Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

• Not here to help

Re: HKDL to release proposal for the design of further expansion

Adventureland is the most boring of all Disney lands ever.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-23-2012 at 04:21 PM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORDDU: Yet it is also the largest of all the lands at HKDL. Obviously poor planning was involved here.

ORGOCH: More ta the point; CHEAP plannin' was involved here!

Of All the lands in hong kong disneyland, the worst planned are mostly on the west side (Grizzly, Mystic, and Adventureland)...
    After the 3 expansion are finish, they must focused on adventureland and Fantasyland where the most attention are needed.
    Fantasyland needs 1 or 2 dark rides to complete the roster and;
    Adventureland must need some sort of a log flume ride.

---------- Post added 02-23-2012 at 09:23 PM ----------

Grizzly Gulch could be expanded to have a complete 'frontierland' feeling and the land where toy storyland is situated could be use as an extension for adventureland at cost of removing that toy story land.

---------- Post added 02-23-2012 at 09:25 PM ----------

Tomorrowland also needs 1 attraction in the factual side.
    Hong Kong Disneyland has Potential if it is well-planned and well-executed.
    That's all!

What do you think if HKDL will be expanded until the white line I draw in Google Earth?... Nothing I'm just thinking if they will maximize all the space in the parkName:  Hkdls.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  105.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by hkdlsuper View Post
    What do you think if HKDL will be expanded until the white line I draw in Google Earth?... Nothing I'm just thinking if they will maximize all the space in the parkName:  Hkdls.jpg
Views: 1301
Size:  105.8 KB
    Well you're already getting part of your wish: nearly half of the space on the left (between the park and the white line) is where the current expansion is being built.

Marvel characters at Disney theme parks? - latimes.com

See the above story. Bob Iger said preliminary designs are done.
    Iger didn't mention which Disney parks might get some Marvel muscle -- just a vague reference to "a few places around the world."
    Which one do you guys think will best suit HKDL? I vote for Iron Man. Definitely not Captain America.

At the moment I can imagine to see Marvel based attractions at Walt Disney Studios Park Paris and at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

In my opinion it doesn't fit into the Tomorrowland of HKDL with the space theme.

I also think Shanghai will also get a Marvel ride, but that park will be a mixture of several Disney franchises.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    At the moment I can imagine to see Marvel based attractions at Walt Disney Studios Park Paris and at Disney's Hollywood Studios.

In my opinion it doesn't fit into the Tomorrowland of HKDL with the space theme.

I also think Shanghai will also get a Marvel ride, but that park will be a mixture of several Disney franchises.
    Yeah, hmmm, Fantastic Four, but that seems unlikely. I think we've seen weirder things.

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    Yeah, hmmm, Fantastic Four, but that seems unlikely. I think we've seen weirder things.
    Yeas we have. For example Disney put Buzz Lightyear Laser Blast into DLP's Discoveryland. That ride doesn't fit at all into the Jules Verne and other European visionairies inspired Discoveryland. In my opinion it doesn't even fit into Tomorrowland.

• I'm a Lutheran

I'd like to see a worthy replacement for Buzz, WRE and the Country Bear Jamboree in Grizzly Trail, re-theme of Tomorrowland, re-theme of Fantasyland, and possibly an Indy attraction for Adventureland. Despite the fact most of those suggested ideas are clones they could do so much more with them to make them unique to Hong Kong as its three newest lands (except for Toy Story Land) are. WRE for starters would finally materialize here which would make the park worthy enough for a visit in my opinion and make Grizzly Trail complete along with the addition of the Country Bears which could star in a brand-new show or a clone of the original three shows (I'd prefer a new show).

Star Tours is already coming to the park in the future so there's no need to put that in in place of Buzz. Something original should replace Buzz as part of a major Tomorrowland re-theme. If you ask me they should rename the land into something entirely different since it absolutely has pretty much nothing to do with the future at this point. Stitch is modern, Space Mountain doesn't have a direct time setting, Buzz is modern and a toy, and Star Tours, the Orbitron, and Autopia just so happen to fit in with the existing sci-fi theme. They should remodel the land's architecture in a manner similar to Florida's big refurbishment a while back and make it more like a retro sci-fi comic book. It would work quite well here actually. Maybe they can replace Buzz with something unique like UFO Encounter, an never built Tokyo ride which used a combination of 3D sound, robot arm, and free fall technology where riders were abducted by fearsome aliens.

Fantasyland is a land in major need of new life starting with a redo for all the attraction facades and the addition of maybe one or two new dark rides. Rather than cloning existing dark rides from around the world they should put in some new ones. What if they did a suspended dark ride themed to Nightmare Before Christmas which seems to be a pretty big amount of HKDL's theming around Halloween. The other dark ride could be something also unique, perhaps a Beauty and the Beast ride? I don't know but the possibilities are endless.

Adventureland could use a thrill ride. There are several topics that can easily be turned into a thrill ride such as Indy. Or they could come up with something entirely original. Perhaps a dinosaur-themed adventure (dinosaurs seemed to be in the works for HKDL in its original planning phases)?
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I read that Star Tours wouldn't be coming to HKDL's Tomorrowland after all. Only time will tell, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sisters and I read that Star Tours wouldn't be coming to HKDL's Tomorrowland after all. Only time will tell, of course.
    Que sera, sera...

I'm getting a mighty big feeling of déjà vu with these discussions. Hehehe... We all seem to know what HKDL sorely needs, but until something is announced, we continue to speculate, complain, and anticipate.

What I'm most thankful for is that the next 12 months or so will introduce two original rides in HKDL that even at this state seem to surpass what I would have been content with (clones of BTMRR and HM).

Trolling the Avatarland debates over on the other boards, I'm pretty pleased at HKDL's guts to try these fresh takes on classics. I'm hoping that the further expansion will continue this trend.

Of course, since the primary reason HKDL is in its current state of underdevelopment are the budget cuts, if I'm forced to bet on the more practical side of things, a Star Tours 2 would be more than welcome.

• Resident of the Caldera

I wish it wasn't such a huge schlep to get to Hong Kong. From where I live it's almost 30 hours from the time I leave my house until I arrive at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel, and that's with only one plane change and a 3-hour layover in Narita. It'll be years before I get to see Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point! Argh!
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

• Nutty about Disney parks

The Little Mermaid and PotC are already being planned for Shanghai are they not? In that case it would seem unlikely to put those in Hong Kong which is a shame. Fantasyland could use some more stuff. Not exactly sure how you would expand Adventureland given the awkward layout. I consider Mystic Point to be a part of Adventureland even if it's being it's own land for what the reason.
    Toonaspie: I have Asperger's. I like cartoons. Toonaspie!

• Resident of the Caldera

It would be very easy to expand Fantasyland: that Fantasia Gardens character meet and greet area is a pretty obvious place-holder for an E or D Ticket. Both times I've gone to the park, Fantasia Gardens was empty. No characters in the gazebos and no one waiting to meet them.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast