Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Re: Vampires Vs Werewolves for this year Haunted Halloween

HKDL's biggest competitor is Ocean Park, who also does a scary Halloween event, so HKDL is doing the same to keep up with the competition.

The scary Halloween stuff wouldn't work here in the US parks, but I do wish they'd have at least ONE haunted maze geared toward the adults here as not everyone likes the cutesy Halloween stuff WDW & Disneyland puts on. I like it well enough, but at the same time I want the living **** scared out of me. LOL!

Re: Vampires Vs Werewolves for this year Haunted Halloween

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    The scary Halloween stuff wouldn't work here in the US parks, but I do wish they'd have at least ONE haunted maze geared toward the adults here as not everyone likes the cutesy Halloween stuff WDW & Disneyland puts on. I like it well enough, but at the same time I want the living **** scared out of me. LOL!
    You contradict yourself. First you state with conviction that "scary halloween stuff would not work in the US parks", then you "want the living **** scared out of" you. So what is it? Do you have data backing up your claim that scary halloween events would not work in the US? Seems to me the US Disney management teams don't have the "pumpkins" to dare do such a halloween event as that being done in Hong Kong Disneyland. The photos in this topic back up the fact that it can be scary without being disgusting or gory AND also fun since the characters are also involved in the event. Not to mention that they seems to spend money and imagination to make it different from one year to the next and even seems more elaborate than what Disney World and Disneyland are doing.. which is the same old boring "not scary" stuff year after year. If Disneyland or Disney World did a similar halloween event to that of Hong Kong Disneyland, I would take my kids to enjoy it knowing in me that it would be a restrained kind of semi-scary enviroment, without the unnecesary gore that Universal does in their events, which is the sole reason why the US Disney parks run the opposite way and offer the other alternative. But my opinion has always been..isn't halloween supposed to be scary? So what's the point of a not-so-scary celebration?
    Of course, If Disneyland and Disney World were putting on an elaborate and lavishly crafted event like Tokyo Disneyland puts on, then yes, I would not mind it being a diabetic comma of Disney fun. But as it is.. bottom line is: those halloween parties are over priced for what they actually offer. They may be fun for the little kids but lack variety and imagination.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12