Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Grizzy Gulch Discussion Thread

Grizzy Gulth will be opened soon in summer July 2012, its time for discussing this new land. And HKDL seems starts promotion soon, so lets post the details there!

See more official photos on page 3 #43!!!!!!!!!!!!

Name:  vMRb3weiFXYyEAw4WMrTPA.jpg
Views: 1380
Size:  85.1 KB
    This is the designed pictures on HKDL map .

Grizzy Gulth ineresting information:

Height:27 meters
    Length: 1 Kilo meters
    Size: 5,497 meter square
    Ride length: About 2 minutes 30 seconds

News on youtube:

Name:  0ss9lKCgu1u0YZd5e7r2Zw.jpg
Views: 1379
Size:  62.9 KBName:  B_GNbDiGyETdxSkO1wB80w.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  30.3 KBName:  gY8OwhIzbiRAQQZe4AcF_g.jpg
Views: 1393
Size:  99.6 KBName:  gydys9AR__9YBoFuE54RrQ.jpg
Views: 1390
Size:  51.2 KBName:  JD9KaeRMkH5sFF4_4z2aQA.jpg
Views: 1383
Size:  68.9 KBName:  LA5snWSADaadg8vJG0iq0w.jpg
Views: 1376
Size:  87.7 KBName:  YlZGOQ5vsTi2tHPFU4mwnw.jpg
Views: 1363
Size:  55.9 KB
    Last edited by keithlee83; 06-13-2012 at 06:15 AM.

• i heart plunging v-necks

re: Grizzy Gulch Discussion Thread

Thanks for the update. I really dislike the false bear head that tops the mountain peak. It's rather ugly and looks hokey.

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Surfin the net with Duffy

Great post!!!!

Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011
    We were sent over there with the message that only we would defend Disney quality.. We learnt quickly that the Japanese culture speaks to a level of quality that is hard to comprehend. They were all unbelievably skilled and willing to do the right thing.
    Craig Russell -Walt Disney Imagineering

• Minion

ORDDU: I agree that the false bear head seems inappropriate for some reason. The original plans I had seen didn't include a bear head sculpture for the top of the mountain. I think the bear head idea works better for DCA than for HKDL.

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Making the mountain look more like Big Thunder and less like DCA's Grizzly would be a huge improvement, but otherwise, this is an impressive little ride and mini land.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Minion

Re: Grizzy Gulch Discussion Thread

Of all the exciting global theme park projects opening in 2012, I am jazzed about Grizzly Gulch above all others. It represents the rarest of the rare in this age of park development: an original, non-franchised E-ticket/mini-land.

My opinion on the the coaster is that it looks outstanding. The rockwork seen so far is top notch, and I think it was wise to create an outcropping rather than a "mountain" in HKDL's setting. For me, the bear head is subtle and works well.

Can't wait for the opening and hoping it will be an instant hit with the audience (encouraging more original attractions).

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    Of all the exciting global theme park projects opening in 2012, I am jazzed about Grizzly Gulch above all others. It represents the rarest of the rare in this age of park development: an original, non-franchised E-ticket/mini-land.

My opinion on the the coaster is that it looks outstanding. The rockwork seen so far is top notch, and I think it was wise to create an outcropping rather than a "mountain" in HKDL's setting. For me, the bear head is subtle and works well.

Can't wait for the opening and hoping it will be an instant hit with the audience (encouraging more original attractions).
    I agree on most of that. But I really donīt think the land itself is a mini land. Itīs about as big as any land... it just needs more things to do. Oh wel...

My guess is that this ride will not be very popular after the novelty has left. HKDL still suffers from the reputation it was given when the park opened. It is still known for being a park mainly for small children and their parents and/or grandparants. The park has failed to attract teens. Teens tend to like coasters. That is why Space Mountain often stands all empty and Dumbo and Pooh always is packed.
    ...and please no "I am a teen and hate coasters" comments
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

The ride looks great, but I agree with looking at the peak, the "bear head" does look really hokey. I feel as though they were trying to go for an abstract sort of look, but it just didn't turn out well. I feel as though if they did something with less curvature, it would've been better, because as time goes on, rock formations will break apart, only getting curving parts if there is water erosion involved.

One idea of what could have been done is something (possibly a little more abstract) like this: http://www.hillhaus.com/photos/2004....nd.Boulder.jpg
    http://www.hillhaus.com/photos/2004....n.Climbers.jpg

The nose is pointed up, and although the face is sort of stretched out (and of course, has less resemblance to a bear), that would've looked much better.

Another idea would be a sort of silhouette, similar to what is being done in Carsland. Looking at the farthest right rock formation here: http://www.skyrush.com/boulder/bear_peak1.jpg you can see a howling wolf tilting its head back.

The ride does look like a lot of fun, and something the park needs.

• Hello Dolly.

Excited to see this thing open!

the thing i like about this land is the multilevel terrain. I love that they incorporated walkways over the track and made the attraction surround the whole area. It is a great way of using land wisely.

I love the look of the land. I can't wait to see the first pictures of the miniland after it opened. I would have also prefered a mountain like BTM, but I'm fine with the subtle bear.

more picture

Attached Images Attached Images  

It seems to be the Geyser Water Play Area is actually rather big. I think plenty of kids will be there jam packing the place. Will there actually be a queue system in place so not all of them will be there at the same time?

After all, Andrew Kam has said the most popular ride at Toy Story Land is slinky dog. I am expecting lots of kids at the water play area.

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    It seems to be the Geyser Water Play Area is actually rather big. I think plenty of kids will be there jam packing the place. Will there actually be a queue system in place so not all of them will be there at the same time?

After all, Andrew Kam has said the most popular ride at Toy Story Land is slinky dog. I am expecting lots of kids at the water play area.
    The solution to that is add more thrill rides so then it's a win-win situation for stuff for kids and teens to do with families and friends.
    "I would rather entertain and hope that people learned something, than educate people and hope they were entertained" - Walt Disney

im surprised there is no train stop in that area, haven't paid attention but will Mystic Manor have a train stop?

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast