Lightbulb Hong Kong Disneyland Expansion Phase II: Additional Rides

This thread is about not just extending the expansion for Hong Kong Disneyland for a phase II but adding more rides either be both originally from other parks and unique. Feel free to share your ideas and suggest some too.

Anyway for starters here's my ideas,

HONG KONG DISNEYLAND:

1. MAIN STREET USA:

Overview: This version of Main Street will see the addition of 3 brand new attractions exclusively made for the park. And the railroad of the park will be re-routed to go around all the themed lands though it will go behind Big Grizzly Mountain and Underneath Mystic Manor. Also another version of Mr. Lincoln will be located here along with re-themed shops and dinning. Finally, there will be a new Chinatown sub street to add more of a Chinese flare to Main Street.

Attractions:
    1. Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad: Main Street Station: (trans) Welcome aboard the Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad which takes you around the whole park with stops in Grizzly Trail, Toy Story Land, and Tomorrowland
    2. The Walt Disney Tribute: (exhibit/show) Explore the wonders of Walt's Life and legacy with a film narrated by Diane Disney Miller NEW!
    3. Art of the Disney Renaissance: (exhibit) Enter a exhibit showing displays of art during the pre-productions and post-productions of Classic Disney Renaissance Animated Films NEW!
    4. Great Moments with Mr. Lincoln: (Audio Animatronic show) Watch and enjoy recreations of civil war, and a rehearse of the Gettysburg Address by a Audio Animatronic Abraham Lincoln NEW!
    5. Reflections of China: (Circle Vision 360 Show) See the sights and wonders of China narrated by Jet Li NEW!
    6. The Wonders of Mulan: (exhibit) explore the art of the making of Disney's Mulan NEW!
    7. Horse Drawn Carriages: Hop aboard a horse drawn carriage for a ride along Main Street

Shops:
    1. The Grand Emporium NEW!
    2. Main Street Merchandise NEW!
    3. The Carriage House NEW!
    4. Shop of Curiosity NEW!
    5. Hall of Disney NEW!
    6. Mary's Sweets NEW!
    7. Town Square Photos
    8. Golden Dragon Jewelry Store NEW!
    9. Confucius Arts NEW!

Dinning:
    1. Main Street Bakery NEW!
    2. Dinning Place NEW!
    3. Corner Cafe NEW!
    4. Plaza Inn
    5. Main Street Coffee Co. NEW!
    6. Refreshment Plaza NEW!
    7. Dragon & Co. NEW!
    8. Noodle Palace NEW!

2. ADVENTURELAND:

Overview: This land will receive some brand new attractions along with shops and dinning.

Attractions:
    1. Pirates of the Caribbean: (water ride) Dead Men Tell No Tales as you explore a Pirate roamed caribbean NEW!
    2. Tarzan's Treehouse: (walk-through) Explore the treehouse of Tarzan
    3. Rafts to Tarzan's Treehouse: (trans) Hop aboard a raft that transports you from and to Tarzan's Treehouse
    4. Jungle River Cruise: (boat ride) Climb aboard a skipper boat where your skipper takes you on a journey through jungles encountering different animals
    5. Walt Disney's Enchanted Tiki Room: (audio animatronic show) Come and explore a place where the birds fly and sing in the tiki, tiki, tiki, tiki room NEW!

Shops:
    1. Professor Porter's Trading Post
    2. Blackbeard's Gallery NEW!
    3. Jungle Shop NEW!
    4. Wonders of Adventure NEW!
    5. Bazaar NEW!

Dinning:
    1. River View Cafe
    2. Blue Lagoon Restaurant
    3. Tahitian Terrace
    4. Tropical Refreshment Corner

3. GRIZZLY TRAIL:

Overview: This land will receive a brand new version of the Country Bear Jamboree, along with some new shops and dinning. Also there will be a railroad station here for the park's newly re-routed railroad.

Attractions:
    1. Big Grizzly Mountain Runaway Mine Carts: (indoor/outdoor roller coaster) Climb aboard a mine cart on this high speed thrill ride through the caves of Grizzly Peak and through the town of Grizzly Gulch, encountering Grizzly Audio Animatronics and such.
    FP SR
    2. Nature Trail: (meet and greet) Here guests can meet and greet their favorite bear characters
    3. Geyser Play area: (water play area) here kids can play in this water play area
    4. Country Bear Jamboree: (audio animatronic show) Come and watch your favorite bears sing in this wild country jamboree NEW!
    5. Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad: Grizzly Trail Depot: Welcome aboard the Hong Kong Disneyland railroad that takes you around the park, with stops in here in Grizzly Trail, Toy Story Land, Tomorrowland, and Main Street. NEW!

Shops:
    1. Country Bear Shop NEW!
    2. Bear Necessities
    3. Big Al's Garage NEW!
    4. Grizzly Gulch Photos NEW!

Dinning:
    1. Hungry Bear Restaurant NEW!
    2. Saloon
    3. Grizzly View Cafe NEW!

4. MYSTIC POINT:

Overview: This land will receive some new shops and dinning along with a two brand new attractions.

Attractions:
    1. Mystic Manor: (trackless dark ride) Explore the mystical house of Lord Henry Mystic which is cursed by a musical box opened by Lord Mystic's pet monkey
    FP
    2.The Graveyard: (walk-through) Explore a enchanted graveyard filled with mystery NEW!
    3. Garden of Mystery: (walk-through/meet and greet) Here guests can meet and greet their favorite disney characters and explore a magical garden of mystery NEW!

Shops:
    1. House of Mystic NEW!
    2. The Archive Shop NEW!
    3. Society of Explorers and Adventurers outpost NEW!

Dinning:

1. Lord Mystic's Garden NEW!
    2. Adventurer's Club

More to come soon...
    Last edited by Mickey Mouse rocks; 12-24-2011 at 08:26 AM.

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Expansion Phase II: Additional Rides

I love all of your ideas I would love if they expand adventureland with the pirate water loom coaster and a tiki room if it has one more thing it can be really awesome I think there might be room for a country bear show.

Main street I love most of your ideas but the lincoin show should be only in america and they should put more asain aspects in Main street even though it called Main Street USA

Love your idea I hope to see more

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

Quote Originally Posted by Burgower1994 View Post
    I love all of your ideas I would love if they expand adventureland with the pirate water loom coaster and a tiki room if it has one more thing it can be really awesome I think there might be room for a country bear show.

Main street I love most of your ideas but the lincoin show should be only in america and they should put more asain aspects in Main street even though it called Main Street USA

Love your idea I hope to see more
    I think there could be a chinatown extension of Main Street in the future, but overall I want to keep some attractions American themed. But thanks for the compliments.

---------- Post added 12-23-2011 at 05:26 PM ----------

Anyway here's my other ideas.

5. TOY STORY LAND: Remains unchanged except for addition of park railroad station, and Toy Story Midway Mania.

6. FANTASYLAND:

Overview: This land will receive a massive expansion and will receive brand new attractions, shops, and dinning.

Attractions:
    1. Sleeping Beauty Castle Walk-through: (walk-through) Explore the castle of Sleeping Beauty and see paintings that recreate the story of Sleeping Beauty NEW!
    2. King Arthur Carousel: (carousel) Climb aboard a horse on this regional carousel ride themed to King Arthur NEW!
    3. Mad Tea Party: (tea cups) Take a spin in a tea cup with the Mad Hatter and others
    4. Peter Pan's Flight: (dark ride) Come fly with Peter Pan and others to Neverland
    FP NEW!
    5. Mr. Toad's Motor Mania: (outdoor/indoor dark ride) Join Mr. Toad on a really wild ride between right and wrong FP NEW!
    6. Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs Adventure: (dark ride) Experience the tale of Snow white and her seven dwarfs NEW!
    7. The Daring Journey of Pinocchio: (indoor trackless dark ride) Join Pinocchio on a daring journey
    FP NEW!
    8. Fantasia River Cruise Expedition: (outdoor/indoor boat ride) Explore famous recreations of scenes from Walt Disney's Fantasia NEW!
    9. Alps Exploration: The Matterhorn: (indoor/outdoor roller coaster) Journey through the Matterhorn and encounter a gruesome Abominable Snowman
    FP NEW!
    10. It's a Small World: (indoor boat ride) Hop aboard a boat where the children of the world come and sing united
    11. Splash Mountain: (indoor/outdoor flume ride) Join Brer rabbit on a daring adventure to escape Brer Fox and Brer Bear but beware of the Laughin' Place
    FP NEW!12. The Adventures of Winnie the Pooh: (dark ride) Come and explore the Hundred Acre Wood with Pooh and friends NEW!
    13. Dueling Dumbos: (duplicate aerial carousel ride) Take to the air with Dumbo on this duplicate aerial carousel ride NEW!
    14. Sword in the Stone: (interactive attraction) Can you pull the excalibur sword from the stone then prove it yourself by trying it out
    15. Snow White Grotto: (interactive attraction) Make a wish in a wishing well.

Shops:
    1. Merlin's Shop NEW!
    2. Neverland Traders NEW!
    3. Gepetto's Workshop NEW!
    4. Seven Dwarf Minning Co. NEW!
    5. Alps Sweets NEW!
    6. Mr. Toad's Gallery NEW!
    7. Splash Mountain Shop NEW!
    8. Briar Patch NEW!
    9. Circus Gifts NEW!

Dinning:
    1. King Stefan's Hall NEW!
    2. Hook's Pointe NEW!
    3. Toad Hall NEW!
    4. Snowman Cafe NEW!
    5. Timothy Mouse's Circus Tent NEW!
    6. Rabbit's Garden NEW!
    7. Sleepy Hollow NEW!

7. TOMORROWLAND:

Overview: This land remains unchanged except for the replacement of Buzz Lightyear's Astro Blasters with a newer version of Star Tours and a brand new version of Space Mountain, along with a newer version of the Carousel of Progress and some new shops and dinning.

Attractions:
    1. Space Mountain: (indoor roller coaster) Welcome fellow astronauts to Space Mountain where you board your rockets and blast off on this high thrill journey
    FP NEW!
    2. Star Tours: Galactic Civil War: (motion simulator) Join C3PIO and R2-D2 on a journey across the galaxy during the Galactic Civil War but beware of imperial forces
    FP NEW!
    3. Oribitron: (aerial carousel) Climb aboard a flying saucer as you blast off
    4. Autopia: (enclosed track ride) Hop aboard and ride your cars on this enclosed track ride
    5. Carousel of Progress: Dreams of the Future: (rotating theater) The dreams of Tomorrow are just a dream away on this exciting journey through the futures of technology NEW!
    6. Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad: Tomorrowland Station: Welcome aboard the Hong Kong Disneyland railroad that takes you around the park with stops in Main Street, Grizzly Trail, Toy Story Land, and here in Tomorrowland.

Shops:
    1. Star Traders NEW!
    2. Astronaut Mickey's Shop NEW!
    3. Space Mountain Merchandise NEW!
    4. Dreams of the Future NEW!
    5. Innovations NEW!

Dinning:
    1. Starliner Cafe NEW!
    2. Rocket View Diner NEW!
    3. Tomorrowland Refreshments NEW!
    Last edited by Mickey Mouse rocks; 12-24-2011 at 08:19 AM.

Your list makes me feel bad, because it's a reminder of all the things HKDL is lacking.

Though I disagree with too hardcore Americana on Main Street like Mr. Lincoln. This is China we're talking about, even if it's HK. While Honest Abe is famous enough, I don't think most Asians like me don't really care too much about US presidents. I could be wrong, but I just don't see how that would hold much appeal since it's potentially political.

I love the idea on a Disney tribute, that bit of Americana is probably more appealing to the Southeast Asian market.

As I keep saying, we need a movie house on Main Street.

Question, why did you list all the attractions, even the existing ones. I'm just having hard time filtering which ones to respond to.

Realistically, Phase 2 would probably only have a couple of E-tickets total. If we're lucky, ideally we might get one D-ticket or E-ticket per land. I think I've said this too before.

Splash, Pirates and Star Tours are always my top picks. Quite simply those ride systems are still no represented at all in HKDL.

• Tomorrow's Child

Why not switch Lincoln with a Confucius show? There was going to be a show featuring an AA of him at one point, so it would be best of old and new.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Why not switch Lincoln with a Confucius show? There was going to be a show featuring an AA of him at one point, so it would be best of old and new.
    I kind of want Hong Kong Disneyland to be a different experience a bit for the local audience, and I careless of politics so some people might like it. But otherwise I could add a Reflections of China.

---------- Post added 12-24-2011 at 08:05 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Your list makes me feel bad, because it's a reminder of all the things HKDL is lacking.

Though I disagree with too hardcore Americana on Main Street like Mr. Lincoln. This is China we're talking about, even if it's HK. While Honest Abe is famous enough, I don't think most Asians like me don't really care too much about US presidents. I could be wrong, but I just don't see how that would hold much appeal since it's potentially political.

I love the idea on a Disney tribute, that bit of Americana is probably more appealing to the Southeast Asian market.

As I keep saying, we need a movie house on Main Street.

Question, why did you list all the attractions, even the existing ones. I'm just having hard time filtering which ones to respond to.

Realistically, Phase 2 would probably only have a couple of E-tickets total. If we're lucky, ideally we might get one D-ticket or E-ticket per land. I think I've said this too before.

Splash, Pirates and Star Tours are always my top picks. Quite simply those ride systems are still no represented at all in HKDL.
    Well in order to make it more appealing to the local audience I decided to add a Chinatown sub area for Main Street. I'll just add NEW! next to the new stuff to make it less confusing.
    Last edited by Mickey Mouse rocks; 12-24-2011 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey Mouse rocks View Post

Well in order to make it more appealing to the local audience I decided to add a Chinatown sub area for Main Street. I'll just add NEW! next to the new stuff to make it less confusing.
    My knee-jerk reaction is a it won't work, but then as I think about it, it's crazy and it makes sense. Plaza Inn already serves Cantonese cuisine.

I think maybe something along the lines like a 19th century Chinatown could work with the theme.

The biggest challenge, or potential conflict, that I can think of is that Chinatowns tend to be part of large cities instead of small towns, which is where Main Street USA draws its spirit from.

Difficult, but possible, and definitely exciting to think about!