Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Lost Boy

Hong Kong Disneyland Photo Trip Report

In July we were lucky enough to go to Hong Kong Disneyland for the first time. It was a wonderful trip and we really enjoyed the park. While the park is small and in some places the themeing is lacking but the cast members are exceptional and help make up for those problems.

While we had wanted to go to Hong Kong, we had waited to plan a trip due the cost of traveling there and its small size; however, now that we have been there we are VERY glad we had the opportunity to go and look forward to returning in the future. We are really looking forward to the additions they are currently working on and hope they continue to add new attractions and improve the park as it really deserves to succeed.

So here is the first part of my photo trip report

Heading to Hong Kong Disneyland!

We started our first day with a character meal at the Enchanted Grove in the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel. It was an interesting mix of what I would consider "normal" breakfast foods and Chinese dishes. Most of the non-Chinese dishes weren't exactly what I was used to; however, I am sure even picky eaters would be able to find something that they would be able to eat. One neat "magical" touch was that some of the vegetables were cut into the shape of Mickey heads and gloves. This was seen throughout the parks with various Mickey shapes showing up often in food LOL.

After Breakfast it was time to head to the park!

Then it was time to enter the park

Our first stop was in the Art of Animation to check out the plans for the expansion

Then we took a ride on the Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad

Then we explored around Fantasyland

Then it was time for a very special treat… we got to be Grand Marshals in the parade and rode with Mickey and a few friends

Then it was time for the excellent Flights of Fantasy Parade

After the parade we headed to Adventureland which was my favorite land in the park… I thought it had a lot of nicely themed areas.

Then we saw the Festival of the Lion King… I was expecting basically a clone of the Animal Kingdom show so I was surprised it was so different… I really enjoyed the Hong Kong version and prefer it over the WDW version.

After the show we were able to meet the cast!

We then headed to Tomorrowland

Then it was time for the 2nd parade

We then headed to ride the Jungle Cruise… which is very different than the other parks… I really enjoyed the differences and thought it worked well.

Then we got to meet Tink who came to visit the resort for its 5th Anniversary celebration

Then we went on it's a small world

Then we met Donald and Daisy who were wearing their 5th Anniversary finest

Then we had dinner at the Main Street Corner Cafe

Then there was a party on the Main Street Train Station to watch the Tinker Bell Castle Illumination and the Fireworks

We then left the park for the night after a wonderful first day!

So that is the end of the first part of my photo trip report I will try to post the 2nd day either tomorrow or this weekend… I hope everyone enjoys the pictures… if you want to see all of the pictures from our trip they can be found on our website Disney Character Central
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• Not here to help

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Photo Trip Report

Wow! Great pics you got there!
    Keep em comming!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORDDU: Very nice photo's, indeed! Thank you sharing.

Thanks! Great pictures indeed! It's wonderful to see characters I don't usually see roaming around the park. Is that Goofy and Max?

• waitin' to board

...very nice pic...

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Great report, I love your site as well!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Thanks! Great pictures indeed! It's wonderful to see characters I don't usually see roaming around the park. Is that Goofy and Max?
    Yeah that's Max. I used to see him out with Goofy a lot at WDW (got a few hilarious photos with them).

• Lost Boy

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Wow! Great pics you got there!
    Keep em comming!
    Thank you! Many more still to come

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Very nice photo's, indeed! Thank you sharing.
    Thank you... glad you like then

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Thank you! Yes, that is Goofy and Max

Quote Originally Posted by Treasure View Post
    ...very nice pic...
    Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by TravisMT81 View Post
    Great report, I love your site as well!
    Thank you Very glad you love our site

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Yeah that's Max. I used to see him out with Goofy a lot at WDW (got a few hilarious photos with them).
    I love Max he is so cute, fun, and yeah... he used to be out fairly often at WDW and other places but is a lot more rare now
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Visit Disney Character Central for tons of Disney Character and park pictures and information: Walt Disney World, Disneyland, Disneyland Paris, and Tokyo Disney Resort

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I have often conjured up your web footed site inside our crystal ball and have enjoyed seeing all the character photo's you have there of our many Disney friends. It's important that somebody keep track of all the Disney characters for historical purposes as well as for pleasure. Thank goodness you're doing that!

ORWEN: Now, if only they'd let us Cauldron girls pose for pictures.

ORGOCH: Is ya nuts? Wanna' go an' break somebody's cam'ra?

• Sawasdee! สวัสดี! :)

Your site is AMAZING! love your pictures..

Thanks for this wonderful trip report. Your pictures are great and it seems HKDL is a very beautiful park. I just wish they wouldn't add TSPL. That wonderful park doesn't deserve such an awful addition.

I've notices on your pictures that it says: Disney's Fastpass Distribution. Disney uses that in Florida either and I think in Anaheim as well. But in Paris it the signs just say Fastpass. How is it in Japan?

Can't wait for more of your trip report.

• Lost Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sisters and I have often conjured up your web footed site inside our crystal ball and have enjoyed seeing all the character photo's you have there of our many Disney friends. It's important that somebody keep track of all the Disney characters for historical purposes as well as for pleasure. Thank goodness you're doing that!

ORWEN: Now, if only they'd let us Cauldron girls pose for pictures.

ORGOCH: Is ya nuts? Wanna' go an' break somebody's cam'ra?
    Very glad you like our site so much It would be awesome to meet some characters from Black Cauldron like you

Quote Originally Posted by switttdrfan View Post
    Your site is AMAZING! love your pictures..
    Thank you! Glad you like them

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Thanks for this wonderful trip report. Your pictures are great and it seems HKDL is a very beautiful park. I just wish they wouldn't add TSPL. That wonderful park doesn't deserve such an awful addition.

I've notices on your pictures that it says: Disney's Fastpass Distribution. Disney uses that in Florida either and I think in Anaheim as well. But in Paris it the signs just say Fastpass. How is it in Japan?

Can't wait for more of your trip report.
    Thank you While I don't hate TSPL... I agree... I wish they were adding something else instead but like WDS, Hong Kong Disneyland very much needs additional attractions/areas and at least it looks like they are going to improve the land for Hong Kong.

As far as Fastpass, in Tokyo they use "Fastpass Ticketing":

Have a magical day!
    Jon

Thanks for the answer, Jon. It's still interesting why Disney uses different versions of the Fastpass sign.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Move along, Move along

Awesome pics! I love your Flickr gallery!

• Lost Boy

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Thanks for the answer, Jon. It's still interesting why Disney uses different versions of the Fastpass sign.
    Your welcome Yeah, it is always very interesting to see how each of the parks handle some things in slightly different ways... makes you wonder why they changed it.

Quote Originally Posted by HKDLFAN View Post
    Awesome pics! I love your Flickr gallery!
    Thank you! Glad you like the pics

So here is the 2nd part of my photo trip report

The 2nd day we were there was only a partial day at the park… mostly just wandering around exploring all the areas of the park and taking lots of pictures.

It was obvious that not many people drive to the park as these were all the cars in the parking lot when we got there a little after the park opened. Apparently you need a special permit to drive on the island that HKDL is on which seems a bit strange. Luckily there is a train station right at the entrance to the resort so getting there by public transportation appears to be very easy.

Since we were on a more relaxed schedule the second day we spent some time on Main Street looking through all the stores (and of course taking pictures). One nice thing about shopping in Hong Kong is that most things were fairly reasonably priced… especially compared to Tokyo… and they had many random deals where some things were 50% off! There was some merchandise that can be found at the US parks; however, most of it was unique to Hong Kong and they had some pretty kewl things! The only bad thing was that the stores themselves were pretty small which made for them feeling very crowded.

Once we were done with shopping we headed to Adventureland which was by far my favorite land in the park… it definitely could use a few more attractions but it was the best themed of all the lands.

After we were done exploring Adventureland we head to Fantasyland and passed the future entrance to Toy Story Land

After Fantasyland we headed to Tomorrowland

After Tomorrowland it was time to complete our circle and return to Main Street USA

Then it was time to leave the park for the day and go see some other sites in Hong Kong… although we didn't really do much this day other than wander around we are really glad we did so we got a good feel for the all the areas of the park.

Coming soon will be Part 3 which was our 3rd and final day of our trip

Hope you all enjoyed the pictures and as before if you want to see lots more pictures from Hong Kong Disneyland you can find them on our site here: Hong Kong Disneyland Resort at Disney Character Central
    Have a magical day!
    Jon

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast