Question about Disney Dim Sum

Hopefully you guys can help me out -- Everything I have read tells me Disney Dim Sum at Crystal Lotus is only served on weekends and public holidays. Is this correct?

This offer: Special Disney Lunch set for Hotel Guest
    Says block out dates for the offer are Fridays, Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays??? I thought those were the only days the dim sum is served?? Am I reading it wrong?

I'm not going till Oct. 30 anyway, so the offer doesn't apply to me, but knowing if Disney Dim Sum is available through the week would be helpful.

Thanks!

Re: Question about Disney Dim Sum

No, I've had meal there once... Dim sum is everyday
    The one u mention above is promotion... and it goes with set menu.
    U can order separately when u be there... So don't worry Dimsum is everyday ^^
    P/s: I'm not sure but It didn't taste good for me but it didn't mean taste bad... Most of Disney dim sum are Bun, Cake with mickey head.

Thank you for the info! That is really good to know! I don't know if I will like it either but it looks really cute and I am going to try it!

I haven't tried the Disney character Dim Sum per se, but I've had Dim Sum at the HKDL Hotel, and it was pretty mediocre. Do tell us what you think of it because I am curious because it does look so cute.

Actually, that is not true - the Disney dim sum served in the Crystal Lotus is only available on weekends and public holidays (I am there every few months and try to schedule a weekend day every few trips just for the new dim sum). There is dim sum inside the park, but the Disney shaped ones are only at the hotel. And they do sell out early -- the last time I was there in August, they actually asked us which ones we wanted when we made reservations so we could be guaranteed to get them.

My understanding of the lunch promotion is special just for hotel guests, which is why it is on week days. Weekends when they serve the Disney dim sum can be chaotic, so they can't accommodate all these special lunch deals then. The fine print on this lunch special notes you have to order 3 days ahead of time or when you book the hotel itself, so if you walked in off the street to order it, they would tell you it's not available.

I haven't posted any recent photos online, but this is a piece I did for CNNGo a year or so ago about the dim sum, which has a few photos. Unique Hong Kong dining: Dim sum with a magical Disney touch | CNNGo.com
    New Disney Blog: Pooh's Travels
    Worldwide Disney Theme Parks Examiner for Examiner.com

If my information is wrong then sorry about that beautifultomorrow. I just find out that the day I had Disney Dimsum is Jan 29, Saturday. Although the Disney Dimsum is not available, you can have Cantonese Dimsum and it's really taste good.

Quote Originally Posted by poohstraveler View Post
    Actually, that is not true - the Disney dim sum served in the Crystal Lotus is only available on weekends and public holidays (I am there every few months and try to schedule a weekend day every few trips just for the new dim sum). There is dim sum inside the park, but the Disney shaped ones are only at the hotel. And they do sell out early -- the last time I was there in August, they actually asked us which ones we wanted when we made reservations so we could be guaranteed to get them.

My understanding of the lunch promotion is special just for hotel guests, which is why it is on week days. Weekends when they serve the Disney dim sum can be chaotic, so they can't accommodate all these special lunch deals then. The fine print on this lunch special notes you have to order 3 days ahead of time or when you book the hotel itself, so if you walked in off the street to order it, they would tell you it's not available.

I haven't posted any recent photos online, but this is a piece I did for CNNGo a year or so ago about the dim sum, which has a few photos. Unique Hong Kong dining: Dim sum with a magical Disney touch | CNNGo.com
    So, Disney Dim Sum at Crystal Lotus is normally only served on weekends and public holidays, but if you are staying at the hotel and reserve the lunch special in advance, you could have the Disney Dim Sum on week days? I am just trying to make sure I understand how this works. We are currently scheduled to come into Hong Kong early Sunday morning and could have the Dim Sum that day, but if I thought it would be available via a special like this on Monday, that would be preferable. We are staying at Hong Kong Disney hotel so that's not an issue.

Thanks for the information! I also saw your article awhile back and loved the idea of trying the character dim sum!