The Grizzly Gulch Growler Special Commemorative Edition: Page 1

The Grizzly Gulch Growler
    Published every Saturday
    By Seymour Fairly
    "Reporting The 'Bear' Facts Since 1888"
    Special Commemorative Edition

(Main Street Gazette's footnote: Seymour Fairly might imply "See More Fairly".)

DOG GONE LUCKY!!
    Prospecting Pooch is a Golden Retriever, Indeed!

Citizens of Grizzly Gulch are no doubt well acquainted with "Lucky", the plucky little golden retriever, who wandered into town on the auspicious day of our founding celebration, August 8, 1888.

Well out little town mascot has lived up to his name! As you all know, Lucky loves to sniff around the digs over at the Big Grizzly Mountain Mining Company, and last week his canine curiosity led him straight to the biggest gold nugget ever recorded in these parts!

According to our sources around town, here is how the serendipitous event unfolded. It seems that Lucky the Dog started as usual. He wandered over to the Lucky Nugget Saloon for leftover scraps and a bowl of water, and then trotted down to the Grizzly Gulch Jail to give a howling howdy to Sheriff Justice and his deputies. Then as he does every day about that time, Lucky headed over to the Big Grizzly Mountain Mine to see what he could sniff out, "He loves to follow the prospectors around," said the mine foreman I.M. Shovelman.

(Main Street Gazette's footnote: I.M. Shovelman might imply "I Am Shovel Man".)

He's a good company for the boys, and he always warns them if an angry bear is afoot nearby." Lucky made his usual calls. He visited the Prospectors' Locker, where he is always sure to get a scratch between the ears, and then made a call on old Tom Cutwell at the sawmill. But it was when he accompanied the mine's geologist, Ignatius Stone into the mine that things really got interesting.

(Main Street Gazette's footnote: Tom Cutwell might imply "Tom Cut Well".)
    (Main Street Gazette's footnote:Ignatius Stone might imply "Fiery Stone" or "Sand Stone".)

"We were in the vicinity of Shaft No. 8," recalls Mr. Stone, "and I was taking rock samples, while Lucky was looking for a place to bury a bone." Then suddenly the prospecting pooch began digging like crazy and waging his tail. When Mr. Stone looked closer to see what all the commotion was about, he beheld the biggest, brightest rock he had ever seen. The "Lucky Nugget" weighs in a whopping 150 pounds, and it valued at nearly $20,000!!! But in the eyes of our civic leaders, the chunk of gleaming granite is priceless.

With the cooperation of the mine's owner, "Capt." Phineas T. Cosgrove, they intend to proudly display it in front of the Grizzly Gulch Assay Office. They believe it will be an inspiration to all the prospectors in the Gulch, as well as an attraction that will draw visitors to our fair town from all over the world.

Needless to say, Lucky Dog will be welcome at Grizzly Gulch for the rest of his life. And I think we are all in agreement that the day we adopted Lucky, was our luckiest day ever!

THIS WEEK IN GRIZZLY GULCH

DIG DOING

Billy "Boomer" McCoy, lead dynamiter at the Big Grizzly Mountain Mine has informed us this week of his intention to dynamite another shaft on the east face of the peak, and gold nuggets are sure to be the bountiful result. Townsfolk are advised to proceed with caution when strolling in the vicinity of the blasting.

THE SONGBIRD RETURNS

The Growler is pleased to announce that the "San Francisco Songbird" - Madame Rubinstein - will soon treat Grizzly Gulch to a return performance of her melodious repertoire!

Who can forget her concert last year, when she brought a tear to the eyes of all in attendance with her tender rendition of "My Sweet Bower on Flower Street"?

(Main Street Gazette's footnote: Madame Rubinstein is referring to Ali Rubinstein, Creative Director of Walt Disney Imagineering Hong Kong.)
    (Main Street Gazette's footnote: Flower Street is located in Main Street U.S.A.)

OLD TOWN LOW DOWN

As volunteer Mayor of Grizzly Gulch, and publisher of this respected news journal, I feel it is my duty to inform citizen that the Old Town section of Grizzly Gulch ("Geyser Gulch," as it will no doubt soon be called) has sunk another six centimeters! When city fathers built the original town, they had bo idea they had built on an active geyser bed,

"WILD CAT" ON THE PROWL AGAIN

The readers of this newspaper will no doubt recall the welcome news that Catherine "Wild Cat" Kelly - the beautiful but dangerous troublemaker - had been captured at last by Sheriff Justice and placed in the Grizzly Gulch Jail.

Well, lo and behold, she has escaped!

It's seems she smuggled a piece of dynamite into the cell with her, and blew out a hole in the wall!

THE MICHELANGELO OF THE MINE

We hear that old Tom Cutwell the fine gentleman who heads up the sawmill operation over at the Big Grizzly Mountain Mining Company, has a hidden talent - carving wooden bears from the leftover wood scraps. The charming souvenirs are proudly displayed at the "Bear Necessities" outfitters wagon, so stop by and have a look.

GOOD FOR WHAT AILS YOU

Our esteemed town physician, "Doc" Will Curem, has asked us to remind one and all that he has brewed up a fresh batch of his patented Miracle Elixir, and it will be available soon at local establishments and by mail order.

He is keen to point out that the powerful potion is good for heartburn, rheumatism and general good health.

ADVERTISEMENTS

GOLD DUST HOTEL

The only hotel in the town, And also the best!

Cleanest Sheets
    Available
    High Class
    Entertainment

Dance a jig with
    Joe's All - Star Band

PETERS
    APOTHECARY

Dealer in
    Elegant & Fancy Toilet Water
    And also
    Assayers' Supplies

Just up the road in Mule Butte

We carry "Doc" Curem's Miracle Elixir!

THE FRIENDLY FORCE

Horse Shoeing And Metal Work
    No job too small of too big!

RUSTY O'TOOLE

(Main Street Gazette's footnote: Rusty O'Toolemight imply "Rusty Old Tool".)

WANTED!

Prospectors for the
    Big Grizzly Mountain Mine

Myst not be afraid of hard work and bears.

Original blog link:
    Hong Kong Main Street Gazette: The Grizzly Gulch Growler Special Commemorative Edition: Page 1

Page 2 will be posted on the blog soon!
    Last edited by HKMSGEditor; 12-25-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Re: The Grizzly Gulch Growler Special Commemorative Edition: Page 1

What exactly is this Growler? a newsletter handed out to guests?

Quote Originally Posted by Aotphks View Post
    What exactly is this Growler? a newsletter handed out to guests?

Grizzly Gulch Growler is a weekly newspaper that publish in every Saturday in Grizzly Gulch. The Growler is located next to the Lucky Nugget Saloon. The owner of the newspaper is Seymour Fairly, who is also the mayor of Grizzly Gulch.

You could find this page (page 1) of Growler in 2 places. It is framed and hanged on the wall of Grizzly Gulch Assay Office, right behind Gold Nugget. It is also used as a wrapping paper (cone-shaped) for fried food at Lucky Nugget Saloon.

Last edited by HKMSGEditor; 01-16-2013 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Adding additional information

Basically, this Special Commemorative Edition is telling the back story of Lucky the golden retriever and Lucky Nugget.

Page 2 will be posted in the later time on the blog.

Page 2 tells the story of how the Lucky Nugget is transported form the Lucky Lode to Assay Office. It also explained why there is a broken mine car, named 801 - PC, is displayed at the entrance of Big Grizzly Mountain Mining Company. Citizens of the Grizzly Gulch are introduced with pictures on this page of Growler as well.
    Last edited by HKMSGEditor; 01-16-2013 at 04:24 PM.

• HYDRA

do they hand it out to guest like the BVSB at DCA
    Take a look at the theme park models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Quote Originally Posted by mratigan View Post
    do they hand it out to guest like the BVSB at DCA

Nope.......

Quote Originally Posted by HKMSGEditor View Post
    Basically, this Special Commemorative Edition is telling the back story of Lucky the golden retriever and Lucky Nugget.

Page 2 will be posted in the later time on the blog.

Page 2 tells the story of how the Lucky Nugget is transported form the Lucky Lode to Assay Office. It also explained why there is a broken mine car, named 801 - PC, is displayed at the entrance of Big Grizzly Mountain Mining Company. Citizens of the Grizzly Gulch are introduced with pictures on this page of Growler as well.
    Oh I see. Thanks for the explanation. Great tool for story telling. I can't wait to visit Hong Kong Disneyland and see this new area.