Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast

Re: HKDL to release proposal for the design of further expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    That would take 70 years to build the way they do it.
    they are not quite that bad.

It would be nice to get some idea of whats happening next, i mean we are all keen.

However i think the issue that we have now is that they are still working on the current expansion, so even talking about phase 2 is a little premature.

I would like to see the space between the hotels used for something other than a hotel, not a water park like someone said but something else.

• Watch Your Language

Hong Kong Ocean Park is now inviting Design Consultants to submit their expression of interest in The new "Tai Shue Wan" Project.(The new indoors and outdoors water park plus retail and dining, and possibly a water show). The themed ice rink is now listed as optional. As per recent local news, the cost of the project is around hk$2.3 billion. HKOP has released the conceptual design of the water park structure which is subject to change. size of the new expansion (in hectre) will be 3 times the size of the Grizzly Gulch, Mystic Point and Toy story land combined.

Tender for two new hotels (fishermen's wharf hotel and Ocean Hotel) will begin shortly.

It is very likely HKDL will release it's design and proposal to HK Gov early 2013.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 08-14-2012 at 10:42 PM.

see, now still dont think we shall see anything til at least november of next year.

Obviously there would be talks going on now, or in the near future but i think its a little silly to say that people would start talking about the next expansion, before the current one is even done.

i mean they did not say what was next for california adventure whilst they were building the new stuff.

I would like to see them add some more nighttime entertainment options outside the park. The space between the park and the train station would be ideal for a world of disney, or a restaurant or such.

I dont think they need to keep adding lands, the park has enough for people to do now, i think for the next expansion project, or works project, they need to invest in making people stay longer, and another ride is not going to do that.

Ocean park might be a big thing for the people of hong kong, but for tourists from macau, indonesia and people like myself from Australia, ocean park looks tacky, and speaking locally, we have better parks.

Getting off point a bit, but it just seems premature to talk about what they might do, when they are not even done doing what they already said they would.

*}士尼轉盈 再擴建攻男孩 - 新浪網 - 新聞

In this latest interview with Mr Philip Yung Wai-hung, Commissioner for Tourism, he said HKDL will expand with one to two new themed lands aimed at boys of 15-30 years old, rides will be exciting and adventurous. Attractions such as Winnie the Pooh or Princesses won't be added.

But the main consideration is to keep having new elements at the park to bring tourists back, such as new shows or new parades.

The 15-30 year old demographic turn out to be the biggest spenders in HKDL. They are more willing to spend on gifts, meals and hotel stays than faimilies. That's why the decision to build new attractions aimed at this group. The new attractions will likely be complete by 2016.

Hotel expansion is still under discussion, but there is no plan for Downtown Disney. The resort is expected to break 2011's record of 5.9 million visitors this year and actually make a profit.

I think it is not surprising that HKDL will break attendance records due to two new lands opening in this financial year.

One to two new themed lands aimed at boys, I hope one of them is Pirates. But I have just been to the park and saw quite a bit of Marvel merchandize, including Iron Man, Captain America and Spider-Man. I think a Marvel ride might be in the works.

• Not here to help

HKDL will be full of lands that only have 1-2 real attractions each. Adventureland is the most boring land in any Disneypark ever. Mystic Point is nothing more than a ride and Grizzly Gulch a coaster.
    I think a land should have atleast 2 rides.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

*}士尼轉盈 再擴建攻男孩 - 新浪網 - 新聞

In this latest interview with Mr Philip Yung Wai-hung, Commissioner for Tourism, he said HKDL will expand with one to two new themed lands aimed at boys of 15-30 years old, rides will be exciting and adventurous. Attractions such as Winnie the Pooh or Princesses won't be added.

One to two new themed lands aimed at boys, I hope one of them is Pirates. But I have just been to the park and saw quite a bit of Marvel merchandize, including Iron Man, Captain America and Spider-Man. I think a Marvel ride might be in the works.
    You can only have so many lands in that little park. I think that its kind of upsetting that no lands will really be there for girls. I mean, although im not for Disney's pushing of Princesses and fairies in American Parks, there should still be a place for them at HKDL. (and this is comming from a dude's point of view). As for a marvel themed land, while i agree that Disney should finally debut Marvel attractions, I dont think it would be wise in HKDL. Im not one of those folks who is whining about Marvel in Disney parks. In fact, I encourage it. But if its going to be done in the Hong Kong Resort, I think it should be done in the second park only because the first gate has a small foot print as it is and the second could have a big enough area planned to include marvel attractions at their full potential. As for a pirates themed land, I would love for HKDL to get that pirate mountain attraction realized, But i dont see why they would need an entire new land to do that. The area where FotLK is right now has the space for an attraction, a lagoon, and i pirate island in the lagoon. FotLK was only supposed to be temperary after all.....I wish Toy Story Land was temperary....or that they would at the very least has TSMM as an attraction there.

• Minion

ORDDU: HKDL Management just doesn't make the best decisions for the park over there. A Pirates of the Caribbean attraction really should have been allowed.

ORWEN: And what's with all this sudden hatred of little girls--and other fans--who happen to like the Disney Princesses? That all seemed to have started in America, actually, when that Brian Conley guy decided to change Rapunzel's title to that awful 'Tangled' thing. They're just too paranoid about fairytales in general--even though so many of them make the most money for the company!!! The live action version of Alice in Wonderland should have shown them that a classic title for a movie still works.

ORGOCH: But ya all digresses. Most important thing is what they's got ta EAT over there! I still don't see no frog legs on the menu!!!

• "What is thy bidding?"

Red Face Re: HKDL to release proposal for the design of further expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: HKDL Management just doesn't make the best decisions for the park over there. A Pirates of the Caribbean attraction really should have been allowed.

ORWEN: And what's with all this sudden hatred of little girls--and other fans--who happen to like the Disney Princesses? That all seemed to have started in America, actually, when that Brian Conley guy decided to change Rapunzel's title to that awful 'Tangled' thing. They're just too paranoid about fairytales in general--even though so many of them make the most money for the company!!! The live action version of Alice in Wonderland should have shown them that a classic title for a movie still works.

ORGOCH: But ya all digresses. Most important thing is what they's got ta EAT over there! I still don't see no frog legs on the menu!!!
    Yep..I saw some creative arm chair imagineers on this site come up with some great concept designs of The Pirate Mountain/Pirates of the Caribbean and would help the park out...not allowing one of the Disney signature E-ticket attractions is an interesting approach for sure..(The mtn could help block the Toy Story structures if placed next to that land) Understand the costly $$ eggs in one basket delima though..
    Last edited by Darth Goofy; 10-05-2012 at 07:35 AM.

迪士尼轉盈 再擴建攻男孩 入場人次新高 開業7年首度「有賺」
    容偉雄說﹕「目前考慮是不時要有新元素,不一定靠新園區,可以是巡遊表演換新主題,改善軟件都會有吸引力, 即使(兩個新園區)未必如三個園區那麼大,總體來說,各樣加起來,有硬有軟,仍可予人有推陳出 新感覺。」
    迪士尼園區尚餘7公頃用地未發展,據了解,有別於首輪擴建計劃要建三個園區,次輪擴建將是一連串規劃,上述 兩個園區只是其中一部分,暫不會一次過用盡7公頃地,而是按情况不斷擴建,消息人士說﹕「一有合適條件就會 興建,賺到多點錢就建大點。」

Summary:
    Mr Philip Yung Wai-hung also said the most important thing is to add new elements from time to time to the land, like a new parade or improvements on its environment and service support, and may not focus on adding new lands,. Each of the two new lands will be smaller than any land in the previous expansion, and Disneyland is not going to expand all of the remaining 7 hectares with a rigid time schedule which relies on its financial situation.

http://hk.apple.nextmedia.com/news/a...21012/18038449

迪士尼首錄盈利 政府不分紅

【本報訊】因入場人數、餐飲銷售及酒店入住率都大升,開業七年的香港迪士尼樂園終於有錢賺,首次錄得盈利, 被批評「倒錢落海」的政府也媳婦熬成婆,首次可望分紅,但據悉當局或不收取,另再以貸代股,一同投放入樂園 下輪擴建。同期海洋公園人數也錄得730萬人次新高。

消息說,每年9月財政年度完結的迪士尼,過去一年入場人數、餐飲、零售及酒店四大收入來源也錄得可觀升幅, 樂園意外首錄盈利。2010年度入場人數逾590萬,料2011年度破600萬大關。

須視乎立會支持與否
    其實,若只按利息、稅項、折舊及攤銷前盈利(EBITDA),樂園2009年度已首次錄得正數,為2.21 億元,但扣除有關款項後仍虧損7.2億元;2010年度EBITDA為5.06億元,但扣除後仍虧損2.3 7億元。2011年度是首次EBITDA扣除有關款項後錄得盈利,「稅項、折舊變化唔大,係收入 多咗」。

按協議,美國迪士尼樂園EBITDA錄得正數,便可收取「管理費」,如去年便收了約3,200萬元。政府則 須在獲盈利後才可分紅,但消息稱政府考慮今次不收取,並再將其貸款轉換為股份,作為未來擴建資金。當局仍需 視乎新一屆立法會支持與否。

迪士尼首輪擴建最後項目迷離莊園明年上半年開幕,會以無軌列車接載乘客闖鬼屋。次輪擴建餘下7公頃土地,據 悉會建多個主題區,因現有的多吸引家庭及女性客,故部份新區會以男孩、Kidult等為目標,「遊戲仲刺激 」。

中大市場學系教授冼日明說,七年才獲利對主題公園來說不算長,但恐上海迪士尼落成後,香港樂園失去競爭力, 「政府唔收紅,市民梗係唔高興,但都洗濕咗個頭,都好過再真金白銀投資」。

HKDL finally makes a profit due to attendance, hotel room, merchandize and F&B sales increase. HK govt is finally able to receive dividends from HKDL. But according to sources, HK govt is not going to take the money, in fact it will re-invest in it, plus turning its outstanding loan into shares, for further expansion. HK Ocean Park recorded 7.3 million visitors in the same period.

According to sources, HKDL's account runs from Oct to Sep each year. In the past financial year, the 4 main revenue streams: attendance, merchandizing, F&B and hotel generated large increases. The park has surprisingly turned a profit for the first time. In 2010 it had 5.9 million visitors. It is expected the figure for 2011 will exceed that.

Actually, if talking purely about EBITDA, the park has recorded a positive figure back in 2009 with $229 million. In 2010 the park recorded $506 million. But overall it was still losing $237 million. 2011 is therefore the first time the park generated a real profit.

According to the agreement, TWDC is entitled to a management fee as soon as a profit is made, which it did last year, taking $32 million. The govt can only receive a dividend after it has turned a profit, but the govt is not considering taking the money, instead it is thinking of turning its outstanding loan into shares to help further expand the park. It has to see if the LegCo will support this proposal.

HKDL's last first phase expansion Mystic Point will open in the first half of 2013, using trackless vehicles to transport guests through a haunted mansion. There is 7 acre of land remaining, it is understood that multiple theme lands will be created. As the current theme lands attract mostly families and female guests, the new lands will target boys and kidults. The rides will be even more exciting.

Sin Yat-Ming of Chinese University says that 7 years to turn a profit is not too long for a theme park. But he is concerned that once Shanghai Disneyland is built, HKDL will lose its appeal. "The govt giving up the profit is certain to anger the citizens, but now that we have gone this far, it is better to push on. At least we don't have to put in new money."

---------- Post added 10-12-2012 at 03:03 PM ----------

For your infor, HK govt still has a HK$1 billion loan to HKDL. If this is converted into shares, then TWDC also has to fork out about HK$920 million, in order to maintain the share ratio of 52:48. HK$920m is about US$120m, which maybe enough to build one themed land at HKDL.

For your infor, HK govt still has a HK$1 billion loan to HKDL. If this is converted into shares, then TWDC also has to fork out about HK$920 million, in order to maintain the share ratio of 52:48. HK$920m is about US$120m, which maybe enough to build one themed land at HKDL.
    I would not assume that a cash payment from Burbank would be made to balance the share ratio. The conversion of the loan might be a way to pay for new ride and show services from Glendale. TWDC could charge the $120 million at "retail" for goods that cost much less.

Several people have asked for attractions suggested by Marvel characters. It will not be anytime soon because of the strong business from the theme park adaptations from Pixar IP. Radiator Springs at Disney California Adventure is setting records. The Marvel stable also has prior contractural obligations to other studios. When those agreements expire you might see an announcement for a meet and greet for Captain America.

Just to clarify, the article references that there are 7 hectares (17.3 acres) of land for future expansion.

The article didn't mention, but the HK gov't actually has $4billion of subordinated shares that attracted no dividends but can be gradually converted to regular shares when HKDL becomes profitable. This will strengthen the government's position when negotiating, I think.
    Last edited by wali; 11-02-2012 at 11:04 AM.

In the mean time, i think some money should go towards moving the Team Disney Building that behind Autopia. This just preps the space that will ultimately be used in the future especially with SHDL coming along soon. Hong Kong should start looking toward more "repeatable" attractions (ie where theres always something new for returning guest) as well as pure unique attractions that arent allowed to be coppied. They should just consider that as they dont particularly know what shanghai will do to its own attendance.

Quote Originally Posted by wali View Post
    Just to clarify, the article references that there are 7 hectares (17.3 acres) of land for future expansion.
    Thanks for clarifying.

????? ????? - ????

迪園首盈餘 港府可分紅

【記者陳素貞報道】受惠於訪港旅客飆升,香港迪士尼樂園在剛過去的二○一一至一二財政年度的入場人次創新高 ,是該樂園扣除折舊等開支後首度錄得盈利,作為迪士尼大股東的特區政府將首度可以分紅。 「正盈餘」亦為迪士尼日後自資擴建打入強心針,據了解,美國華特迪士尼與港府已就部分擴建項目達成共識,香 港迪士尼明年初將公布第一期餘下七公頃土地的擴建詳情。

香港迪士尼的財政年度以每年十月至翌年九月計算,年內有超逾六百五十萬人次入場,對比上一年度的五百九十四 萬人次,有雙位數的增長。由於去年至今,樂園新增「反斗奇兵大本營」和「灰熊山谷」兩個新主題區,令到二○ 一一至一二財政年度樂園錄得的折舊帳目創新高,不過由於同期樂園盈利收入大增,據了解,即使扣除高折舊額後 ,盈利仍是正增長。至於港府會否首度取得分紅,還是留下款項供樂園擴建,則有待港府與樂園的董事局再作商討 。

香港迪士尼答覆本報查詢時表示,具體核數資料及入場人數等資料,會於明年一月正式公布。

優先考慮新增機動遊戲

據悉,香港迪士尼將優先考慮將盈利用於園區內新增機動遊戲設施,因為回報率較快,考慮到目前樂園內的遊樂設 施以家庭及適合女遊客玩樂為主,擴建新增的機動遊戲會照顧到男遊客而設計,如男士喜愛的駕車或刺激機動遊戲 等。另外園區外會考慮增建酒店。明年上半年,樂園另一新主題區「迷你莊園」將落成。據了解,「迷你莊園」共 設有十個房間,遊客會乘坐無軌卡車進入不同的房間探秘,每車可乘坐五人,前二後三,每組兩卡車同行,每小時 可載客千人。

In this article by Oriental Daily, the news is about the same, but there is mention that the new attraction will have a "driving" element.

Test Track? Cars Land? Journey to the center of the earth?

I doubt HKDL would get a Cars Land... Test Track maybe.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast