fantasy with Let it Snow, and worst would be the LIS like before.

I don't mind repeating shows, as long as they're good.

@ORWEN I will! I'll go to HKDL either October/December, and whichever is vacant, I hope to fly to Singapore for Universal Studios and the Lion King musical.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    @HKDLFAN Yes, I know! But I liked the decors around HK in 2009 better than 2010. New Year's Eve is really tempting for me. When will you be back in HK?
    True that. The Christmas Tree in Central has gotten worse and worse but at least the malls have always had some fun decorations all around. Only a short while till im back actually, as soon as my AP exams are over in mid-May. Can''t wait to get back to HK, the international (ESF) schools are far more challenging and fun to study in compared to Canada. From what I've heard, AP exams are just like end of semester exams here!

Quote Originally Posted by wishyouwell View Post
    Toys story land should be open around September. Another good reason to check out HKDL. Since they have replaced the day time parade this year, I guess the "let it snow parade" will be no more, but you never know.
    This year or next year.....
    I think they should have nighttime parade such as Main Street Electrical Parade or similar to this. Electrical Parade is fit with the skyline of HK, very vivid and colorful. And HKDL should also have season fireworks.
    I hope this year, they will increase Christmas decoration in HKDL.