• Watch Your Language

Opening Ceremony; Night Time Entertainment next year! NO Expansion for the time being

Video click here--->>> http://hk.news.yahoo.com/video/迪士尼冀明...153601469.html (Cantonese only)

Source : Now TV

迪士尼新園區迷離莊園星期五正式開放,將會是全球獨有的新園區。
    迷離莊園開幕後,同期擴建的三個新園區全部已經啟用。新園區開幕後,樂園比以前擴大了四分之一,預計新園區 每小時會帶來一千人次的人流。
    迪士尼行政總裁金文豪表示,三個新園區足夠應付未來發展,樂園暫時不會再擴建。他們計劃明年推出新的夜間娛 樂節目,吸引遊客。
    至於政府早前提出,興建以漫畫為主題的MARVEL LAND,迪士尼仍然審視緊不同方案,融資方式亦未有定案。
    Andrew Kam of HKDL says the three new lands are sufficient for future development needs and therefore no further expansion for the time being. HKDL plans to introduce Night time entertainment next year. Disney is still reviewing various options for "Marvel Land" suggested by HK Gov, nothing has been confirmed.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 05-16-2013 at 10:32 AM.

• Minion

Re: Opening Ceremony; Night Time Entertainment next year! NO Expansion for the time b

ORDDU: I would assume the plans mentioned for night time entertainment involve an evening parade--similar to the Electrical parade--which would be another nice addition for this park. However, it's a bad idea for them to conclude that they have enough attractions in this little park for the time being. This just isn't so!!!

Re: Opening Ceremony; Night Time Entertainment next year! NO Expansion for the time b

Maybe the night time entertainment won't just be confined to an electrical parade. They might also (possibly) debut a new fireworks show. While I like the old one, its been around for (by next year) 9 years. A new show would be a welcome addition for sure.

I'm reading the post above and it seems to me that by "future expansion", they mean adding new lands. It says that their three new lands are sufficient for further development but I can't think of any way to expand them except by adding TSM to TSL. Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point have space issues which rules out the possibility of expansion unless grizzly expands to the area on the left.
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (TDL, DL)

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyHKP View Post
    Maybe the night time entertainment won't just be confined to an electrical parade. They might also (possibly) debut a new fireworks show. While I like the old one, its been around for (by next year) 9 years. A new show would be a welcome addition for sure.

I'm reading the post above and it seems to me that by "future expansion", they mean adding new lands. It says that their three new lands are sufficient for further development but I can't think of any way to expand them except by adding TSM to TSL. Grizzly Gulch and Mystic Point have space issues which rules out the possibility of expansion unless grizzly expands to the area on the left.
    That's probably what they're referring to as far as Grizzly Gulch goes. Would be an awfully good place to put that Geyser Mountain concept.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki