Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Manor opening at the same time?

Received words from a friend who works on the projects, HKDL is pushing to open the two lands at the same time later this summer and then focus on next phase expansion.

• Minion

Re: Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Manor opening at the same time?

ORDDU: That's a most interesting rumor but it doesn't seem possible that Mystic Manor would be ready to open any time in 2012. Grizzly Gulch, on the other hand, does look as though it could be ready to open in 2012. We'll certainly find out soon enough!

Wonderful rumor, and I wish it were true, but as Witchies said, it does not look good for Mystic Manor. Even if the ride system is in place already, which I am unsure of, I'm betting that if it's as complex as they say it is, then it's gonna take some time.

I think this is probably a conflation of the more likely rumor that the pathway in front of Mystic Manor is going to open at the same time as Grizzly Gulch, so that guests can walk between the new area and Toy Story Land. If the original rumor holds true, the scaffolding will be down and the exterior will be largely finished, but I highly doubt the inside will.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

I know that Mystic Point was supposedly meant to "open up" this Summer, but rather than the actual ride, just the pathway to cross between Toy Story and Grizzly Gulch. Otherwise, guests would have to walk a fair distance to get to each land. I wonder if that's what your friend meant. However, if the land does open fully for Summer ... excellent news!

• Future Imagineer

Maybe they're trying to pull a DL Haunted Mansion move by finishing the exterior first, letting guest wonder what's going on inside (for those who don't know about the expansion), and open the attraction awhile later.

From what I know Grizzly Gulch is already testing. Both rides need to go through their testing even when they are complete so I doubt that Mystic Manor can open soon. We have been getting quite a lot of rain recently in HK so construction on both rides are likely to be affected. But as BOTH are affected so no change there.

The only possibility would be for Grizzly Gulch's opening date to be postponed to match with Mystic Manor.

But obviously HKDL wants them open ASAP. There is no reason to delay. They can start cashing in and begin new projects.

Also the 5 year exclusivity clause for both lands begins when they open. So Disney will want them open ASAP. Although I am pretty sure WDI can work around it. (The same ride different theme trick.)

I just guess Grizzly Gulch will open on 8 August , as it is the land assemble the date of August 8, 1888.... And it is a lucky number for Chinese. But every time i took a glimpse of the land on the land train, it still a land far from finish. With this rumor, I really think the opening of Grizzly Gulch will be postphoned to late summer or early fall, which launch with this year Disney Halloween events. Yet, we may just see whether there is any news on the HKDSL official website since the VIP campaign end soon on 20th May, new promotion is coming.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Well, Good Gravy! Ev'ry dang time I read 'bout the openin' date a Grizzly Gulch the date gits pushed back more 'n more! What gives? First it was s'posed ta open in June 2012. Then somebody said July 2012. Now yer sayin' Aug. 2012. At this rate we're all gonna' be in a pine box six foot under befer the dang thing opens!

Quote Originally Posted by ree523 View Post
    I just guess Grizzly Gulch will open on 8 August , as it is the land assemble the date of August 8, 1888.... And it is a lucky number for Chinese. But every time i took a glimpse of the land on the land train, it still a land far from finish. With this rumor, I really think the opening of Grizzly Gulch will be postphoned to late summer or early fall, which launch with this year Disney Halloween events. Yet, we may just see whether there is any news on the HKDSL official website since the VIP campaign end soon on 20th May, new promotion is coming.
    That makes perfect sense! I think they'd be crazy not to use that date, unless of course using that means missing out on the lucrative summer season.

Zhongshan Web - Andrew Kam interview

In this recent Andrew Kam interview, he said Grizzly Gulch is going through testing and will open "in two months", while Mystic Point will open in March or April 2013.

Multiple Chinese newspapers report today that Grizzly Gulch will open in July. Here is one article (in Chinese):
    迪士尼極速礦車玩濕身

The papers also reported a minor accident at the upcoming Arctic Blast roller coaster at Ocean Park's Polar Adventure. This new "land", the final phase of Ocean Park's expansion, will open in July as well.
    海洋公園試過山車傷人 (also in Chinese)