Talking Spoiler! Mystic Manor attraction!

Hi everyone, probably you've seen new spoiled video of Mystic Manor dark ride. Here I show you some photos of the ride with comments to them.
    Passed through the queue, visitors enter loading area.
    Attachment 29508
    After visitors boarded the vehicles, they get into magical atmosphere of Mystic Manor. The first place of visiting is Cataloguing Room. There are many artifacts that Lord Henry has brought from all over the world. Lord Henry appears from behind the door and mentions his new music box that presenting in front of guests.
    Attachment 29510
    Albert, Lord's adorable monkey, suddenly appears and unlocks the box. The magic dust escapes from the box and brings life to all artifacts in the manor. Armor, bust and Chinese dragon come alive.
    Name:  в (640x360).jpg
Views: 913
Size:  76.9 KB
    The next scene is Music Room. It is big room with many instruments around. The magic dust gives life to music instrumets. The music will follow guests and play the background for the jorney.
    Name:  music (640x508).jpg
Views: 909
Size:  109.3 KB
    The next stop is Mediterranean Antiquities. It is a long hallway with Roman and Greek paintings and ceramics. Here is a painting that shows us volcano eruption on Greek island.
    Name:  volcano (640x361).jpg
Views: 905
Size:  105.2 KB
    Here is a photo of amphora with Hercules battling a lion.
    Name:  her (640x524).jpg
Size:  69.4 KB
    And the last exibit in this scene is mural pictured young girl that becomes a Medusa.
    Name:  clio (640x361).jpg
Views: 912
Size:  124.1 KBName:  medusa (640x361).jpg
Views: 909
Size:  124.0 KB
    The next scene is Solarium Room. There are we can find Albert surrounded by Venus flytrap plants.
    Name:  solarium (640x361).jpg
Views: 908
Size:  111.0 KB
    Soon afterward, vehicle enters Slavic-Nordic Chamber. Nordic God on the painting comes to life and blows freeze wind. Room becomes freeze, guests can feel cooling effect.
    Name:  frozen (640x361).jpg
Views: 904
Size:  94.1 KB
    Mirror in front of the guests also becomes freeze.
    Name:  mirror (640x361).jpg
Views: 908
Size:  125.8 KB
    The next scene Arms & Armour becomes a noisy place. It is full of weapons and armors which also become to life. Samurai Armor tries to kill Albert who hides in the gun.
    Name:  ар (640x360).jpg
Size:  99.4 KB
    Here is a photo of singing Medieval armors.
    Name:  sr (640x361).jpg
Views: 896
Size:  96.6 KB
    The next scene is Egyptian Antiquities. Mummy comes alive there.
    Name:  ег (640x360).jpg
Views: 900
Size:  53.6 KB
    Vehicle enters Tribal Arts scene. The lava starts to come out from the mouth of Tiki statue.
    Name:  tuki (640x361).jpg
Views: 907
Size:  61.0 KB
    On the other hand, other Tribal gods blow darts in to the guests.
    Name:  tuke (640x361).jpg
Views: 896
Size:  50.5 KB
    Albert is pinned on the wall.
    Name:  monkey (640x455).jpg
Views: 902
Size:  75.2 KB
    The next scene is Chinese Salon room. It is the most exciting part of the ride. Chinese statue comes to life and makes a magical hurricane around the room.
    Name:  chinese (640x361).jpg
Size:  106.0 KBName:  china (640x360).jpg
Size:  97.9 KB
    Exhibits, guests and Albert start to spin around the room.
    Name:  hurican (640x361).jpg
Views: 903
Size:  70.6 KB
    Then, guests back to the Acquisitions and Cataloguing Room. Fortunately, things are back in order and artifacts sleep again. At the end Lord Henry says goodbye to guests and hopes guests are satisfy with the tour. Obviously, he has no ideas on what have just really happened.
    Name:  final (640x361).jpg
Views: 898
Size:  96.9 KB
    That's all. I like this attraction and think that Mystic Manor is a good addition to Hong Kong Disneyland and that it is the best ride there. What do you think about it? Sorry for my bad English :P Thank you for attention

Re: Spoiler! Mystic Manor attraction!

Thanks for sharing the pics! It's nice to be able to look at them more carefully as pictures.

Thanks for the pictures. MM turned out nicely, especially the building.

• Surf's Up!

Thanks for the photos. I love that statue in the Salon/finale... quite iconic for the attraction.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Great pics!
    For the love of Disney....

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Nice. Animatronics, nice sets. Nice looking ride. I've been trying to avoid videos spoilers, but pictures are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Hathaway Browne View Post
    Thanks for the photos. I love that statue in the Salon/finale... quite iconic for the attraction.
    That is called monkey king(I forgot how the ride actually call him), which is a fictional character in Chinese story. In the story, he can use magic. That's why he can use magic after he came to live. I love this statue too, he looks so powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by whaleatcoast View Post
    That is called monkey king(I forgot how the ride actually call him), which is a fictional character in Chinese story. In the story, he can use magic. That's why he can use magic after he came to live. I love this statue too, he looks so powerful.
    Actually, monkey king is a god so he is very powerful. That's Right.

His orginal name is (he named himself becasue he is cocky) Great Sage the Equal of Heaven (齊天大聖) and was later named Wukong by the monk 玄奘. He is the protagonist of the epic chinese novel Journey to the West which is well known by Asians. Wukong irrated the God of all gods Jared Emperor and being imprisoned by the Buddha, and was later punished to send to human's world to help protect the monk 玄奘 on a journey to retrieve Buddhist bible all the way from China to India. 玄奘 was the real person in Chinese history. By his effort of translating the Buddhist classics to Chinese he changed the world of religon in China. His story and the Jouney to the West is very important to the history, literature and culture of eastern world. Wukong's image is as vivid and fimiliar to eaterm culture as Huckberry Fin to Americans.

The most famous trick or magic of Wukong is to duplicate himself to many mini copies through taking his hairs and blow air to them. Another tricks include using his golden wand to make all sorts of transformation. The character's personality is also one of the most memorable in Chinese History. Wukong is truely the legendary character. Hope those information helps.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Ringu View Post

His orginal name is (he named himself becasue he is cocky) Great Sage the Equal of Heaven (齊天大聖) and was later named Wukong by the monk 玄奘. He is the protagonist of the epic chinese novel Journey to the West which is well known by Asians. Wukong irrated the God of all gods Jared Emperor and being imprisoned by the Buddha, and was later punished to send to human's world to help protect the monk 玄奘 on a journey to retrieve Buddhist bible all the way from China to India. 玄奘 was the real person in Chinese history. By his effort of translating the Buddhist classics to Chinese he changed the world of religon in China. His story and the Jouney to the West is very important to the history, literature and culture of eastern world. Wukong's image is as vivid and fimiliar to eaterm culture as Huckberry Fin to Americans.

The most famous trick or magic of Wukong is to duplicate himself to many mini copies through taking his hairs and blow air to them. Another tricks include using his golden wand to make all sorts of transformation. The character's personality is also one of the most memorable in Chinese History. Wukong is truely the legendary character. Hope those information helps.
    Sun Wukong and the Journey of the West was also the main inspiration of Dragonball. The Monkey King became Goku, with Oolong and Puar also having counterparts in the original story.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• Watch Your Language

Did u guys notice One of the most memorable special effects, that is, in the grand finale at the Chinese salon, the panda is jumping out from one poster or wall (posters or murals on the walls) to another ?

u really have to ride it in person to have a true experience of these special effects...

You don't believe what i have said? Rewind the video and see it again! (The video with Pre-show)

This happens so fast, the person who shoots the video might not react as fast. (Some video clips do not show this panda jumping scene)

Thats why the trackless ride system is better, more flexible, and a different angle of view on different vehicle.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 04-23-2013 at 07:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland View Post
    Did u guys notice One of the most memorable special effects, that is, in the grand finale at the Chinese salon, the panda is jumping out from one poster or wall (posters or murals on the walls) to another ?

u really have to ride it in person to have a true experience of these special effects...

You don't believe what i have said? Rewind the video and see it again! (The video with Pre-show)

This happens so fast, the person who shoots the video might not react as fast. (Some video clips do not show this panda jumping scene)

Thats why the trackless ride system is better, more flexible, and a different angle of view on different vehicle.
    Yes I noticed. 1 or 2 guests who were invited to the preview mentioned about this effect in the interview. But isn't the entire wall is a screen that it is simply an animation mural so they could put any animaiton on the wall? I haven't ridden yet but it does seem hard to fully experience by video.

Quote Originally Posted by Ringu View Post

Of course I know about this story as I'm from Hong Kong, every Chinese knows about this. What I mean is I forgot how the ride called him, but probably not Sun Wukong. Although we all know the statue was inspired by the story 'the Journey to the West'.
    I have taken some pictures at the queue area, but they are too blur to see the description of the portrait...