Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Ticket prices to rise at HKDL: SCMP

Source: Hong Kong News Headlines | Hong Kong's premier newspaper online | SCMP.com

The price of entry to Hong Kong's two theme parks appears set to rise this year with Ocean Park imposing a 12 per cent increase and Hong Kong Disneyland changing its prices for the first time since it opened in 2005.

The news comes just a week after park chairman Allan Zeman said the facility had no immediate plans to raise ticket prices to pay for the construction of new attractions. He said he understood the new pricing could be a burden on the community but the park needed to find ways to meet rising operational costs and repay loans.

A daytime ticket for Ocean Park will increase on September 1 from the HK$250 to HK$280 per adult, and for children aged three to 11 from HK$125 to HK$140.

The "gold smartfun" annual pass for adults will rise from HK$695 to HK$780, and from HK$350 to HK$390 for children. A student pass for full-time students aged 12 or above will rise from HK$485 to HK$540.

The park will also launch a summer night admission promotion for patrons with Hong Kong identity cards - from 6pm to 10pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays throughout July, August and the first two weekends in September. The cost will be HK$150 for adults and HK$75 for children. Hong Kong residents visiting the park on their birthdays will continue to get free admission, and they will be allowed to bring a guest at half-price in a new one-year promotion taking effect on September 1.

The park's last price increase was in October 2009.

Disneyland said it had no announcement to make on pricing and was monitoring the market closely, but an insider said the board of directors had been notified about a proposed price adjustment which had yet to be made final.

To be adopted this year, it might include a rise in the adult one-day ticket charge from the current HK$350 to less than HK$400.

Democrats legislator Fred Li Wah-ming said Ocean Park's price rise was higher than inflation and he was worried it might cut the number customers from abroad.

Re: Ticket prices to rise at HKDL: SCMP

Are we looking at $399? Is HK pricing fond of that trick that US companies use? Or more like $375?

• Minion

ORDDU: They should at the very least wait until the new expansion project has been completed.

ORGOCH: Guess they feels they needs the money NOW--so's they can even finish the dang expansion!!

• The Pumpkin King

Holy crap! O_O

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Are we looking at $399? Is HK pricing fond of that trick that US companies use? Or more like $375?
    Around $380-$395 according to local Chinese press. They also say there'll be more offers for HK Residents. I guess they want the locals to buy APs.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: They should at the very least wait until the new expansion project has been completed.

ORGOCH: Guess they feels they needs the money NOW--so's they can even finish the dang expansion!!
    The price increase was actually proposed long ago. The HKDL management wanted to wait until the opening of Toy Story Land.

<<Guess they feels they needs the money NOW--so's they can even finish the dang expansion!!>>
    They say employee health insurance costs have increased 40% + ten attractions added since opening. If they don't have the money for the expansion, construction works won't be that fast. LOL
    Last edited by iluvHKDL; 06-21-2011 at 11:56 PM.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

There should be more offers/discounts for the locals considering the park is failing locally with declining numbers each year.

Well its official, if you are tourist visiting HKDL. You are officially gouged an extra $49 hkd to $399hkd to enter the park. Kids pay $285, while the old folks get a discount from $170hkd to $100hkd. If you are a local this price hikes won't go in effect until December.

If they do the price hikes at least they should open the new attractions first not hike the prices beforehand.

I am quite sure the numbers will even be lower with the price hikes. (I think this is a disturbing trend from Disney, build the park cheap offer low admission rates at the beginning. Then add one attractions and mark up the admission prices.)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Gouged? Hardly. I don't think this supposed price increase is bad, in fact I think the current price is CHEAP, let alone the new price! I just wish I could afford the airfare and all other costs!

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by dland_lover View Post
    Gouged? Hardly. I don't think this supposed price increase is bad, in fact I think the current price is CHEAP, let alone the new price! I just wish I could afford the airfare and all other costs!
    Do you really think it is cheap? The park has like 10 real attractions. Most of them are small and slow. People in Hong Kong and rest of China do most often not get rich on what they make. Most of Chinaīs population is what we in the west call POOR. Livingspace prices in Hong Kong are very high, some of the highest in the world. Hard work 6.5 days a week for 350 USD a month... no thanks, Iīd need more! and good luck to Disney and HK govt to get more locals to return with the new price.
    The new prices are very expensive for a Space Mountain, Jungle Cruise, a Small World, Astro Blasters, Autopia, Phillharmagic, two shows and a parade and some small fireworks. That is basically what there is to do that is worth mentioning in that Disneyland.
    They built the park cheap and even after the expansion it wont measure up to the other Disneylands. Add to this that the park is really small. Itīs an unsult to even call it a Disneyland. Itīs also an insult to locals that have payed for the park to be built. I might change my mind after the expansion and yet another expansion.
    399 HKD!!
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-08-2011 at 11:58 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Tokyo Disney ticket is around $75 and HKDL ticket is now $50

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Tokyo Disney ticket is around $75 and HKDL ticket is now $50
    Do you think itīs fair to compare Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySEA with Hong Kong Disneyland? If you do then you donīt know anything about niether TDR or HKDL.

Please...
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Sorry. I just wanted to mean that I will get many things I want in TDR and the price is not too different. Almost every attraction in HKDL can be found in TDL at the moment except the shows. This is just my opinion of a normal person and probably I do not know everything like you. Besides, HKDL is not a poor Disneyland Park and I'm still happy when I be there.

• Surfin the net with Duffy

whoa TDL has so many more attractions than HKDL, it is a glorified public park! The whole counting the picture spots as attractions is such bullsh$$

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Super Duper!

Wow. No need to tear me apart. Geez.

I know what HKDL has to offer, but still I think it's cheap. I'm not rich, by any means, but $50 for a day at Disneyland? Sign me up! I don't just do rides when I go- I'm big into photography, shopping and shows, too. So I can easily fill a day there. I did it at Animal Kingdom (easily) and I'd do it here, too. The only reason I'm not going before the expansion is done, is because of all the associated costs and the time it would take for me to save up for the whole trip (because I wouldn't just do HK- I'd have to go to Japan, too).

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Do you think itīs fair to compare Tokyo Disneyland or DisneySEA with Hong Kong Disneyland? If you do then you donīt know anything about niether TDR or HKDL.

Please...
    calm down my friend, in the end when you think about it they are all just theme parks. another thing is that is why they are building shanghai disneyland because the one in hong kong is crap and more or less failed. (another reason is china is the main economic engine of the world right now)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast