Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Former Epcot CM

Shanghai Disneyland

Memo
    To: Robert Iger, Board of the Walt Disney Company
    From: Speedway, Lead Designer for WDI on Shanghai Disneyland Resort
    Subject: Complete Proposal
    Date: 07/17/10

Hereon follows the completed design for Shanghai Disneyland Resort.

Shanghai Disneyland Park
    Main Street USA
    To the left of Town Square lies the entrance to the Town Square Hotel, the lead hotel resort of the SDLR. To a park guest, the entrance is little more than what would be the facade for City Hall in other Magic Kingdom parks, but to a hotel guest (guests of the hotel without park tickets recieve special passes allowing them through the park gates) beyond the lobby (which is decorated in a similar style to City Hall, which lies to the right of Town Square) is the one of the most luxurious Disney hotels ever designed.

One is reminded of the extravagance of the Titanic in design, with wood carvings, elegant chandeliers and a large conservatory indoor swimming pool. Featuring one of the classiest resturants in Shanghai (maybe even China), the hotel will attract the elite of Shanghai, who will hopefully also spend some yen in the park's shops (hotel guests without park tickets can shop and roam in the park but are barred from all attractions).

Back in Town Square, in the middle stands a bandstand featuring live music from the Disneyland Orchestra and occasionally the Dapper Dans, throughout the day. A subtle candyfloss stand sits near by, surrounded by seasonal flowers and American horticulture.

The park guest looks up Main Street, lined with colourful buildings purveying unique and interesting period goods, and the breath is knocked out of them by the sight of the Sapphire Summit - a 250ft tall man-made mountain covered in a beautiful spectrum of flora. On a plateau around a quarter up from the mountain's feet is Cinderella Castle, practically a clone of Tokyo Disneyland's castle (which is slightly bigger and grander than the Magic Kingdom's) but covered in all manner of vines, flowers and blossoms crawling around the turrets and reaching up to the skies*. A sightly mountain trail leads from the Central Plaza up to the entrance of Cinderella Castle, and Fantasyland, lined with flowers and quaint scenery, e.g. fountains, streams and topiaries. A waterfall stretches from about 3/4 up the mountain to the ground, and leads into a lake which deltas in the centre of the Central Plaza - a perfect location for future shows and character greetings.
    *I was inspired to write this by one of the original concepts for Sleeping Beauty Castle at EuroDisneyland, the future Disneyland Paris; a Cinderella Castle in the center of a lavish garden, surrounded by sweeping lawns and trees, with the castle itself covered in all manner of flowers and plants. You can see it in Walt Disney Imagineering: A Behind the Dreams Look at Making the Magic Real.

Central Plaza is around 3/4 the size of Tokyo Disneyland's hub, so expansive enough to host grand shows and parades, but not too large.

Fantasyland
    Fantasyland is entirely located indoors, inside the Sapphire Summit, with parts inside Cinderella Castle. This is a unique concept, as most of the classic Fantasyland rides are there, but in a fully themed courtyard of Cinderella Castle. For the more adventurous, there is a themed (the story of Snow White is depicted in a series of paintings, each in a unique different style) mountain trail leading to a very private and romantic secluded mezzanine giving stunning views of the Chinese countryside, and of the park itself, just below the summit of the mountain.

Some of the attractions on opening day will be The Daring Adventures of Mulan, Peter Pan's Flight (a unique take on the classic dark ride, utilising IMAX technology which is easily hidden inside the monstrous mountain, basically Soarin' but with Peter Pan + posse), Cinderellabration! (a slightly adapted version of the TDL/MK classic, inside the Rose Gardens Amphitheatre, in which the stage is outside, on the backside of the mountain, but the seating is inside), Mad Hatter's Tea Party, Cinderella's Carrousel and Minnie's Gift of Dreams.

The roof of the mountain will be fitted with Imagineering developed lighting, so park CMs can determine what time of day the inside of the mountain will be - there are four settings. Sunrise, in which speakers are tuned to feature birds singing etc, and gentle blowers create a summer breeze, daylight, in which the entire mountain is lit in beautiful sunlight, early evening, which is perhaps the most beautiful, with dimmed lights and a pink sky, and night time, in which LEDs in the ceiling turn on and create beautiful Disney-themed constellations in the midnight sky.

Tomorrowland and Frontierland coming in part two
    Adventureland and other features of the park in part three
    Resort hotels and other resort features in part four
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Re: Shanghai Disneyland

Isn't that the theme park Lazyboy created on RCT2?

• Former Epcot CM

Can you expand on that?
    Last edited by Speedway; 01-21-2006 at 01:32 PM.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Excuse me? Can you explain yourself?
    Hold up let me see if I can find a link to his pictures here on Mice Chat.

A chatter named Lazyboy created an awsome Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 park called Disneyland Shaghai and posted pictures here somewhere. Let me go find them and post the link. I think you would like them too. .

Do you play RCT 2?

I also do like you opinions in your first post. I think they are really good and very different from all the other Disney parks in ways.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Speedway here is a link to another Mice Chat Thread. Scroll down to post 2 and click on Lazy boys links and check out the cool Shanghai parks he created :

http://www.micechat.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15367

• Former Epcot CM

Cool... I picked Shanghai because it is the most likely next destination for a Disney resort; Disney themselves have admitted countless times that they are looking into the destinations yet we have only heard rumours about Beijing, Melbourne, Seoul etc.

My idea for the castle sitting on the mountainside came from drawings that I have done... I actually did a gothic Cinderella Castle on an icy mountainside for an Art project at school... and when I was thinking about it being in an actual park, I decided that it wouldn't work as the huge mountain would cast a horrible shadow over Fantasyland, so I just decided to put Fantasyland inside the mountain.

Wrassler, I just realised that my original post to you could come across as hostile... I really didn't mean it to come across that way! I'm sorry if you took offence, I was rushed. Lazyboy's park is amazing, I do play RCT2 but I wouldn't have the patience to do something like that. I tried making Magic Kingdom but building the Lagoon finished me off.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Hello.

I haven't read the description yet but I will make sure I do. But yes, Shanghai Disneyland is my current RCT2 project. Thanks for the comments.

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Wow awsome concept but i got real mountains here in canada who chould use an amazeing disney park
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Cool... I picked Shanghai because it is the most likely next destination for a Disney resort; Disney themselves have admitted countless times that they are looking into the destinations yet we have only heard rumours about Beijing, Melbourne, Seoul etc.

My idea for the castle sitting on the mountainside came from drawings that I have done... I actually did a gothic Cinderella Castle on an icy mountainside for an Art project at school... and when I was thinking about it being in an actual park, I decided that it wouldn't work as the huge mountain would cast a horrible shadow over Fantasyland, so I just decided to put Fantasyland inside the mountain.

Wrassler, I just realised that my original post to you could come across as hostile... I really didn't mean it to come across that way! I'm sorry if you took offence, I was rushed. Lazyboy's park is amazing, I do play RCT2 but I wouldn't have the patience to do something like that. I tried making Magic Kingdom but building the Lagoon finished me off.
    I knew that you weren't mad or anything so I was not offeneded .

I like it, but would it not be more practical to have a entrance to the hotel from outside also?

• Former Epcot CM

Part Two
    Shanghai Disneyland Park
    Tomorrowland
    Finally at Shanghai Disneyland, the most 'tomorrow' of all Tomorrowlands will open for business.

Welcome to the Disneyland SpacePort, a fully operational () space station, an aiport for extra terrestrials to dock in Earth. Lead by Mayor Tom Morrow who has recently transferred from the Disneyland SpacePort in Anaheim, California, Walt Disney, John Hench's and Herbert Ryman's vision of the future is realised in a breath-taking themed space port.

In the centre is the magnificent Space Mountain, the station in which Earthlings leave the planet to explore the realms of the universe. A 79ft tall dome of chrome with an retractable roof (which opens regularly much to the delight of park guests who rejoice in hearing the screams of Space Mountain riders) featuring the first loop inside a Space Mountain. Once Earthlings have left Space Mountain, they have a choice of many things to do.

People can sip futuristic cocktails in a 99ft tall SpaceBar which stands at the far edge of Tomorrowland, featuring great views of the Shanghai Disneyland Lake and Tomorrowland itself. The Shanghai Disneyland Resort Monorail stops in the center of Tomorrowland (the actual station is inside the Space Mountain building) before leaving for the Disney's Port Royale Resort, a PotC themed hotel.

The Tomorrowland Transit Line, a suspended monorail encircling Tomorrowland, stops at the SpaceBar, Space Mountain, the entrance to Tomorrowland and Tomorrowland Chamber of Commerce. Guests sit in modern TransitBubbles, which feature interactive video screens explaining the history of Tomorrowland, its sisters in California, Florida, Tokyo, Paris and Hong Kong, and the different buildings it passes through.

Inside the Tomorrowland Chamber of Commerce is the Star Tours attraction. A fully interactive ride, you are a guest onboard an Empire shuttle to the Death Star II, leaving from Tomorrowland reguarly. Each guest on the ride decides which side the shuttle is on, and whether you fight for the Republic; or the Empire.

The Tomorrowland Opera House features the symphonic melodies of an orchestra featuring musicians from over 300 planetary bodies. You are a guest at a concert, observing the beautiful music, before you are rudely interrupted by Stitch. Before you know it, the roof is crashed in (due to very special WDI technology; see Catastrophe Canyon at MGM for more details ) and Stitch's space shuttle lands. You have been personally picked to save the Earth from destruction, and you have to pilot a fighter ship featuring fully interactive buttons and instruments.

At night, Tomorrowland becomes a fully compatible component of the nightly fireworks show, Sparkling, as Space Mountain and the SpaceBar are tuned up to simulataneously light up with the fireworks and music. This adds to the experience of the fireworks, which can be enjoyed from various standpoints in Shanghai Disneyland time and time again.

Frontierland
    Ah my fingers hurt. Will be edited tomorrow.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    I like it, but would it not be more practical to have a entrance to the hotel from outside also?
    It would be a lot more practical. But since when was I practical
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Im Mrs Americain Dream

Haha sounds exciteing
    ~I Am Finally Just Me~

My Youtube Video Blog

• WDW FAN

when can I book a vacation there? will my silver pass work?

• Banned User

And will the railroad have actual steam locomotives unlike the disgraces running around Hong Kong

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast