• Banned User

Electrical Parade

i just saw this on youtube and i quote The original Florida version is currently in Hong Kong but not being used. so is this true and if it is why aren@t they using it.

• Minion

Re: Electrical Parade

ORDDU: My sisters and I have answered this question before but we don't mind answering it again. Current Management at HKDL feels they have their hands full in just maintaining the daytime parades over there and don't wish to be bothered with maintaining a night parade, too.

ORWEN: Of course it would boost attendance for the park if they were willing to show off the Electrical parade. They really ought adopt a whole new attitdue if you ask us.

ORGOCH: Got light bulbs?

I'm geeking out at the thought of the original MSEP being in HKDL.

Something to do. Tralalala. Something to do. Tralalalala.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sisters and I have answered this question before but we don't mind answering it again. Current Management at HKDL feels they have their hands full in just maintaining the daytime parades over there and don't wish to be bothered with maintaining a night parade, too.

ORWEN: Of course it would boost attendance for the park if they were willing to show off the Electrical parade. They really ought adopt a whole new attitdue if you ask us.

ORGOCH: Got light bulbs?
    I find that ironic considering Flights of Fantasy must be a super high maintenance parade with nearly every float having some sort of massive mocing part.

It might be due to the lack of a crowd at night? Or at least in the same numbers as the other magic kingdom style parks.

Of course, I'd argue that many people leave because there isn't much to do. Starting to sound like a broken record when it comes to complaining about that.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    It might be due to the lack of a crowd at night? Or at least in the same numbers as the other magic kingdom style parks.

Of course, I'd argue that many people leave because there isn't much to do. Starting to sound like a broken record when it comes to complaining about that.
    Spot on. The park has a severe problem with maintaining a level population throughout its open hours. I recall an article in SCMP about HKDL not showing the parade for the same reason. I wouldn't be surprised if it took HKDL three more years (the time it's expansion is complete) to consider having a nighttime parade since right now it is hardly a one day park to the locals and most tourists.

Yup, I'd clamor for MSEP so I'll stay longer, but then again, I stay until closing with or without MSEP.

How severe is it HKDLFAN?
    Last edited by SirEdge; 06-07-2011 at 10:41 PM.

I hope someday I can see Electrical Parade in HKDL. HKDL lacks of customers at night because most of the shows or characters greeting usually end before the sunset. I really impress when i saw a huge amount of guests leaving park near the fireworks time unlike in Disneyland or WDW.

• Minion

ORDDU: It's BECAUSE the day time parades over there require so much maintenance that the Entertainment managers feel they're too busy keeping that one going so that they have no time or energy left over to be responsible for the Electrical parade, too. But if they want to attract more guests to linger in the evenings, they really should have the Electrical parade playing. They have no right to expect crowds to stay after dark if they don't give them a reason to. That's poor management at work--or not at work, depending on your point of view.