HKDL Master Planning - Ideal Buildout

In honor of the opening of Mystic Point, I created a piece of concept art that shows an "Adventureland Connector" land in place of Toy Story Land. In a previously-shared IdealBuildout concept plan of HKDL, I continued with the idea of distinct mini-lands surrounding the 'core' lands, including the existing TSL, a Pirateland and an Oz-land. I like this ring-of-distinct-mini-lands development plan because it is unique to all the MK-style parks.

The drawings in this post, however, explore a more traditional development route for HKDL: creating five large, core lands and one 'specialty' land (e.g. LSQ or NOSQ):

For the birdseye artwork of 'Adventureland - El Dorado' (below, middle) I attempted an homage WDI artist Ray Cadd, who produced the flanking pieces:

It's a Meso-American area with the central temple marking the entrance to the Indiana Jones E-ticket, a junior coaster on the left and restaurant/retail complex on the right. The layout can be seen on the park plan below.

One thing this version does is address the sightline issues presented by Toy Story Land (Parachutes from northern Mystic Point, RC Racers through foliage on Jungle Cruise) by creating a heavily planted land in its place that continues the pulp adventure theme. The numerous pre-Columbian artifacts scattered around Mystic Point make for nice continuity with this area, as well.
    Last edited by RandySavage; 05-06-2013 at 09:42 PM.

Re: HKDL Master Planning - Ideal Buildout

Fantastic and fascinating as usual!

I feel that, and it's just short of an official announcement, that Adventureland is really largest land with these two lands, and that TSP, while not as terrible imo as many say, still sticks out like a sore thumb.

What I love about this is that this almost feels feasible.

• Minion

ORWEN: I love the idea of an Oz-land area. But are the Oz stories known well enough over in Hong Kong to make it appealing to them? Then, again, even if Oz isn't that well known over there, yet, an Oz-land attraction would sort of force them to get acquainted with it. I hope Disneyland goes ahead with an Oz-land area first, though.

• Not here to help

Amazing map! It could be built if only they could invest a bit more in the park.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• "What is thy bidding?"

If only........

• "What is thy bidding?"

Quote Originally Posted by RandySavage View Post
    In honor of the opening of Mystic Point, I created a piece of concept art that shows an "Adventureland Connector" land in place of Toy Story Land. In a previously-shared IdealBuildout concept plan of HKDL, I continued with the idea of distinct mini-lands surrounding the 'core' lands, including the existing TSL, a Pirateland and an Oz-land. I like this ring-of-distinct-mini-lands development plan because it is unique to all the MK-style parks.

The drawings in this post, however, explore a more traditional development route for HKDL: creating five large, core lands and one 'specialty' land (e.g. LSQ or NOSQ):

For the birdseye artwork of 'Adventureland - El Dorado' (below, middle) I attempted an homage WDI artist Ray Cadd, who produced the flanking pieces:

It's a Meso-American area with the central temple marking the entrance to the Indiana Jones E-ticket, a junior coaster on the left and restaurant/retail complex on the right. The layout can be seen on the park plan below.

One thing this version does is address the sightline issues presented by Toy Story Land (Parachutes from northern Mystic Point, RC Racers through foliage on Jungle Cruise) by creating a heavily planted land in its place that continues the pulp adventure theme. The numerous pre-Columbian artifacts scattered around Mystic Point make for nice continuity with this area, as well.
    The Meso-American area looks fantastic....How about a matterhorn where that green patch of grass is, right below the train tracks..

^^ Thank you all for the kind feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Goofy View Post
    The Meso-American area looks fantastic....How about a matterhorn where that green patch of grass is, right below the train tracks..
    That's an interesting idea. Matterhorn's footprint is a good bit bigger than that area (the train would have to tunnel through it). I think some landscape-dedicated areas, such as that green patch, behoove the area, and hill is currently home to a very cool tree: IMG_3789 | Flickr - Photo Sharing! Fantasy Tree | Flickr - Photo Sharing!.
    '
    Additionally, the 'Dark Kingdom' subland of Fantasyland in the above plan is built around a tall 'mountain fortress' E-ticket coaster, which would serve as focal point/backdrop to the land.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Another A+ plus

• "What is thy bidding?"

True, the scale of that area does look deceptive. The train tunnel would be a great effect for a possible winter dolerama as opossed to the Grand Canyon at DL. Would give riders something else to look at, and maximize the limited space of HKDL.

• Disneyland fan!

This is fantastic!
    Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

•   
    • Minion

Awesome job I love looking through your designs RS!