Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Re: Halloween Decor 2011

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Very creepy and impressive. I would LOVE to see this sort of detail at Disneyland in Anaheim but I think they are too afraid to scare the kids. Love what they are doing in Hong Kong!
    It was so annoying to bring my little sister to the park during Halloween because Main Street and Adventureland were full of ghosts, "gatekeepers" and zombies (they would actually go TOWARDS families with kids). HKDL management IMO goes a little overboard to cater to the local population, often forgetting its a Disney park.

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    It was so annoying to bring my little sister to the park during Halloween because Main Street and Adventureland were full of ghosts, "gatekeepers" and zombies (they would actually go TOWARDS families with kids). HKDL management IMO goes a little overboard to cater to the local population, often forgetting its a Disney park.
    <br>
    <br>
    I think that's the reason why they only run from Thursday to Sunday. Moreover, I think they must do this to catch up with Ocean Park.
    Anyway I think your little sister can have fun in Fantasyland and Adventureland. I'm not sure but I think ghosts only appear at night for a specific time. And they dance so fun .... with no bloody at all. :P

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    <br>
    <br>
    I think that's the reason why they only run from Thursday to Sunday. Moreover, I think they must do this to catch up with Ocean Park.
    Anyway I think your little sister can have fun in Fantasyland and Adventureland. I'm not sure but I think ghosts only appear at night for a specific time. And they dance so fun .... with no bloody at all. :P
    It was a problem moving through Main Street since well....its the main entry port... It doesn't really matter if they dance comically or not, they're still "ghosts" to small kids.

• Minion

ORDDU: Perhaps after Mystic Manor has been built they can move all future Halloween events to that section of the park since it lends itself to the more spooky side of things.

Having never seen any of HKDL's Halloween festivities first hand, I can only speculate what it could be like there this time of the year. I am happy that HKDL has something unique to itself even for only a few weeks in a year.

---------- Post added 09-17-2011 at 10:34 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Perhaps after Mystic Manor has been built they can move all future Halloween events to that section of the park since it lends itself to the more spooky side of things.
    Agreed, although am I alone in sensing that MM will have more of an Indy at home feel?

I'm still hoping for some Pepper's Ghost or similar effect. I understand it's going to be a different take on the HM. I'm hoping it'll be like TDS ToT different. Having not gone through the HM for more than half a decade, I'm worried I'm setting myself up for a disappointment.

I guess as long as it comes up with something equivalent to the ballroom sequence in terms of impact, then I'll be happy. Here's hoping that Chinese room with the monkey king will be epic.

Which puzzles me, if MM is ghost-less due to cultural issues presented by ghosts as previously reported, what's up with the all the ghoulish Halloween at HKDL?
    Last edited by dland_lover; 09-17-2011 at 10:26 AM. Reason: Link and reference to non-partner site removed, per MiceChat policy.

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Having never seen any of HKDL's Halloween festivities first hand, I can only speculate what it could be like there this time of the year. I am happy that HKDL has something unique to itself even for only a few weeks in a year.

---------- Post added 09-17-2011 at 10:34 PM ----------

Agreed, although am I alone in sensing that MM will have more of an Indy at home feel?

I'm still hoping for some Pepper's Ghost or similar effect. I understand it's going to be a different take on the HM. I'm hoping it'll be like TDS ToT different. Having not gone through the HM for more than half a decade, I'm worried I'm setting myself up for a disappointment.

I guess as long as it comes up with something equivalent to the ballroom sequence in terms of impact, then I'll be happy. Here's hoping that Chinese room with the monkey king will be epic.

Which puzzles me, if MM is ghost-less due to cultural issues presented by ghosts as previously reported, what's up with the all the ghoulish Halloween at HKDL?
    I also agree with you. I'm hoping for Pepper's Ghost in MM. However, the MM Facebook Fan Page told me that it is just a mysterious mansion not a haunted mansion because the owner still lives there... So that, there is no ghost.
    Last edited by dland_lover; 09-17-2011 at 10:27 AM. Reason: Link and reference to non-partner site removed, per MiceChat policy.

• Minion

ORWEN: Hello, SirEdge, duckling!!! Us Cauldron girls get so excited whenever we see a post from you!

ORGOCH: Yeah, well, tone it down, sister! The kind a excitement that comes from yerself is DANGEROUS!!

ORDDU: I must admit I'm a bit confused over this idea of ghosts being something the Hong Kong culture doesn't want to showcase in public--even though HKDL seems to get away with it every year for Halloween. There must be some sort of misunderstanding about all that. As for Mystic Manor, even if it won't have any ghosts associated with it, it will surley have some sort of frightening element to it--such as monsters or creepy atmosphere's which are associated with Halloween.

• Behind the refurb walls..

Blog Entries

~ Here you leave today and enter the world of yesterday tomorrow and fantasy
    ~

Does anyone has a photo of this year's Leaky Tikis in halloween costumes?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12