Are the hotels walking distance to the Park?

I'm starting my trip planning for Halloween time at HKDL. I've been to the Park before, but I have never stayed on property there. My first choice is Hollywood, and of course my backup is the HKDLH (the only other option onsite). I know you can take the shuttle from each hotel to the Park, but are they walking distance? I'm not a big fan of shuttles, and am wondering if walking is a doable option. I've found conflicting reports. Thanks in advance.

Re: Are the hotels walking distance to the Park?

google map shows the walking at about 2 km so about 1.5 miles from the hollywood hotel. The other hotel is about 1/2 the distance

Disneyland Hotel is walkable. But Disney's Hollywood Hotel is quite far, you are better off taking the free shuttle bus.

Taking bus is better. The route is HKDLH -> Hollywood -> HKDL. So if u are stay at HKDLH, the bus will pick up u first, then Hollywood Hotel. Although, in peak season, you may need to wait because it may full. If u are in the Park, u will back to HKDL first, then Hollywood Hotel. They should have separate bus, this is my opinion.
    From my opinion, u should take the bus. It's free and quick so why dont?

If you walk from HKDL Hotel to the park entrance, it's about 0.51 miles (according to Google Earth). The walk is very pleasant, along a landscaped promenade with topiaries, fountains, and places to sit along the way.

If you take the bus, then it drops you off at the bus station (near the train station). From there you still have to walk down the promenade to the park entrance (0.25 miles).

The difference in walking between the two is 0.26 miles (about the same distance as walking from the park entrance to the Carousel). For me, there's no question, I would walk it rather than wait for buses.

For the Hollywood Hotel, it's about 0.91 miles. Still walkable (I've done it) but you have to walk along the road to the HKDL hotel before joining the promenade. For this, the bus may be useful (especially if it's hot or raining). However, the walk is pleasant and you would get to see the southern end of the promenade and the HKDL hotel. You can also take a short diversion down to the ferry dock with good views over towards HK.

Promenade entrance from Southern end (near hotels):

Walking paths along the roads:

View of Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel from Ferry Dock:

View of Hong Kong from Ferry Dock:

When we stayed at the Hollywood hotel.. we took the guest bus most of the time but once we did walk to the park. From the Hollywood Hotel, we walked on the sea side promenade towards the Hong Kong Disneyland pier, behind the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel and then to the park.. and it was a most enjoyable walk. I believe it took about 35 minutes. You would probably save about 5-10 minutes of that if you walked it on the main road, Magic Way I believe this road is called. You go out of the front of the hotel and walk towards the other hotel, then a left turn to the park's main entrance.

From the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel to the park takes about 10 minutes.

It can be done if you want to walk the distance.

I wouldn't walk everytime to and from park/ hotel. Maybe once just to take in the view, but there aren't much to see, so I would save the walking for inside the park take the shuttle bus.

Thanks for all the replies. It sounds like I should try the shuttle and hopefully it's not as big of a nightmare as people have said--and worst case, I can walk. But I'm glad that I know now that it's a bit of a trek rather than thinking it's a easy walk like some of the other Resorts. Thanks.

• I see in Muppet Vision

Quote Originally Posted by steve76 View Post
    View of Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel from Ferry Dock:
    Thanks for the awesome photos and information. I often wondered the same question but never asked because I do not plan on going to hong kong disneyland anytime soon. Although it is my dream and on my bucket list to visit all of the Disney parks in the world!

• Minion

ORWEN: Don't forget to add Morva to your dream bucket list, LongIslandGuy, duckling. We'd be ever so glad to receive a visit from you some day.

ORDDU: Is ya NUTS?! Why in the heck would a guy like him wanna' ruin his good times by ever comin' ta Morva? I really don't think hangin' out with 3 old hags is in cards fer him!

ORWEN: Speak for yourself, old biddy! I am NOT old and I'm NOT a hag!!

ORGOCH: I'd ask ya ta take a good hard look in the mirror but the last time ya did that it broke all ta pieces!!

• Resident of the Caldera

I would strongly suggest you opt for the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel over the Hollywood Hotel. The former is much MUCH nicer and you definitely get more bang for your buck in terms of cleanliness and elegance. And it's also an easy walk to the park as others have noted. I'm going at the beginning of December, just in time to see Toy Story Land.

I would also go for hong kong disneyland hotel over the hollywood.
    the hkdl is a awesome place we had views over the water and the staff was excellent
    we stayed a couple of days december 2009 and walked to the park very easy and at night the shuttle took us back to the hotel.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone for their advice.
    I went ahead and booked the Disneyland Hotel.
    I'll be there 10/27 and 10/28.
    Can't wait.

• Resident of the Caldera

Make sure to let us know how the Halloween celebration is!