Japanese paper complains of foul manners from Chinese at Hong Kong Disneyland

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Godwin Glacier, Alaska

Re: Japanese paper complains of foul manners from Chinese at Hong Kong Disneyland

Thanks for posting the link. There's no doubt that there can be some friction when cultures collide. I guess it can be amusing when you're standing on the sidelines. I did find a favorite statement in the article:
    Rest at the park is also an impossibility, apparently, with park benches frequently occupied by middle-aged men lying down to take a nap...
    Apparently some guests are getting plenty of rest!
    "Yesterday, a man walked up to me and said, 'Isn't it a shame that Walt Disney couldn't be here to see this?' and I said, "He did see this, that's why it's here."
    -Art Linkletter July 17, 2005-

When you wish upon a star your dreams come true.

• Huh?

Re: Japanese paper complains of foul manners from Chinese at Hong Kong Disneyland

Hey, nothing beats a nice long nap in a rocking chair on the dock on Tom Sawyer's Island!

I know cause I've done it... for about an hour. At MK.
    -Tim

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I had no idea just how rude and ill-mannered the Mainland Chinese people could be--until reading this particular article. How positively dreadful! It sounds even worse than how it is here in Morva--where we're always witnessing the brash and brutish behavior of certain foul minions who work for the Horned King.

ORWEN: Well, if you ask me, there's this certain nasty old biddy we live with who makes the rest of the world look like it just graduated from the Emily Post School of what's Proper! I mean, we can't go ANYWHERE in the cottage without seeing evidence of Orgoch's messes! Frog skins all over the place!! Little messes of whatever the heck she last ate but forgot to clean up! I think she'd fit in just fine over in China. Why don't we send her there permanently?!