Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Spoiler Alert! Mystic Manor POV ! Magnificent Special Effects!

ORDDU: In a way it's as if Hong Kong Disneyland just opened for the first time. With the recent expansions, this park just might have acheived the status of an 'all day' park. They really need a night time parade to flesh things out even more and they did announce that one is coming. Let's hope it, too, is a night parade unique to HKDL.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

This attraction looks quite spectaculat! Initially, the announcement of this attraction was a bit of a let down, knowing that Hong Kong did not have their own Haunted Mansion/Phantom Manor. But after watching a couple of the videos, I'm now jealous that Hong Kong has this new type of attraction, and WDW and DL-Anaheim are missing this!

Mystic Manor looks like it has a lot of nods to several other attractions and movies(from Bedknobs and Broomstick to Aladdin, with a cute little monkey stiring up the curse, to nods to Haunted Mansion and Indiana Jones Eye of Mara,) but at the same time creating its own unique attraction, with several effects that have not arrived at either of the stateside parks. This attraction even reminds me a bit of our dearly departed Adventurers Club at WDW!

Now, how the heck to I get one of those cute little plush Alberts?!?!?!?!?!

And there are at least a couple other items that look like must haves, ( can't quite tell what all the items are in that photo) Checked Ebay, and I don't see anything for Mystic Manor, yet...

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring this to Anaheim! - Complete! And maybe with some additional items!
    Last edited by Aladdin; 04-26-2013 at 08:46 PM.

If you are not tired of Mystic Manor POV, here is a version with guest seating in the back row. It gives a clear view of the every room as a whole. Every room seems dimly lit and very beautiful without the problem that some felt that the room is too bright. Thanks to the person who upload the video.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: In a way it's as if Hong Kong Disneyland just opened for the first time. With the recent expansions, this park just might have acheived the status of an 'all day' park. They really need a night time parade to flesh things out even more and they did announce that one is coming. Let's hope it, too, is a night parade unique to HKDL.
    HKDL can still do with many more rides, especially in all the existing lands. But right now I believe it still has no scope to remove rides (restaurants maybe, like Festival of Foods). It need to add more and more and more.

I rode it 5 times last day , it was amazing monster ride. The rooms are much bigger than video , the music was amazing , the first and final rooms just make you Woooooo! All magic dust fly over your head, unbelievable beautiful effects. And Albert, I love him so much after the ride, just very cute ! Will upload the photos on monday。

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    Yep, "Ping Pong Dizzy Land" needs to flesh out a parade and another land on the other side of the track behind Fantasyland. I wish the Pirate theme was an option for that area. Peter Pan and POTC.

• Watch Your Language

I rode it 3 times on Saturday. love the pixie dust (magic star dust) effect and effects in the Chinese Monkey King Room (the break off wall effect and blowing Panda effect)...

one advice or suggestion to anyone going for the ride, get car no.1 if you can. By riding on the first car (car no. 1) you get the best view and 1st to enter and see everything in the final room. Car no. 3 is also a 2nd best choice. But if you take car no. 2, you enter the final room mid way and you might not be able to see everything.

My preference is car no 1 (best), car no 3 (2nd best), car no 4, car no 2
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 04-27-2013 at 11:36 AM.

• Minion

ORWEN: But what about Car 54? Where is it?.....Car 54 where are you???

• Triggering Biggering

Aaaahh it would be great to see this in person! It's always so nice to see AA in a dark ride~

Although I really think the projection screens take a bit away from it, as it's hard to make the transition from 3 dimensional characters to a screen, it's not...ttooooo bad.... I thought the last ending room was really cool with the statue centerpiece, but the walls seemed a little out of place, and looked pretty flat, rather than adding dimension, but maybe that's just because it's hard to tell on a video rather than in person.

Still, I'm impressed!
    I'm walkin' right down the middle of Main Street U.S.A.

• Minion

ORWEN: Okay, now, I just tried my best to sing along with you, duckling, but for the life of me I couldn't name that tune of yours!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    I rode it 3 times on Saturday. love the pixie dust (magic star dust) effect and effects in the Chinese Monkey King Room (the break off wall effect and blowing Panda effect)...

one advice or suggestion to anyone going for the ride, get car no.1 if you can. By riding on the first car (car no. 1) you get the best view and 1st to enter and see everything in the final room. Car no. 3 is also a 2nd best choice. But if you take car no. 2, you enter the final room mid way and you might not be able to see everything.

My preference is car no 1 (best), car no 3 (2nd best), car no 4, car no 2
    Thanks for the great tips. Do you know how to chose the which car you want to ride? Or you just have to ask the cast member to do so.

Here is the video of the overview of Mystic Point land and the entire queue of MM. It is beautiful and has the special flavor of sub-tropical colonial feel that cannot be found everywhere else. Bravo to WDI for such a masterpiece.

Thank you so much! Great video! I love the Indian dance one, she dances so well!

• Minion

Another video which actually manages to get the opening of the English Knights Song

Full lyrics according to a Tumblr post are:

Magicís in the air today
    Stand beside me donít look away
    Try to find some words to say
    If you think youíre fine here, somebodyís got to pay
    Oooh-oh-oooh Oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oooh
    Oh, running away from an ancient curse
    And hiding will only make it worse
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

Awesome find! Surely there's a few more lines in the song, though? I might be wrong, but the tune sounds as though it carries on before it repeats.
    Last edited by Josh T; 05-14-2013 at 06:19 AM.
    Disneyland Paris
    • New Year 1997-98, 1998-99, 2001-02, 2002-03, 2003-04, 2004-05, 2005-06, 2006-07
    • January 2000, 2012
    • April 2012
    • August 2009, 2011

Walt Disney World
    • August 2008

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast