Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

Re: HKDL to release proposal for the design of further expansion

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    "At Least One Worldwide Exclusive 'Land' is considered to be added to HKDL plus Speeding up the negotiation process for 2nd Gate/Park.
    Is "considered" - I know it might just be weird translation, but it sounds like things are still very much up in the air. We know how these negotiations have turned out before, with Disney taking something awesome to them (Pirates land/ Glacier land) and being turned down or watered down. Based on those experiences, I'm not going to get my hopes up until we have more concrete information.
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

My 2 cents worth is that if they complete the build out of the first gate then start building the second gate, the 2nd gate will have to open with a full array of attractions to pull a decent crowd across the promenade.

Whereas if they start with the second gate while the 1st gate is still incomplete, then they can add attractions alternatively at both parks to keep them BOTH interesting for returning guests.

???????????????????????- ???

This just out. HKDL plans to use the remaining 7 acre of land to build more attractions. The biggest parcel will see yet another exclusive themed area, then smaller attractions afterwards. The cost is about HK$1 billion and will be borne by HKDL's revenues over the coming years. Work will begin in 2014.

Also talks of Downtown Disney and more hotels.

Hong Kong Economic Times has more info:

Unless it's Pirates or an entirely new concept, I'm not terribly excited.

Gah, but any news is still worth getting a little bit excited anyhow.

• Not here to help

Fantasyland,Mystic Point, Grizzly Gulch and most of all Adnetureland need more attractions. AlsoTomorrowland is empty even if it has 3 big rides.

They have to think of ways to put in new rides without having to expand the park area that much. Land is very limited.

One more darkride that blows peoples minds like a kuka arm coaster of some sort in Fantasyland and a thrilling flume log type of ride in Adventureland (just next to Gryzzly) and two mini atractions, one each for Mystic and Grizzly. ...it would make the park complete and ready for new things.

As it anything liek that ever will happen.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Watch Your Language

According to local news report, they might build a major E Ticket attraction first, and follow with several smaller attractions, possibly one attraction per year. I guess announcement to be made in 2013, construction to begin in 2014, 1st major attraction to open in 2015/2016. And one new attraction per year thereafter.

Sounds good I hope they make an announcement really soon and I hope they put couple of rides in fantasyland

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

That's interesting. It seems HKDL wants to add as much as possible until SDL opens.

Today's news is that DreamWorks will open a "Dream Center" in Shanghai, costing 20 billion yuan, as opposed to SDL's 24.3 billion which includes hotels. This is really going to spice up the theme park competition over here. HKDL must act soon.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by Asa; 08-07-2012 at 06:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    Today's news is that DreamWorks will open a "Dream Center" in Shanghai, costing 20 billion yuan, as opposed to SDL's 24.3 billion which includes hotels. This is really going to spice up the theme park competition over here. HKDL must act soon.
    According to this: Oriental DreamWorks offers glimpse of 'Dream Center' in Shanghai - latimes.com the "dream center" won't be a theme park, so I don't see how it provides any competition to Shanghai Disneyland. The only thing it might compete with is Downtown Disney (or whatever they end up calling Shanghai Disney's shops and restaurant zone).

And it certainly doesn't stand to hurt Hong Kong Disneyland.
    Last edited by jimmay; 08-12-2012 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Tying into the thread a little better.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

I actually feel that the "Dream Center" in Shanghai, theme park or not, is more of a threat to HKDL than it is to SDL. If successful, it will only reinforce Shanghai as the city to go to for your theme park fix. Don't forget the Six Flags-esque coasters in Happy Valley Shanghai and you've got three pretty good theme parks/entertainment centers in one city.

well i have put together my own article where i think things will go..

Down Under Disney: Hong Kong Disneyland - Phase 2 expansion

The way I see it, if HKDL is planning to build one big ride with HK$1 billion of its own profit, then why the delayed announcement from 2012 to Jan 2013?

I can only imagine that since Jan 2013 is the time to announce HKDL's financial results, the resort plans to use the expected positive results as the platform to negotiate for more govt investment, not for rides but for Downtown Disney and more hotel rooms. As HKDL mentioned before, they want to open DD by 2016 to coincide with the Guangzhou-Hongkong High Speed Rail and the Hong Kong-Macau-Zhuhai mega bridge.

My guess is they plan announcement in 2013, work to begin end of 2013/early 2014, completion and opening by 2016.

Well, HKDL is gonna be a small resort anyway so i think they should keep that in mind. I think they should start building the second park before building out the first so you can try keeping in fresh. The space between the two hotels in huge so maybe they shouldnt waste it with another hotel. maybe a water park or just some other really entertaining experience. The space under the parking lot should be used for one last hotel. Then of course you have the huge space for a park bigger than a fully built out HKDL. Also, the utilities in HKDL could be pushed back bit further and that would open up an entire ring of land for expansion. that would make it at least a 70 acre park

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    That would make it at least a 70 acre park
    That would take 70 years to build the way they do it.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast