Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• Not here to help

Re: [Marvel Land] might debut on or before 2017

Itīs going to be very hard to make an area that can host all the Marvel characters in a good way. Fantasyland is supposed to be a mix of stories that come alive. ...Marvle land will be like a place that brings all comic book characters to life... like a B-grade Fantasyland.

The only thing that the Marvel characters seme to have in common is fighting in big city environments. That alone would take up alot of land unless they make it a street and nothing else.
    A ride with Marvel theme would have to be housed in a big building to fit all the action scenes that are needed. Where would they put a land with 1-2 rides? The only good place for that is behind Fantasyland.
    If they made it like an extension of Fantasyland... like a comic book street, it could work. Otherwise itīs going to be made in a bad way.

My prediction:

A new small land with one big ride and many photo ops.

Just like HKDL does every time they add a new land.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

http://www.budget.gov.hk/2013/eng/budget06.html

Hong Kong Financial Secretary John Tsang confirms the building of Marvel Land and a new Night Parade at Hong Kong Disneyland as he announces the budget today.

37. Last year, I announced that the Government would look into the further development of Ocean Park and Hong Kong Disneyland. Ocean Park is the winner of the prestigious 2012 Applause Award, the first-ever Asian attraction to be recognised as the best theme park in the world. To further enhance its facilities, Ocean Park will build an all-weather Water World at Tai Shue Wan. The Government will offer a $2.3 billion loan to Ocean Park to spur early commencement of the project. We shall submit a funding proposal to the Finance Committee in the next few months. In the coming few years, Hong Kong Disneyland will launch a new night-time parade and put in place a themed area featuring "Marvel heroes", the first of its kind in the world. These new projects will be funded by the Disneyland's operating surplus. Meanwhile, the two theme parks are actively pursuing new hotel projects to provide better complementary services for tourists.

• "What is thy bidding?"

This is the worst news ever, worse than Toy Story Playland.... IOA pulled off the super hero thing..some great attractions. Spidey, Dr Doom, Hulk. Yes the area isn't full of detail but after visting it for the first time it wasnt that bad. It does feel flat after going through The Port of Entry which is full of detail.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Goofy View Post
    This is the worst news ever, worse than Toy Story Playland.... IOA pulled off the super hero thing..some great attractions. Spidey, Dr Doom, Hulk. Yes the area isn't full of detail but after visting it for the first time it wasnt that bad. It does feel flat after going through The Port of Entry which is full of detail.
    Nobody said Disney is going to clone IOA's Marvel Superhero Island. In fact, they most likely will get sued if they did.

• Surf's Up!

I'll look forward to seeing what they come up with. Where there's a WDI, there's a way.

Actually I'm quite excited at the "new night time parade", I know there's a high chance its the MSEP, but still it'll be neat to see it in Hong Kong.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

The Marvel Land is currently one of the projects I'm looking forward the most, just because to see what Disney is doing with that IP.

• Minion

ORDDU: Since HKDL guests don't relate to Disney entertainment in the same way Americans do, a Marvel Land MIGHT work for their park. But it would clash terribly if they tried this at Florida's Magic Kingdom or California's Disneyland.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    Ocean Park is the winner of the prestigious 2012 Applause Award, the first-ever Asian attraction to be recognised as the best theme park in the world. To further enhance its facilities, Ocean Park will build an all-weather Water World at Tai Shue Wan. The Government will offer a $2.3 billion loan to Ocean Park to spur early commencement of the project. We shall submit a funding proposal to the Finance Committee in the next few months.
    A bit of topic but I just have to say this:

I have been around the world and I have seen themeparks from right to left. Ocean Park could never offer anything more than a watered down and left to rust Six Flags on top of a mountain. The ONLY thing that is good about that terrible place I wouldnīt visit again if I got payed is the view from the top level of the park. Set those animals free and shut that terrible place down. ...or atleast admit that it is a mediocre themepark at best.

If Ocean Park builds a waterpark it will be a good thing. HK needs it. The beaches suck. I wish Disney would have built a themed waterpark (and a DisneySEA) to make something out of all that empty land it has next door to HKDL.

Back to Disneylandīs Marvel... land... ride... something.

I donīt care about Marvel... I hope they wonīt make it as terrible as Toy Story Land, that never semes to have any lines at all........
    I just want HKDL to have an Electrical parade so that it will start to feel like a Disneyland and not just a place that houses Disney rides.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 02-27-2013 at 02:11 PM.

Rise of new marvels at parks - The Standard

The Standard

Rise of new marvels at parks

Candy Chan

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Hong Kong Disneyland will be the first in the world to feature the superheroes from Marvel Comics.

The heroes - the most popular of which include Spider-Man, Iron Man, the X-Men and Hulk - will be housed in a new themed area opposite Toy Story Land, according to John Tsang.

It is expected to be completed by 2016 or 2017. It has yet to be decided, however, which characters will be included, a source said.

A new night parade will also be launched with the projects funded by Disneyland's operating surplus, Tsang said.

Disneyland said it has nothing to add to his remarks.

Ocean Park, meanwhile, will receive a HK$2.3 billion loan from the government to build a new, all-weather Water World.

The feature will enhance park facilities, which last year won the industry's prestigious Applause Award, the first Asian attraction to be recognized as the best theme park in the world.

Sources said the loan will "spur early commencement of the project," and will be repaid over 20 years with an interest of 5percent.

Construction will begin by the end of this year or early next, with the attraction expected to open in 2017.

Unlike the former Water World, which had only man-made outdoor facilities and was closed in 1999, the new, much larger version will feature rides and combine a pool with a natural beach.

Whether visitors will need a separate ticket to enter has not yet been decided.

The funding proposal will be submitted to the Finance Committee of the Legislative Council in the next few months.

A spokeswoman said the park is delighted to receive support from the government.

"The all-weather water park will be able to accommodate a maximum of 15,000 visitors a day," she said.

She added the project will create 2,900 jobs and generate HK$842 million in tourism growth by 2018.

Tourism sector lawmaker Yiu Si-wing said both theme parks are in need of new attractions to draw new customers.

But he is concerned as to whether the 27-hectare Disneyland, one of the smallest in the world, can stand the competition from Shanghai's Disneyland, which will open in 2015.

"What the park needs in the long term is a large money injection for large-scale development," Yiu added. "It has to be done between the government in Hong Kong and Walt Disney in the United States."

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    Nobody said Disney is going to clone IOA's Marvel Superhero Island. In fact, they most likely will get sued if they did.
    Surely they wouldn't "clone" anything ...It will be interesting to see the theme that they do come up with. (Avenger oriented?) Hope to see some concept art for this soon.

I think as Fukai said, it will be an Avengers ride. Guests will probably enter the ride as new recruits of SHIELD, given a mission by Nick Fury and then join the battle with the Avengers against Loki and his Chitauri army.

Obviously a gift shop and maybe a shawarma restaurant?

Name:  Shawarma_Avengers_800.jpg
Views: 497
Size:  55.3 KB

• MC Blogger

Blog Entries

Since so few of these heroes have masks, it should be interesting to see if Audio-Animatronics are used or if they are just represented by film.
    Mark

Disney parks and art, movies, music, more... Over 1, 000 Posts!
    www.InsightsandSounds.blogspot.com

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Since so few of these heroes have masks, it should be interesting to see if Audio-Animatronics are used or if they are just represented by film.
    Projections, projections projections...

HKDL's Lo Kam-Chung said since the design of the Marvel Heroes land is not yet complete, they don't know how much it will cost and if the park itself is able to pay for the entire expansion using its own profits. Govt funding might still be needed.

• Resident of the Caldera

They are moving away from AA figures on all new attractions. It's much cheaper to create and maintain projections.
    Born in a shoebox and making the most of it.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast