Star Tours 2 coming to Hong Kong Disneyland Tomorrowland! (Disney and More)

Re: Star Tours 2 coming to Hong Kong Disneyland Tomorrowland! (Disney and More)

Great news if it true!!! I think that will help their tommrowland alot. With star tour they will have 4 major rides in tommrowland which are buzz,star tour,space mountain and autopia that will help that land alot and i think it can be very popular. If they put 2 rides in Fanstyland i think that hong kong disneyland can be very successful!!

Disney Love from HOUSTON TEXAS!!
    GO TEXANS!!

• I see in Muppet Vision

I wonder if they will call it star tours 2, or just Stars Tours considering it is a brand new ride to Hong Kong Disneyland and there is no star tours 1 to replace.

(Nvm I just looked around and saw that Disney World is still marketed as just star tours and not star tours 2)

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Star Tours 2 isn't the official title of the ride but it's what we use to differentiate the attraction from the original version. If true, the ride will open as STAR TOURS: THE ADVENTURES CONTINUE much like it does in the other parks.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Hey, is this the same Star Wars ride hinted at the other thread?

If there's a franchise that HKDL and the gov't has to pay for that will be worth it, it's Star Wars. IJAs great, and I honestly prefer it over ST, but SW will definitely sell more. It's definitely the modern myth of our times, hence its universal appeal.

Should be fun if true and will be a much needed boost to the HKDL roster.

So if a Lucasfilm franchise will alreadt be already represented in HKDL, how about a flume/shoot the chutes ride? And this I think is the kind of franchise, like Marvel but more agreeable in theme to a MK style park, that will differentiate HKDL from OP.
    Last edited by SirEdge; 01-14-2012 at 07:39 PM.

• Watch Your Language

But according to local news, they mention "star wars themed attraction using light saber or Laser Swords" ....I guess it might not be Star Tours 2, very likely it is something else.

• Minion

ORDDU: I'm wondering, then, if what they really mean is the Jedi Academy thing for young boys which they have at Disney Hollywood Studio's. If so, that's not really an attraction as much as it is a temporary 'baby sitting service' for parents who allow their children to be distracted by a little training class in how to use a lazer sabre. If that's all they're going to offer, I smell another cost cutting device meant to trick guests into thinking they're getting something more than they really are. What a let down this will be if that's what they're planning.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: I'm wondering, then, if what they really mean is the Jedi Academy thing for young boys which they have at Disney Hollywood Studio's. If so, that's not really an attraction as much as it is a temporary 'baby sitting service' for parents who allow their children to be distracted by a little training class in how to use a lazer sabre. If that's all they're going to offer, I smell another cost cutting device meant to trick guests into thinking they're getting something more than they really are. What a let down this will be if that's what they're planning.
    That's what I'm afraid of. Four possibilities.

a. maybe there's some confusion in the original local news in HK itself
    b. maybe there will be lightsaber game, but it's more like Jedi Academy and will exist to complement Star Tours
    c. Maybe Allain Littaye at Disney and more misunderstood the Chinese press release.
    d. Alain, being the reliable writer that he is, knew something that we didn't and decided to share it with us.

I'm hoping for a b & d.