Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

what next at hong kong disneyland

We all know that they are doing an expansion right now at hk Disneyland but what do you think will be next or is there going to be phase 2 of expansions?? another question i was thinking are they going to expand fanstyland, tommrowland and adventureland? I just want to know what you think would be cool in hk disneyland

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

• Not here to help

Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

I hope it will be an expansion of Adventureland in some way. One calm ride does not make a land named after adventure. An expansion och Grizzly Gulch would be welcomed aswell. I hate the fact that HKDK in many ways will be a "one ride one land" park.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    I hope it will be an expansion of Adventureland in some way. One calm ride does not make a land named after adventure. An expansion och Grizzly Gulch would be welcomed aswell. I hate the fact that HKDK in many ways will be a "one ride one land" park.
    i agree what you are saying it be kinda cool to have a lion king coaster or something to just make adventurland more of a land

GO TEXANS!!

• Minion

ORDDU: A couple of years ago we were reading something on another web footed site that claimed Fantasyland has two more 'pads' or spaces for at least two more dark rides, should management over there want to add anything to that particular land. Plus there appears to be some vacant land next to Toy Story Play Land that would lend itself to a Little Mermaid attraction if they ever decide to go forward with that. (The Little Mermaid had originally been intended for their Fantasyland way back when...)

ORWEN: Plus Tomorrowland supposedly has enough space to add something like a Star Tours attraction, according to what we've read in the past.

ORGOCH: But don't hold yer breath. Befer any a them things gits added, yer likely ta turn blue an' pass out!!

---------- Post added 07-02-2011 at 10:49 PM ----------

ORWEN: Oh and--one more thing--I keep hoping they'll open up their castle and add a Sleeping Beauty walk thru just like the one in Anaheim.

From the expansion conception art, there is also a big parcel of land behind Fantasyland. So if they push the firework launchers to the back they could use this for a Toontown or something else.

On an interesting note, from two Legislative Council committee documents, the government says that after this expansion, HKDL will be 27.5 hectares (ha) in size and still has 7 ha of land available. That means HKDL at built-out will be 34.5 ha. The Disney Fact Book listed that Disneyland Park at Anaheim is 85 acres in size. Guess what it is in hecture... 34.4!

Sources:

LegCo Economic Development Committee paper; point 3: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...1-2234-1-e.pdf
    LegCo Financial Committee paper; point 42: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...c20090710a.pdf
    Disney Fact Book page 10: http://a.media.global.go.com/investo...book_FINAL.pdf

HKDL expansion conceptual plan from HK Gov't:

Quote Originally Posted by wali View Post
    From the expansion conception art, there is also a big parcel of land behind Fantasyland. So if they push the firework launchers to the back they could use this for a Toontown or something else.

On an interesting note, from two Legislative Council committee documents, the government says that after this expansion, HKDL will be 27.5 hectares (ha) in size and still has 7 ha of land available. That means HKDL at built-out will be 34.5 ha. The Disney Fact Book listed that Disneyland Park at Anaheim is 85 acres in size. Guess what it is in hecture... 34.4!

Sources:

LegCo Economic Development Committee paper; point 3: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...1-2234-1-e.pdf
    LegCo Financial Committee paper; point 42: http://www.legco.gov.hk/yr08-09/engl...c20090710a.pdf
    Disney Fact Book page 10: http://a.media.global.go.com/investo...book_FINAL.pdf

HKDL expansion conceptual plan from HK Gov't:

That very intresting I think fanstyland is in major need of atleast 2 dark rides like peter pan, little mermaid and even snow white. Adventurland need one more ride and tommrowland too and i think hk can be very exciting disney park

GO TEXANS!!

These are the plots of lands still available for further expansion in HKDL.

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post

These are the plots of lands still available for further expansion in HKDL.
    that alot of land let just hope they used it right i really hope they do a fanstyland expansion because it really needs it

GO TEXANS!!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

The rides I would love to see although I know that they all won't make it probably:
    1. Indiana Jones Adventure
    2. Star Tours 2
    3. Pirates of the Caribbean

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, and I'm sure you want them to add a Black Cauldron dark ride in Fantasyland as much as I do, don't you, HKDLFAN, duckling???

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Oh, and I'm sure you want them to add a Black Cauldron dark ride in Fantasyland as much as I do, don't you, HKDLFAN, duckling???
    I think Halloween's a great excuse to bring out some less commercial franchises, so that could be your ticket you lovely witchies you!

Post Re: what next at hong kong disneyland

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    Yes and I have always envisioned that Toy Story Land be eliminated so Grizzly Gulch can be expanded with a Splash Mountain / Grizzly River Run / Western River Expedition ride; and Mystic Point can have a, say, Villains' (or Anti-Heroines' ) sub-land that features unique rides like yours. A cauldron-type spinner could work.

But Toy Story Playland was supposed to be a temporary land...

Quote Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
    But Toy Story Playland was supposed to be a temporary land...

source?

source? people who are well informed on DCP...(Okay, maybe that is false but if you need another example : Indiana Jones et le Temple du Péril)

Anyway IMO, Toy Story Land (and Toy Story Playland as well) won't be eliminated soon !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast