Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• i heart plunging v-necks

Re: My rating system for visiting all parks in one year - what do you think?

I haven't visited the Hong Kong site yet but that will change next year. Here are my ratings:

TDS
    DL
    TDL
    MK
    DCA
    DLP: I rated this so low because in my trips in '08 and '09 there was noticeable maintenance issues such as trash floating on the banks of ROA and abundant litter in the queues. I even witnessed a cast member staffing Temple of Peril while in Pirates uniform. Otherwise, it is a wonderfully designed park.
    DAK
    EPCOT
    DHS
    WDS

last time i buy crystal ball from pic n save!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Right here is my list of Disney Parks based in the order of Park Ambience, Cast Members, Food, Attractions, Area Infrastructure, and MAGIC Points.... I feel I'm quite qualified to give my thoughts having visited all of the 11 Parks in the last 5 years. And even then the only new additions that I have yet to check out are Toy Stoy Mania at DisneySea and the two expansion areas inside the Hong Kong Park. Although Toy Story Mania and Toy Story Land are found else where. So even then I have some idea how these would fit into there respected Parks. Its just Grizzly Gulch and how it impacts the Hong Kong Disneyland experience that I'm un sure about until next year. Also I'm from the United Kingdom and so will offer an unbias opinion. I have also been fortunate enough to visit the New Disney California Adventure over the Summer.

1) Disneyland
    2) Tokyo Disneyland
    3) Tokyo DisneySea
    4) Disney California Adventure
    5) Disney Animal Kingdom
    6) Epcot
    7) Magic Kingdom
    8) Disneyland Paris
    9) Hong Kong Disneyland
    10) Disney's Hollywood Studios
    11) Walt Disney Studios

I'm sure several will not understand my placing DisneySea in third. Its a beautiful Park but lacks a lot of the big attractions. Only Journey, Tower of Terror and Indy blow me away. While I can list and name several at both Disneyland and Tokyo Disneyland. Disneyland recieved top place simply because it provides the charm and magic. Outstanding Cast Members and food and some of the best shows including Soundsational, Fantasmic and Remember/Magical. For me Tokyo Disneyland is a near second. The new additions at California Adventure have really helped to transform this Park into something special. The Magic Kingdom and Disneyland Paris could have been placed higher but both have issues which need to be addressed. The only issue placing Hong Kong Disneyland so low is its lack of offerings. Although I think once I check out Mystic Point and Grizzly Gulch this could change.

I haven't visited the Asia parks, but here would be my rating system:

1. Disneyland
    2. Disneyland Paris
    3. Animal Kingdom
    4. Epcot
    5. California Adventure
    6. Magic Kingdom
    7. Hollywood Studios
    8. WDS

• former CM

I love this thread. For a Disney fan, it feels to me like seeing a photo of Earth from space.

Thank you to Mactheman,
    Malina,
    Malice, and
    Aotphks
    for adding your lists!

I still hope that Timmy, Timmy, Timmy
    Micechat founder Dustysage
    and others will add their lists with comments.

• Minion

Haven't been international but here's my ratings: Might be a bet biased because haven't been to WDW since 07'.

Best - Least
    DL
    DCA
    Magic Kingdom
    Animal Kingdom
    Epcot
    HWS

From pictures ive seen and videos my ratings would be:
    Best - Least
    DL
    TDS
    TDL
    DCA
    Magic Kingdom
    Animal Kingdom
    DLP
    DLH
    Epcot
    HWS
    Studios Park Paris

It's a music Celebration
    Come on, come on, come on
    Strike up the band,
    Feel the beat, what a great sensation
    Come on, come on, come on
    Move and clap your hands,
    Get into the Spirit
    Let everyone hear it,
    So come on, come on

I'm glad people find this thread interesting! A few thoughts before I post my actual rankings:

-In regards to Walt Disney Studios (Paris), I really liked Anamagique and was completely blown away by Cinemagique. I always did my ranking immediately after exiting a park and I think I was on a high from Cinemagique. On second thought, maybe I ranked the park too high - but, it is what it is.

-We were at DCA on a particularly bad day - even some cast members commented on this to us. A temporary entrance had been set up that required you to walk through a long corridor of green construction walls - it really ruined any sense of magic.

-Even after visiting several times, I'm still completely infatuated by the infrastructure around Magic Kingdom - the fact that you have to make a journey to get to the gate (monorail, boat, etc...) adds to the appeal for me.

-Also, please know that we did all this on a tight budget. Watching flight fares and being creative with schedules helps a lot. Also, my partner and I never eat in a restaurant - we share a lot of quick-service meals and go to grocery stores and eat in our hotel. (This may also be a factor in our dining scores - yours may be different.)

Name:  Ranking.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  234.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by ilovedonaldduck View Post
    I'm glad people find this thread interesting! A few thoughts before I post my actual rankings:

-In regards to Walt Disney Studios (Paris), I really liked Anamagique and was completely blown away by Cinemagique. I always did my ranking immediately after exiting a park and I think I was on a high from Cinemagique. On second thought, maybe I ranked the park too high - but, it is what it is.
    Your opinion is respected. No worries. I enjoyed Cinemagique as well. It was the best show we saw at the Studios Paris.

-Even after visiting several times, I'm still completely infatuated by the infrastructure around Magic Kingdom - the fact that you have to make a journey to get to the gate (monorail, boat, etc...) adds to the appeal for me.
    I think many people will agree with you. In my case, having to travel from the parking lot to the park and back at the end of the day is my least enjoyable time of the day at the Magic Kingdom. I dislike having to queue to board a monorail or a ferry boat. They are cattle trucks plain and simple. The return trip at night after a long and exhausting day in the park is simply not fun when you have to carry your sleeping children all the way to the car. I can see why people enjoy this as it may be viewed as a novelty. But I could do without the commute.

-Also, please know that we did all this on a tight budget. Watching flight fares and being creative with schedules helps a lot. Also, my partner and I never eat in a restaurant - we share a lot of quick-service meals and go to grocery stores and eat in our hotel. (This may also be a factor in our dining scores - yours may be different.)
    That is very smart traveling on your part. I simply can't understand some people who visit Disney World and find their experience there lacking if they don't stay at one of the resort's hotels or dine and wine in the parks at all times of the day. It doesn't seem to be a smart way to spend your money just to have an all-immersive Disney World experience.

Aotphks - I cannot agree with your last point more! I would much rather save on dining and accommodation so that I can afford another visit that much sooner.

• Banned User

When it comes to Resorts like Tokyo, Hong Kong and Anaheim staying on site is not essential. But Orlando is different and can work out better long-term to stay at Disney. In my cast a recent booking at Port Orleans Riverside has given me the Quick Service Dining Plan for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    When it comes to Resorts like Tokyo, Hong Kong and Anaheim staying on site is not essential. But Orlando is different and can work out better long-term to stay at Disney. In my cast a recent booking at Port Orleans Riverside has given me the Quick Service Dining Plan for free.
    If eating "free" is your main agenda, well, I guess that works for your needs. Personally, I much rather save the money on a nicer hotel outside Disney and have my meals outside of Disney.. and when you do the math, you have saved much more money, so IMO.. you end up spending more money at Disney World on the long term as you put it. I also think the only thing that separates Disney World from the Tokyo, Hong Kong and Anaheim is size. The latter resorts can be done on foot, while Disney World can not be done on foot. Reason why so many believe it's part of the "magic" to stay on Disney property in Orlando. Me? I don't find sharing public resort busses with a hundred other visitors all that magical.

But I understand many of the opinions posted on this. I just feel there are ways to save a lot of money and still have a successful Disney World. Call me suspicious, but that "free meal plan" really isn't that free when you sit down to compare hotel rates between Disney World properties and other more deserving hotel chains outside Disney.

My list isn't really very different from the apparent consensus here. Keep in mind, I've only visited DLP, WDS and HKDL once. The others I've been to at least twice.

1.Disneyland Anaheim
    2.Tokyo DisneySea
    3.Disneyland Paris
    4.Disney California Adventure
    5.Walt Disney World Magic Kingdom
    6.Tokyo Disneyland
    7.Epcot
    8.Disney Hollywood Studios
    9.Hong Kong Disneyland
    10.Walt Disney World Animal Kingdom
    11.Walt Disney Studios Paris

I suppose the most controversial of my rankings would be putting Animal Kingdom below Hong Kong Disneyland, but I really find myself almost completely indifferent to DAK. There's little to do, the park's one big signature E ticket is a shadow of its former glory, and, although the landscaping is excellent, the theming otherwise is bland to me. It seems like half a great zoo and one quarter a great park together, which doesn't add up to one whole great anything.
    Forget 'Great Moments With Mr. Lincoln,' Samantha Brown is Disney's most sophisticated animatronic.
    Tokyo Disneyland: 2009, 2012
    Disneyland Paris: 2010
    Hong Kong Disneyland: 2012
    Universal Orlando: 2007, 2010 (twice!)
    Efteling:2011
    Lotte World: 2012

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    If eating "free" is your main agenda, well, I guess that works for your needs. Personally, I much rather save the money on a nicer hotel outside Disney and have my meals outside of Disney.. and when you do the math, you have saved much more money, so IMO.. you end up spending more money at Disney World on the long term as you put it. I also think the only thing that separates Disney World from the Tokyo, Hong Kong and Anaheim is size. The latter resorts can be done on foot, while Disney World can not be done on foot. Reason why so many believe it's part of the "magic" to stay on Disney property in Orlando. Me? I don't find sharing public resort busses with a hundred other visitors all that magical.

But I understand many of the opinions posted on this. I just feel there are ways to save a lot of money and still have a successful Disney World. Call me suspicious, but that "free meal plan" really isn't that free when you sit down to compare hotel rates between Disney World properties and other more deserving hotel chains outside Disney.
    I should point out that we're not driving in Orlando. So our options are either Disney or International Drive. I'm a bit wary about taking the free transportation given by non Disney Hotels. Simply because the service is very limited and your restricted on what time you must return. I had friends who unfortunately missed out on Fantasmic because of this situation a few months back. Disney has the most to offer so it makes sense to me to make this our base for the time we are visiting. And just find alternative transportation to the other Parks. Adding in the free Dining Plan and $100.00 gift voucher just adds to the vaule.

• Mkcoastie

I'll never say that you can't find very nice places outside WDW for a lot cheaper. That being said, however, I can also go to my local theme park for a whole lot cheaper. I go to Disney because it offers a unique experiance you just can't get anywhere else. for me the same rings true for the resorts.
    Can I find a nice resort for a good price just outside the gates? yes. Will I feel like I'm staying in a tropical island paridise while I watch fireworks over cinderella's castle from my hammock on the beach. No, only disney will give me that. nothing Disney does is cheap.....and i don't expect anyone outside the super rich to be able to afford rack rates for most of the Disney resorts.....but you would be surprised how cheaply you can actually stay if you keep an eye out for discounts. please belive me. it is worth every penny.

• former CM

If eating "free" is your main agenda, well, I guess that works for your needs. Personally, I much rather save the money on a nicer hotel outside Disney . . . I don't find sharing public resort busses with a hundred other visitors all that magical.

But I understand many of the opinions posted on this . . .
    Aotphks, two things I don't love about WDW's transportation system are:
    1. I can't relive my childhood experience of parking in the gigantic parking lot, then taking the parking lot tram to the monorail and taking that to the park. (I used to love that along with the drive across WDW's massive, then unspoiled, property.)
    2. To get from a meal at the Animal Kingdom Lodge to Port Orleans, we'd have to transfer busses. We might splurge on a direct taxi once or twice when we go, if we stay at a WDW resort.

Ilovedonaldduck, I'm glad you're a fan of the Paris Studios park.
    I hope that Universal Orlando's success with The Wizarding World of Harry Potter
    and DCA's success with Buena Vista Street & Carsland
    teaches the Disneyland Paris Resort and WDW
    that big investments spent well on lands and extraordinary attractions can be richly rewarded.
    Hopefully in a decade, everyone will be fans of Disney's studios parks in France and Florida, but I'm not optimistic. Maybe if Universal or the Oriental Land Company purchased WDW & Disneyland Paris.

• Nic

Which parks had the best of a certain land?
    Fear of the unknown.

They are afraid of new ideas.

They are loaded with prejudices, not based upon any reality, but based onÖ if something is new, I reject it immediately because itís frightening to me. What they do instead is just stay with the familiar.
    You know, to me, the most beautiful things in all the universe, are the most mysterious.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast