• Watch Your Language

Two local Parks have something planned for 2014

[Quote]

香港兩大主題公園2014年將推多個新項目
    2013年01月09日 12:09:25 作者: 來源: 【 字號 大 小 】 【 打印 】 【 關閉 】
    新華社香港1月9日電 香港兩大主題公園海洋公園和迪士尼樂園2014年起將推出多項新的遊樂項目:海洋公園的新鯊魚館、樹熊館將 在2014年與觀眾見面;迪士尼樂園正計劃擴建一個歡樂主題大型新園區,並構思開通連接啟德郵輪碼頭和 迪士尼碼頭的載客渡輪。
    據香港媒體報道,海洋公園將於2014年起陸續推出多項新景點,包括暫定在2014年第三季開幕、由前海洋 館改建成的新鯊魚館,以及在同年第四季啟用的樹熊館。另外,園方正積極計劃將目前暫停對外開放的大樹灣改建 成全新的水上樂園,又計劃重建新兒童王國,以及研究興建一個國際級溜冰場。
    香港迪士尼樂園亦不甘示弱,有消息指迪士尼正構思以渡輪接載在啟德郵輪碼頭下船的旅客到迪士尼碼頭,並正與 數間船公司研究可行性。另有消息稱,香港迪士尼樂園的母公司華特迪士尼已向特區政府提交10年擴建計劃,包 括在現有園區餘下約7公頃土地進行第二輪擴建。(完)
    [UnQuote]

source link: ????????????????????

HKOP and HKDL have new attractions being planned for 2014. new Shark Aquarium and Koala Exhibit to debut in 2014 at HKOP.

HKDL is planning to build a new land with a joyful theme. They have a new idea that they would like to link up the pier at HKDL with new cruise terminal at kaitak with a passenger boat or ship.

• Not here to help

Re: Two local Parks have something planned for 2014

A new land in HKDL...
    How many lands can the smallest Disneyland have? All lands need more rides and nothing else.
    Joyful theme... sounds like a carnival. HKDL is one big... small mess and it semes it will keep on being that for many years.
    Bad news to me.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

The "land" doesn't sound like a actual new land to the park. It sounds like Downtown Disney to me. Assuming the to sentences are talking about the same thing, it sounds like it's outside the park. That's what I got from the description at least.

The previous reports said a thrill ride targeting teenage boys with a driving element is planned, which led people to guess that something using "Test Track" technology is being developed. I am more inclined to believe in that. HKDL does not need toddlers rides anymore, it needs to take care of the teenage boys in the family for this supposedly "family theme park".

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    The previous reports said a thrill ride targeting teenage boys with a driving element is planned, which led people to guess that something using "Test Track" technology is being developed. I am more inclined to believe in that. HKDL does not need toddlers rides anymore, it needs to take care of the teenage boys in the family for this supposedly "family theme park".
    I just wish that ride could be in Adventureland... the most boring place in the world.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Munchings & Crunchings

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    That sounds like...Radiator Springs Racers from Cars Land...possibly. I have no idea if that would be true or not.

But, from this press release, it sounds like this new area is outside the park, and extends to the ferry terminal, which will finally start ferry service. Maybe it will be a Downtown Disney expansion, or possibly a themed outdoor recreation area that is different from the lake they already have?

Talking about the ferry service, I hope HKDL can get a Mark Twain Riverboat or similar to provide this service. Very few people here have ever seen an American style riverboat and it will be a great addition. It can also offer lunch cruises, dinner cruises with entertainment (a Princess and the Frog show?) etc to drive revenue.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    ...with a joyful theme.
    Well I'm sold.