Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Re: HKDL to release proposal for the design of further expansion

Superheroes in Disney dash - The Standard

Siu Sai Wo of Sing Tao Daily and The Standard.

"Hong Kong Disneyland has been expanding its attractions in recent years with the addition of new themes such as Toy Story. I was curious whether they would consider adding Marvel comic characters, and put the question to a top executive of the park. The answer was that superhero stories are heavy-action based, and there is no lack of other materials that Disney may explore. In other words, the idea will not be on the agenda for the time being."

So the next phase of HKDL expansion is not going to involve Marvel. I don't mind, but please do give us something original!

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    The Little Mermaid and PotC are already being planned for Shanghai are they not? ...... I consider Mystic Point to be a part of Adventureland even if it's being it's own land for what the reason.
    Mystic Point is just a point located in Adventureland. Mystic Mansion + Adventurers Club = Mystic Point. There series would be completed if the Tower of Horror is also there though, I think it would be planned in SHDL instead.

That's really a shame. Little Mermaid is fun and PotC is an exciting dark ride, one of my favourites. HKDL does need 2 more dark rides. One is for young adults, and the other is for alternatives for kids. The Winnie the Pool Adventure is popular to kids but not teenagers or young adults. I hope there is a dark ride for young adults too. For rainny and stormy days, more than half of the rides will close. The whole Toy story land, as well as the Gizzly Gulch, the Tarzan Island, the Jungle River Cruise, Dumbo, Orbitron, and Autopia. I hope something new would debut in HKDL rather than clones. SHDL is really it competitors, not compliment as the official said, SHDL has much more resource, budgets, and also strong government support. No doubt, popular attractions would be cloned to SHDL and new rides would possibly be debuted there. I am afraid only something experimental, cheap in budget, would be brought in HKDL.

Thanks for the article sharing, Asa.
    I aslo discussed about the idea of Superhero themed with my friend, esp Marvel hero. The incredibles alone would not be able to prop a land. If Disney brings Marvel hero in the land, this will rival with the Universal Studio.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by ree523 View Post
    Mystic Point is just a point located in Adventureland. Mystic Mansion + Adventurers Club = Mystic Point. There series would be completed if the Tower of Horror is also there though, I think it would be planned in SHDL instead.

That's really a shame. Little Mermaid is fun and PotC is an exciting dark ride, one of my favourites. HKDL does need 2 more dark rides. One is for young adults, and the other is for alternatives for kids. The Winnie the Pool Adventure is popular to kids but not teenagers or young adults. I hope there is a dark ride for young adults too. For rainny and stormy days, more than half of the rides will close. The whole Toy story land, as well as the Gizzly Gulch, the Tarzan Island, the Jungle River Cruise, Dumbo, Orbitron, and Autopia. I hope something new would debut in HKDL rather than clones. SHDL is really it competitors, not compliment as the official said, SHDL has much more resource, budgets, and also strong government support. No doubt, popular attractions would be cloned to SHDL and new rides would possibly be debuted there. I am afraid only something experimental, cheap in budget, would be brought in HKDL.

Thanks for the article sharing, Asa.
    I aslo discussed about the idea of Superhero themed with my friend, esp Marvel hero. The incredibles alone would not be able to prop a land. If Disney brings Marvel hero in the land, this will rival with the Universal Studio.
    Mystic Point is a seperate land just like Grizzly Gulch and Toy Story Playland and it is NOT placed in Adventureland. Mystic Manor will be the only ride but there will be other small attractions or photospots. Just like any other land in HKDL it will have its own seperate theme, music and color on maps. It is not a part of Adventureland. Just to make that clear
    There isnt even a path from Adventureland to Mystic Point.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-22-2012 at 01:45 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

so here is what one of the imagineers i chatted with said about the lands being built in Hong Kong Disneyland.

Although each of those will have their own distinct names and management has decided to give them seperate sections within the park maps to not create confusion all the new additions are part of what the original theme for adventureland was. The whole west part of the park was designed to be all about adventures whether it be jungle adventures, mining adventures or stories that involved exploration. Grizzley Gulch and Mystic Manor fall within that idea and are considered an expansion of Adventureland.

Toy Storyland was not part of that idea since they had other plans for that piece of land but the location was chosen because of its close proximity to Fantasyland and is now considered a transitional point of Adventureland and Fantasyland similar to how the original anaheim park has the long wooden walkway from frontierland to fantasyland.

so yes eventhough they might have their own name they are considered by the design team as expansions of Adventureland and as the park grows and stories develop these miniland lands will have have back stories that interact with each other.

Speaking of new additions, WDI does have some plans for attractions that might eventually become clones for more than one park including Hong Kong. There is also discussions of a couple of the Shanghai attractions eventually making it to the states if they end up being popular enough to be considered FRANCHISE attractions like space mountain, thunder mountain and IASW

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    so here is what one of the imagineers i chatted with said about the lands being built in Hong Kong Disneyland.

Although each of those will have their own distinct names and management has decided to give them seperate sections within the park maps to not create confusion all the new additions are part of what the original theme for adventureland was. The whole west part of the park was designed to be all about adventures whether it be jungle adventures, mining adventures or stories that involved exploration. Grizzley Gulch and Mystic Manor fall within that idea and are considered an expansion of Adventureland.

Toy Storyland was not part of that idea since they had other plans for that piece of land but the location was chosen because of its close proximity to Fantasyland and is now considered a transitional point of Adventureland and Fantasyland similar to how the original anaheim park has the long wooden walkway from frontierland to fantasyland.

so yes eventhough they might have their own name they are considered by the design team as expansions of Adventureland and as the park grows and stories develop these miniland lands will have have back stories that interact with each other.

Speaking of new additions, WDI does have some plans for attractions that might eventually become clones for more than one park including Hong Kong. There is also discussions of a couple of the Shanghai attractions eventually making it to the states if they end up being popular enough to be considered FRANCHISE attractions like space mountain, thunder mountain and IASW
    Mystic Manor is in Mystic Point and not in Adventureland no matter what imagineers may have said at a time. Hong Kong Disneyland has done everything to market these three new areas as seperate lands with individual attractions.
    The park map will show us soon enough when it comes up in a new version later this summer...
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 06-13-2012 at 11:05 PM.

i know what you are saying but it does matter what WDI says because they are the ones establishing the storyline and lands for the park.

It would not be the first time that they have dne this DIsneyland in Anaheim has similar backstories that link lands together. Case in point The Huanted Mansion and Pirates of Carribean reside in what park maps consider New Orleans square yet the storyline in frontierland has connections with those attractions including rivers of America.

WDI has also done similar things in Tokyo and have linked attractions like Their Tower to raging spirits. It would be illogical to call both of those areas in maps the same thing since they take up vast areas of the park but there is connections to eachother.

Hong Kong's Adventureland was built from the beginning with that intention and it still carries that same idea as of now. Mystic Manor and grizzley gulch and adventureland are interconnected as all parts of an Adventure theme. The plot that is still vacant is suppose to also be interconneced as part of a vast adventureland but will also have its own park identity mainly because it makes it easier for guest navigation.

In other words you are correct the lands are being advertised by park management as individual lands but management does whatever they feel works for park flow If friends in WDI are telling me what their intentions are with storyline for that side of the park then why would i argue with that.

it would be like arguing with an artist about a painting that they did.
    Last edited by Baloo; 05-23-2012 at 11:55 AM.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I recall an article we had read when HKDL first opened. It claimed that Adventureland might be getting a voodoo themed Haunted Mansion. We just assumed Mystic Manor was the end result of this reasoning. So we have assumed Mystic Manor is part of Adventureland, too. The fact that they are also building a restaurant called The Adventurer's Club--or whatever it is--goes to suggest this might be an extension of Adventureland.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Baloo View Post
    i know what you are saying but it does matter what WDI says because they are the ones establishing the storyline and lands for the park.

It would not be the first time that they have dne this DIsneyland in Anaheim has similar backstories that link lands together. Case in point The Huanted Mansion and Pirates of Carribean reside in what park maps consider New Orleans square yet the storyline in frontierland has connections with those attractions including rivers of America.

WDI has also done similar things in Tokyo and have linked attractions like Their Tower to raging spirits. It would be illogical to call both of those areas in maps the same thing since they take up vast areas of the park but there is connections to eachother.

Hong Kong's Adventureland was built from the beginning with that intention and it still carries that same idea as of now. Mystic Manor and grizzley gulch and adventureland are interconnected as all parts of an Adventure theme. The plot that is still vacant is suppose to also be interconneced as part of a vast adventureland but will also have its own park identity mainly because it makes it easier for guest navigation.

In other words you are correct the lands are being advertised by park management as individual lands but management does whatever they feel works for park flow If friends in WDI are telling me what their intentions are with storyline for that side of the park then why would i argue with that.

it would be like arguing with an artist about a painting that they did.
    I know that there are connections in the story, names and themes.

But please just dont tell me that Tower Of Terror in DisneySEA is in Lost River Delta... or that Raging Spirits is in the American Harbour simply because the have links storywise.

Connected by story and to some point theme... but not as build lands or ports in a themepark.

Mystic Manor is not a part of Adventureland. Just like Pirates are not on Mainstreet in California. Mystic Manor is in Mystic Point. ...but storywise it could be in DisneySEA.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 05-23-2012 at 02:43 PM.

You can't even go from Adventureland to Mystic Point without going through Toy Story Land or Grizzly Gulch...

To my understanding Grizzly Gulch is considered Hong Kong's version of Frontierland. Albeit quite a bit smaller, but as long as it is well done, I don't mind.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    You can't even go from Adventureland to Mystic Point without going through Toy Story Land or Grizzly Gulch...

To my understanding Grizzly Gulch is considered Hong Kong's version of Frontierland. Albeit quite a bit smaller, but as long as it is well done, I don't mind.
    Thats very true. But Grizzly Gulch is not that much smaller. Its just about the average size of a "land". It just havent got enough attractions. That might change later on. Adventureland also only has one real ride.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Thats very true. But Grizzly Gulch is not that much smaller. Its just about the average size of a "land". It just havent got enough attractions. That might change later on. Adventureland also only has one real ride.
    Is there enough space to add more attractions?

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Dagobert View Post
    Is there enough space to add more attractions?
    Grizzly Gulch has space enough for another big ride. But then Adventureland cant be expanded witch it very much needs to be. One ride is not enough.
    Between Grizzly Gulch and Adventureland there is room for one big and one small attraction.

In Mystic Point there is very litle room left for anything. The Mystic Manor ride building and the restaurant building take up a huge piece of land. I just hope this land will have atleast 2 real things to do when it opens and not just a ride and bunch of photospots.

• Watch Your Language

Andrew Kam, CEO of HKDL says more details (further expansion) will be released early next year. It is likely that more rides and attractions plus new hotel would be added.

• Watch Your Language

"At Least One Worldwide Exclusive 'Land' is considered to be added to HKDL plus Speeding up the negotiation process for 2nd Gate/Park.

Source:

迪士尼新園區 財務安排關鍵 - 香港經濟日*網站 : 20120614 - 港聞

I hope they are also putting more rides in fantasyland and tomrrowland because they really need it and I hope they make sure hong kong disneyland is a one day park before they make the 2nd park but i will admit i really want to know what they are announcing it sounds really exciting!!

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast