Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Spoiler Alert! Mystic Manor POV ! Magnificent Special Effects!

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQ9 View Post
    Yeah -- but remember the Fantasmic! Dragon. How long will it take before Garner Holt's AA's break down?
    All I can say is this is an unfair and irresponsible statement. There are those that know the facts and those that don't and can only speculate.

Looking at the pictures, it seems that the Adventurer's Club is the biggest disappointment. Not because it isn't the original from WDW, but because it looks like, in terms of layout, the Royal Banquet Hall in Fantasyland. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the case?

I'm more excited now at the prospects of plussing the attraction in the future, since they're using projections in some cases. A Haunted Mystic Manor perhaps in Halloween?

• Watch Your Language

I am also a bit disappointed at the Explorer's Club Restaurant! they went for a cheapie version instead of a grand classy restaurant! What a big let down. Some people suggest that it should be called backpackers' club restaurant! Wakakakakaka

perhaps most of the budget went into mystic manor, the attraction....

• Armchair Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    All I can say is this is an unfair and irresponsible statement. There are those that know the facts and those that don't and can only speculate.
    Roger -- I am not trying to be unfair and irresponsible. I have a lot more faith in the SARCOS animatronics than Garner Holt's, and my perception is based largely on the Fantasmic! Dragon debacle.

Where can I go on the Internet to learn the "facts"?

• Just another Disney fan..

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorQ9 View Post
    Roger -- I am not trying to be unfair and irresponsible. I have a lot more faith in the SARCOS animatronics than Garner Holt's, and my perception is based largely on the Fantasmic! Dragon debacle.

Where can I go on the Internet to learn the "facts"?
    In general I wouldn't go anywhere on the internet to learn the "facts" on these types of situations.

I've heard Garner Holt in person explain the situtation with the dragon the best he could in a public forum. It wasn't someone quoting or paraphrasing him.

There are many examples of things Garner Holt has built that have been very successful. More than maybe you are aware of. The dragon was just one case where things did not go smoothly in the begining due to whatever reason. It shouldn't be used to condem the man and all of his work.

Take a look at the company's website and judge for yourself how many of the projects you see represented there can be perceived as a blemish to the company and how many represent a feather in the company's hat.

Garen Holt Productions Inc.
    Last edited by Roger55; 04-25-2013 at 09:43 AM.

• Armchair Imagineer

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    In general I wouldn't go anywhere on the internet to learn the "facts" on these types of situations.

I've heard Garner Holt in person explain the situtation with the dragon the best he could in a public forum. It wasn't someone quoting or paraphrasing him.

There are many examples of things Garner Holt has built that have been very successful. More than maybe you are aware of. The dragon was just one case where things did not go smoothly in the begining due to whatever reason. It shouldn't be used to condem the man and all of his work.

Take a look at the company's website and judge for yourself how many of the projects you see represented there can be perceived as a blemish to the company and how many represent a feather in the company's hat.

Garen Holt Productions Inc.
    So what did he say?

• I'm a Lutheran

I'm really digging on this addition. I've never seen such top notch animatronics in a Disney park (well, with the exception of Journey to the Center of the Earth, Sindbad's Storybook Journey (or is it Voyage?), Ursula in the Mermaid rides, and some others. Nonetheless this is fantastic. And I really love all the references and tributes to other attractions not featured in Hong Kong Disneyland. Medusa's there, it seems as if right after Medusa the busts that follow guests' movement are there, and the singing tiki totem poles from the Tiki Room are there. Fantastic.
    Theatrical Roles: Various Roles (The Laramie Project), Fred (Oklahoma!), Oberon (Shakespeare in Hollywood), Hero (A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum), Valere (The Miser), Moonface Martin (Anything Goes), Thenardier/Laborer/Army Officer/Ensemble (Les Miserables), Franz (The Sound of Music), Tobias Ragg (Sweeney Todd), Tinman (The Wiz), Elles Dad/Winthrop/Ensemble (Legally Blonde), William Barfee/Leaf's Dad/Jesus Christ (25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee), Fiddler on the Roof (Rabbi), The Adventures of Tom Sawyer (Muff Potter/Ensemble), Shrek the Musical (Lord Farquaad)

In the press releases for Mystic point, it says that the archives shop (I think that's what it's called) sells disney parks merchandise from the other disney resorts. Can anyone confirm if this is true and if it is, what are they selling?
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (TDL, DL)

• Minion

ORWEN: I was just wondering if all of us, here on Mice Chat, might be able to plan a group trip over to Hong Kong Disneyland to see this new attraction together? I could help out with the flight plans 'cause I can conjur up as many broom sticks as we need. Would the rest of you be able to supply the cauldrons and Krispy Kreme donuts???

• Watch Your Language

In the press releases for Mystic point, it says that the archives shop (I think that's what it's called) sells disney parks merchandise from the other disney resorts. Can anyone confirm if this is true and if it is, what are they selling?

Yes , I think so.

here is a pic.
    Name:  image.jpg
Views: 374
Size:  95.9 KB

Another pic of MM themed merchandise
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Yes , I think so.

here is a pic.

Another pic of MM themed merchandise
    Oh those things are just a cruel tease! As happy as I am to have MM in HKDL, I still want ToT and HM.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: I was just wondering if all of us, here on Mice Chat, might be able to plan a group trip over to Hong Kong Disneyland to see this new attraction together? I could help out with the flight plans 'cause I can conjur up as many broom sticks as we need. Would the rest of you be able to supply the cauldrons and Krispy Kreme donuts???
    I asked Dusty and he said maybe next year?

• The Pumpkin King

This is outstanding

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Yes , I think so.

here is a pic.
    This assortment is awesome!!! It's just a shame that there isn't any Shiriki Utundu merch. Hopefully this picture isn't the final assortment.
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (TDL, DL)

• Watch Your Language

Repost Pic of MM Merchandise
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast