Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Mystic Manor in the news video!

Since Lord Henry Mystic belongs to the same society as Harrison Hightower in the Tower of Terror at DisneySea, I hope we see some nods to him and the hotel (maybe in the queue decor) or maybe even a nod to Shiriki Utundu, who is IMO the best disney character made for the parks.

Hi witches , haha I come there everyday to see you all what's the speech. Just I hide myself as hidden Mickey ,lol

• Munchings & Crunchings

This looks very interesting. After seeing the videos and pictures, it's harder and harder to compare it to Haunted Mansion. This seems like a very loose connection to that, and more closely tied to Harrison Hightower and the TDS Tower of Terror, and the Adventurer's Club. It's definitely different, and I don't mind it. I did think it looked too bright and colorful, and not spooky enough, but I don't think it's that kind of attraction anymore. I did like the more realistic approach from early concept art, but I will admit that Albert the monkey is cute. In much the same way that Chandu the tiger from TDS is. More unique characters for all of the different parks, that's a great thing in my opinion.

• Minion

ORDDU: Well, we're glad to know you're still with us, Keithlee83, duckling. We don't always announce our presences either. Sometimes we just lurk. Anyway, we hope you have a wonderful time when you go to see Mystic Manor!!

• HKDL fan

My Web Site - RedBubble Site

~ Going to HKDL in 2015 [10th Anniversary] ~

Looking Forward To HKDL's Expansion

akaytrinity.com

• former CM

Thank you for posting this!
    I'm looking forward to seeing excellent videos of this attraction on Youtube
    via Micachat links.

Quote Originally Posted by gurgi View Post
    I did think it looked too bright and colorful, and not spooky enough, but I don't think it's that kind of attraction anymore.
    Thanks for articulating that! It captures the journey a lot of us have been through as we poured over the concept art from 3-4 years ago. I also prefer the original concept art, but looking at them again, I realize that the realistic Albert might have looked too much like a monkey given that I what drew me in was his long torso, whereas the new Albert draws attention to his eyes.

I think he looks much better than Chandu though, imo.

Quote Originally Posted by josh_kslow View Post
    Thanks as well, Josh!

• Not here to help

RIP concept monkey... there will never be anyone like you.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    RIP concept monkey... there will never be anyone like you.
    While I definitely do agree that the more realistic approach could have been awesome, I think the new direction for the monkey is actually a really smart one.

The old monkey had no distinguishing characteristics. This monkey really stands out and is a lot more marketable. I have had a change in opinion and I really like the new direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Rave View Post
    While I definitely do agree that the more realistic approach could have been awesome, I think the new direction for the monkey is actually a really smart one.

The old monkey had no distinguishing characteristics. This monkey really stands out and is a lot more marketable. I have had a change in opinion and I really like the new direction.
    Same as you. I wrote a letter few years ago to HKDL about against cartoony the Albert and Henry and they replied me for the concerning. But after I ask myself did I love the real monkey? Will I buy the merchandise of a real monkey? Did the real monkey look little scary for child or me? What's the difference between TDS TOT and MM styles?

Yes I changed my mind, if WDI can creat a lovely Albert and make me love him more , why I can't accept it?

Quote Originally Posted by keithlee83 View Post
    Same as you. I wrote a letter few years ago to HKDL about against cartoony the Albert and Henry and they replied me for the concerning. But after I ask myself did I love the real monkey? Will I buy the merchandise of a real monkey? Did the real monkey look little scary for child or me? What's the difference between TDS TOT and MM styles?

Yes I changed my mind, if WDI can creat a lovely Albert and make me love him more , why I can't accept it?
    This is exactly what I was thinking. The concept of Mystic Manor doesn't leave a lot of merchandise opportunities (except for the usual pins and t-shirts). So maybe, as a design choice and to increase merch revenue, they changed the design of Albert the monkey to make it look cuter. This opens up a lot of merch opportunities like stuffed toys. Also, it makes the ride less intense for kids making it a win-win situation.

Not to say that I wasn't a fan of the old design. I can just see the reason why they changed it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (TDL, DL)

So... would you all rather had Figment look less like a cartoony dragon back in 1983?

Quote Originally Posted by goldenstate5 View Post
    So... would you all rather had Figment look less like a cartoony dragon back in 1983?
    Great question!

I was actually thinking of Figment the other day, and I think that Figment sits in-between the original Albert and the more toony Albert.

I think if Figment had been like the original Albert he'd be a lot scalier, and possibly not the lovely purple pigment that he is.

Did they go overboard? Maybe, but looking at it now, I think Lord Mystic is considerably toonier than Albert.
    Last edited by SirEdge; 04-21-2013 at 02:46 AM.

Sorry for the double post, my net is acting up. Can any of the admins please delete this post of mine?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast