Is there a specific place for character photos?

Hello,
    We're going to HKDL in May with our 2 year old.
    I was looking at the HKDL map and couldn't find anything that specifically said greeting trail.

For those who have been...are there specific places we should go to take character pictures?
    I read on other blogs and posts from people that some visitors can be quite pushy and cut in line and do whatever they can to be disorderly. I'm thinking i'd like to get those out of the way first so I won't have the chance to run into that situation and enjoy the day with our little one.

Thanks!

Re: Is there a specific place for character photos?

Frig. After some more searching it says that Fantasyland gardens is where they meet. DUH. Should have known that. But...are there any other special/secret places that anyone may be able to recommend? thanks!

Fantasy Garden is the best place for u, located in Fantasyland near the Mad Hat Teacup and It's a small world. (Usually Mickey & Friends and Winnie the Pooh) Almost open from 11:00 until sunset

The right hand side of Sleeping Beauty Castle where you can meet Princesses. (U must check time guide for Princesses meeting)

Around Main Street City Hall where you can meet Mickey and Friends with season event costumes. Almost whole day.

Another characters may appear rarely somewhere in the Park hehe.

Smile Re: Is there a specific place for character photos?

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Fantasy Garden is the best place for u, located in Fantasyland near the Mad Hat Teacup and It's a small world. (Usually Mickey & Friends and Winnie the Pooh) Almost open from 11:00 until sunset

The right hand side of Sleeping Beauty Castle where you can meet Princesses. (U must check time guide for Princesses meeting)

Around Main Street City Hall where you can meet Mickey and Friends with season event costumes. Almost whole day.

Another characters may appear rarely somewhere in the Park hehe.
    Thanks for your help. So we have to wait 11am for the characters to arrive. Ok. I guess we can do other stuff until 11am and then get the photos out of the way

You can meet Tinkel Bell at Pixie Hollow, near PhilharMagic.

If you have any characters that you want to have M&G, you can go to the city hall and ask the cast members do they come out today.

Last time I was there, Mickey and Minnie (together) were doing photos in the bandstand in town square first thing in the morning, before moving to Fantasy Gardens later in the day. I was there immediately the park opened and there was virtually no queue.

steve76 is right. Mickey and Minnie at town square wear special costume, you should go there in the morning (when the park open) so you will not have long queue. Last time, I had queue around 45 minutes.

You can check characters greeting time there. As I remind, Fantasy Garden will open at 12:00 not 11:00 and HK is going to hot and humid from now..... Quick quick.... I don't like summer in HK much...... Tip for fireworks viewing, your 2 year old may be afraid with fireworks sound. You should view it at HKDL railroad at main street. At this position, u will see fireworks more higher and bigger and not to loud. Hehe
    Daily Calendar

Quote Originally Posted by cr8zymike View Post
    Hello,
    We're going to HKDL in May with our 2 year old.
    I was looking at the HKDL map and couldn't find anything that specifically said greeting trail.

For those who have been...are there specific places we should go to take character pictures?
    I read on other blogs and posts from people that some visitors can be quite pushy and cut in line and do whatever they can to be disorderly. I'm thinking i'd like to get those out of the way first so I won't have the chance to run into that situation and enjoy the day with our little one.

Thanks!

Such a very amazing link!
    Thanks you for the post.

Thanks for everyone's replies!
    Our little one is getting excited. Ok. I'm honest. We're getting excited as well.
    We're off for our vacation next week!

• Minion

ORWEN: Since this is a topic thread about characters, I was wondering if anybody knows whether or not Mary Poppins ever makes any appearances at HKDL? I mean, I've seen plenty of pictures taken by sweet little ducklings of many various Disney characters there. But I don't remember seeing any picture of Mary Poppins. Maybe she wouldn't be recognized over there?

I don't think Mary Poppins have ever appear in HKDL.
    Don't know why, the movie is not so famous in Hong Kong. Even if she appear, not much people can recognize her. Moreover, besides princess, not many face characters (even some popular characters) have appeared in HKDL. Therefore we may not see her in HKDL any time soon.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

^ Thats true. The movie isn't at all famous here amongst the locals. I think age and cheesiness has something to do with it since the only Disney animated movies well received here are the CG (Tangled, Xmas Carol) and Pixar ones.

• Minion

ORWEN: I never thought of Mary Poppins as being 'cheesey' but maybe in Hong Kong they can't appreciate an English Nanny of such classic proportions. Anyway, thank you for answering my question, ducklings.

ORDDU: I take it that Rapunzel is still out and about at Hong Kong Disneyland, then? From what you're saying, she's very popular over there.