Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Banned User

Re: Ticket prices to rise at HKDL: SCMP

Quote Originally Posted by shanghairules View Post
    calm down my friend, in the end when you think about it they are all just theme parks. another thing is that is why they are building shanghai disneyland because the one in hong kong is crap and more or less failed. (another reason is china is the main economic engine of the world right now)
    This post lacked sense. "Calm down" to "hong kong is crap". I see....

No arguments on whether or not TDL is worth more than HKDL.

But it's one think to disagree with dland_lover and another thing to say he's wrong for believing what he believes.

I wish it wouldn't go up, but it's still pretty affordable. Hong Kong and Tokyo have some of the highest costs of living in the world.

HKDL needs to spend money to build itself up to get more visitors and will get that money from visitors when investors will only invest so much. Then of course, the increase might bring in less visitors. It's a chicken or the egg, lion-eat-the-antelope-eat-the-grass-circle-of-life thing.

One can choose to look at it from his own chosen point of view. I'm willing to pay a little bit more to visit a glorified public park in the hopes that soon it won't be a glorified public park anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ICe101 View Post
    This post lacked sense. "Calm down" to "hong kong is crap". I see....
    actually it makes sense, read it carefully *edited*, i told him to calm down they are only theme parks, we all know that tokyo disney is 1 billion times better than hong kong
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-11-2011 at 01:32 PM. Reason: Trying to get around the word filter.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

actually it makes sense, read it carefully *edit*, i told him to calm down they are only theme parks, we all know that tokyo disney is 1 billion times better than hong kong
    No it doesn't make sense and you really don't have to get all personal over it either. HKDL isn't "crap". If it was then you wouldn't see happy faces on people there, so it's just under built and hardly comparable to TDL (I don't even get why anyone who has been to both parks would even contemplate comparing HKDL to any other MK). But the expansion will improve HKDL's situation since the locals have been wanting stuff like BGM, MM, and TSL since opening day,
    Last edited by penguinsoda; 07-11-2011 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    No it doesn't make sense and you really don't have to get all personal over it either. HKDL isn't "crap". If it was then you wouldn't see happy faces on people there, so it's just under built and hardly comparable to TDL (I don't even get why anyone who has been to both parks would even contemplate comparing HKDL to any other MK). But the expansion will improve HKDL's situation since the locals have been wanting stuff like BGM, MM, and TSL since opening day,
    Sure!!!At least, they are ready to have 3 special theme lands.... HKDL is just 5 years old! I'm sure everything I need will be at the second theme park and future expansions.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, all I know is that I'm waiting axiously for more trip reports from both SirEdge and HKDLFAN--two of the sweetest ducklings who ever set their webbed feet inside that particular park! They know how to enjoy themselves and spread their positive cheer all over the place.

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

do you have Selective Reading Syndrome? if you read down the comment list , i did not start this comparison
    There's no reason to be rude.

do you have Selective Reading Syndrome? if you read down the comment list , i did not start this comparison
    I'm sorry, shangairules, but you have been coming on quite strongly. I personally go to DisneyParks to have fun. Especially, when I'm there. Since, I can't go to them regularly, I love going here to MiceChat. And similarly, I like to have fun here.

Naturally, people will talk and compare, and express ill-feelings about the way things are. However, putting down other parks, just ruins in the fun for some people.

Chill. Have some pixie dust. Let's keep it fun.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    I'm sorry, shangairules, but you have been coming on quite strongly. I personally go to DisneyParks to have fun. Especially, when I'm there. Since, I can't go to them regularly, I love going here to MiceChat. And similarly, I like to have fun here.

Naturally, people will talk and compare, and express ill-feelings about the way things are. However, putting down other parks, just ruins in the fun for some people.

Chill. Have some pixie dust. Let's keep it fun.
    But we canīt just be positive and swallow all that Disney tries to shove down our throuts.

I donīt go to Disneypark regularly... I just canīt afford to go to Paris and eat their expensive food and live in their dirty but expensive hotels and go to DLP... and that is why I think it is OK express a negative opinion when something is wrong in a park. I want those rare visits to be great and worth the money. Sometimes the let downs pile up thanks to neglect from Disney.
    But I always try to be fair and mention what is great aswell.

When it comes to HKDL... the park needs to double the amount of rides and aslo needs to grow in size. ...but I still love to spend an evening there. Itīs soo much better than anything in region. ...Ocean Park sucks!
    haha
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    But we canīt just be positive and swallow all that Disney tries to shove down our throuts.

I donīt go to Disneypark regularly... I just canīt afford to go to Paris and eat their expensive food and live in their dirty but expensive hotels and go to DLP... and that is why I think it is OK express a negative opinion when something is wrong in a park. I want those rare visits to be great and worth the money. Sometimes the let downs pile up thanks to neglect from Disney.
    But I always try to be fair and mention what is great aswell.

When it comes to HKDL... the park needs to double the amount of rides and aslo needs to grow in size. ...but I still love to spend an evening there. Itīs soo much better than anything in region. ...Ocean Park sucks!
    haha
    I do think there's a lot wrong with HKDL, and I'll complain about them too. Agreed on all counts. It's the only thing worth going to in my opinion.

I kinda disagree with your opinion on Ocean Park, but I respect that. It also helps that I had a horrible time the last time I was in OP. Terrible map. Too much walking. My previous favorite attractions were missing. But I'm still looking forward to visiting it this year to see their two new areas, which I suspect I might enjoy better than TSL.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Still doesn't make sense. Even after you edited out the rude comment towards ICe101.

On topic: HKDLs new pricing system is going to be effective from August 1, 2011 for anyone BUT a local. Locals get the same prices until the end of this year whereas outsiders must pay 30-40 HKD more.

From August 1, they also have 2-day ticket for $499. 2-Day Tickets are valid on any 2 days within a 7-day period.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Don'tcha dare pick on our good friend, HKDLFAN, er us cauldron gals is gonna' HEX ya!!!

calm down my friend, in the end when you think about it they are all just theme parks. another thing is that is why they are building shanghai disneyland because the one in hong kong is crap and more or less failed. (another reason is china is the main economic engine of the world right now)
    Great! I would love to see how successful SHDL will be! For what I know the project is already over-budget, some rides are being downsized or even back to the clone version. But no worry, you will still get the biggest and most expensive castle in return. Besides, the maintenance cost of SHDL would be one of the highest among all the disney parks. Let's see what the ticket price will SHDL be in its 5th fiscal year.
    Last edited by bennettshiu; 08-13-2011 at 08:33 AM.

Maybe HKDL is a bit small, and lack of E-tickets right now, but it doesn't mean that it will be failed forever. We never know whether Shanghai Disneyland will success or not until it opens, let's wait and see is it the same as what you said right now.

As a local of HK, I love HKDL more than TDL/TDS, although I miss all the attractions there so much. HKDL gives me so much magical memories.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast