Mystic Manor Holiday?

After Mystic Manor opend in 2013, im sure it will be exempt from holiday overlays for the remainder of that year and possible the next, however, does it seem likely that later on it could recieve a "Nightmare Before Christmas" overlay for the holloween season? It obviously wouldnt be the same as Haunted Mansion Holiday due to different show scenes, but the concept could still exist. What do you think?

• Not here to help

Re: Mystic Manor Holiday?

Mystic Manor is not a haunted house. I think they would have to change alot... but I am all for it.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Musical Fireman

I say we wait before we count the chickens. Mystic Manor is not even completed yet but I'm curious.

See ya walkin' right down the center of o'l Main Street USA

"THAT'S R
    IGHT CARNEGIE STEEL BUILT THIS PLACE"!!!!!

• Minion

ORDDU: I think it would be a terrible clash of themes. Nightmare Before Christmas focuses too much on the American version of Halloween which fits the American Haunted Mansion theme more readily, whereas Mystic Manor is from a different culture that seems lightyears away from any sort of American Halloween overlay. I just don't think it would work. Aside from that, an overlay of any kind would be much too soon for a major attraction like Mystic Manor which needs more time for the general public to digest it's novelty and newness.

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    Mystic Manor is not a haunted house. I think they would have to change alot... but I am all for it.
    Agreed!

Especially if one considers that the characters of the Nightmare Before Christmas aren't mostly ghost as well. And with Danny Elfman doing the music, I think there might be even less of a stretch to combine the two. It would make great sense since Jack enjoys a prominent role in the parade.

But then again, who knows that the final content of the ride will be.

guess it all depends. but i just think it would be interesting. it also appears that HKDL isnt shy when it comes to overlays. they have ghost galaxy and small world holiday right?

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    What do you think?
    I think that is a clash potential far beyond the normal HM and HMH. But it would also be a completely new experience. Its not just different scenes, its a 100% different experience.

• I'm a Lutheran

Jack Skellington and a few other Nightmare characters have been a part of HKDL's Halloween celebrations since the very beginning, whether it be a chunk of the Glow in the Park Parade, the giant Jack laying down on top of the turnstiles, the meet-n-greets with Jack and Sally, merchandise, former park decorations, or a small Jack animatronic trying to break out of a coffin-shaped birdcage. It wouldn't surprise me if some kind of holiday overlay would hit Mystic Manor eventually. The concept of MM is brilliant as is so I have no doubt that the holiday overlay would be just as a brilliant and well done. But before we make any judgement on whether a holiday overlay would suit it, let's wait until the real attraction opens, lol.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

Quote Originally Posted by MANEATINGWREATH View Post
    Jack Skellington and a few other Nightmare characters have been a part of HKDL's Halloween celebrations since the very beginning, whether it be a chunk of the Glow in the Park Parade, the giant Jack laying down on top of the turnstiles, the meet-n-greets with Jack and Sally, merchandise, former park decorations, or a small Jack animatronic trying to break out of a coffin-shaped birdcage. It wouldn't surprise me if some kind of holiday overlay would hit Mystic Manor eventually. The concept of MM is brilliant as is so I have no doubt that the holiday overlay would be just as a brilliant and well done. But before we make any judgement on whether a holiday overlay would suit it, let's wait until the real attraction opens, lol.
    Well untill it opens, it can be agreed that it would be a welcomed addition. I personally wonder what it would be like if HK when with the trackless tech for MM.