Quick Travel Question for HKDL

Hi folks,

How many days do you recommend visiting HKDL? We are trying to do it in 1 day as part of a tour of Hong Kong and Tokyo (Also going to Tokyo Disneyland and Sea).

We're also Disneyland vets, so if it helps we can bypass any rides or attractions that are (almost) exactly the same as the Disneyland US version.

Thanks!

Disneyland - 1982 to Present
    Walt Disney World - 1996, 2011
    Tokyo Disney Resort - 2013
    Hong Kong Disneyland - 2013

Re: Quick Travel Question for HKDL

One day will be enough, unless you are visiting in early May when it is Chinese national holiday and the park will be very crowded.

• Not here to help

One day at HKDL will be enough to do the park. Bypass Dumbo and Pooh. They tend to have long lines for some reason. ...and suck.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

I'd go with 2 days. I visited 5 years back and did not get everything I wanted to get done in one day only. And that was before Toy Story Land, Grizzly Gulch and the upcoming Mystic Point.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Malin View Post
    I'd go with 2 days. I visited 5 years back and did not get everything I wanted to get done in one day only. And that was before Toy Story Land, Grizzly Gulch and the upcoming Mystic Point.
    One can do all the main rides in 4 hours.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORWEN: Timmy, duckling, I'm surprised at you--saying Dumbo sucks! What have you got against baby elephants with big ears?

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    One day at HKDL will be enough to do the park. Bypass Dumbo and Pooh. They tend to have long lines for some reason. ...and suck.
    Pooh is identical to WDW's version, right down to the picture near the beginning of Mr. Toad handing over the deed, which makes no sense in the context of HKDL.

Unless the park is very crowded, I agree that one day is enough to see everything. For some reason, the mine train ride is a walk-on or 10-minute wait on the day I was there, whereas it would have been a 3+ hour wait had the same ride opened at any of the US parks.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

True but you have to factor in what special events and shows might be on and if the Original Poster would want to see any of this during his visit. Certainly a trip during Halloween for instance would increase time at the Park by a considerable amount if you interested in seeing the Glow in the Dark Parade, and Scare Mazes. But without knowing the Original Poster his interest or the time he's visiting I would recomend 1-2 days. If he's going for just the main attractions then yeah it could be done in a full day. But for me Hong Kong Disneyland is at least a 2 day experience. But I love seeing the attractions multiple times, dining in the Table Service Restaurants and checking out the shows and Parades. It's all down to preference and obviously the time of the year.

Looking at the attractions at Hong Kong vs Anaheim, I can still see a full day experience.

Flights of Fantasy Parade.
    Jungle Cruise.
    Small World.
    Mickey's Phillharmagic.
    Lion King Show.
    Golden Mickey's.
    Toy Story Land.
    Grizzly Mountain.
    Mystic Manor.
    Disney in the Stars.
    Last edited by Malin; 04-11-2013 at 01:37 PM.

I'm pretty pleased to report that that isn't the case anymore. Writing a (two week old) trip report right now.

• Minion

ORDDU: Can't wait to read your upcoming report SirEdge, duckling. From what has been reported on various other web-footed Disney sites, Hong Kong Disneyland has been enjoying growing attendance for some time, now, so it sounds like the little park that originally couldn't draw much of a crowd finally can pack in the guests.

Thumbs up The best bits of DLHK

Hi folks,

How many days do you recommend visiting HKDL? We are trying to do it in 1 day as part of a tour of Hong Kong and Tokyo (Also going to Tokyo Disneyland and Sea).

You can do DLHK in one day... if you get there very early. Whatever you do, don't miss out the 'repeat' attractions as they are all different park to park. We found when we got there early for the opening that we were part of a very select and small number of patrons. This was great until bang on 11am, when the park was suddenly filled with local people. Be warned they are the height with their umbrellas of your eyeballs! DLHK is probably the smallest of the parks. You must use the DL train and get plenty of pix.

The MTR is a wonderful train service and so clean, ride on and experience one of the best over/underground systems in the world.
    Pop along to Admiralty and watch a movie. You must pay a visit to Victoria and go up the Peak and say "Hello" to Jackie Chan.
    Then finally you absolutely have to go to Ocean Park. An old park that is giving DL a tough opponent. There is the animal side to the park and then the amusements. If you can, please visit Repulse Bay and the beach, Stanley Market and you must climb to the Buddha on Lantau Island, my hint is to take a taxi to the top.
    Finally, Hong Kong was where I was made and one day I shall get around to having that tattooed onto my body somewhere. The people are so friendly. We travelled there with our 8 year old son, a blonde blue-eyed lad, and everyone wanted to practise their English on him. Go with an open mind, hop on the Star Ferry but avoid the Jumbo restaurant. Run to Planet Hollywood, Hard Rock Cafe & Outback which are all on or near Nathan Rd on Kowloon. Go to the Jade Market and Stanley but don't forget to barter. They must sell to the first customer of the day as they believe bad luck will be theirs for the day, so barter low in the morning. All shops accept bartering, ALL!
    We stayed at North Point on the Island in a 4*, including our flights it came to a very small amount, basically what we pay for one person and their tickets for Orlando. Can't wait to return.
    Over 7stones, leave your shorts at home, the locals are so small and dinky that you will look positively fat.

Thanks!

If you skip all spinning rides that the same with other parks, e.g. Dumbo, Carousel, Orbitron, Tea Party, that would be enough for visit HKDL within one day.