Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

• Minion

Re: Night Time Parade in 2014 and mulls building 1million sq ft downtown disney

ORWEN: Why couldn't they still keep the fireworks and also extend Fantasyland? I mean, all the other Disney theme parks seem to be able to do both.

• Not here to help

Quote Originally Posted by Omegadiz View Post
    You aren't much of an optimist are you?
    Have you been at HKDL? It takes a day to do it ALL. Just the main rides and shows are half a day.

The area around the park is DEAD. ...many days the park is a bit dead in contrast to the city Hong Kong that is always mega busy and super crowded.

HKDL resort needs much more than the park as it is today to support a downtown. Macau couldn´t even keep their Cirque show alive, niether could Tokyo. It takes alooot of people to build and keep a real downtown area and make it good, and not just a Disney Village like in France.

I´m a realist.
    Last edited by TimmyTimmyTimmy; 07-03-2013 at 08:11 AM.
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

So is Disney In The Stars leaving????? Or, is someome just guessing it will?

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Why couldn't they still keep the fireworks and also extend Fantasyland? I mean, all the other Disney theme parks seem to be able to do both.
    Because the firework launchers are installed there on the ground. They have to either move them elsewhere or mount them on top of new expansion structures. Either way it is not the work of a moment.

Quote Originally Posted by jrh1985 View Post
    So is Disney In The Stars leaving????? Or, is someome just guessing it will?
    Just a guess. Because they will need to move the firework launchers if they want to make use of that parcel of land for expansion.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, at least we know those fireworks launcher thingies can be moved if they have to be and if they ever decide to extend Fantasyland they have time to plan for everything that needs to be done. In the meantime I can't believe the guests would be willing to give up fireworks that easily since they've become used to seeing them. But we'll eventually find out.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORWEN: Well, at least we know those fireworks launcher thingies can be moved if they have to be and if they ever decide to extend Fantasyland they have time to plan for everything that needs to be done. In the meantime I can't believe the guests would be willing to give up fireworks that easily since they've become used to seeing them. But we'll eventually find out.
    Tokyo Disneyland and Disneysea are doing fine without fireworks right now, because their Electrical Parade is so popular. It is not unprecedented.

• Minion

ORWEN: Oh, reeeeeally, Asa, duckling? I did not know that. Of course this cauldron girl doesn't keep up with what's going on at Tokyo Disneyland too much these days. I think it's because I'm alergic to sushi.

ORDDU: It might also be due to the fact that we're projecting the American tastes on the foreign guests. We can't imagine Disneyland locals willing to accept Disneyland without fireworks.

ORGOCH: Got firecrackers an' a match?

If they do extend Fantasyland, hopefully it has the same level of detail as WDWs New Fantasyland but will have more unique attractions (a copied Ariel dark ride and a restaurant aren't that exciting, and HKDL can't get the seven dwarfs coaster since it already has a mine car coaster)
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (TDL, DL)

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyHKP View Post
    If they do extend Fantasyland, hopefully it has the same level of detail as WDWs New Fantasyland but will have more unique attractions (a copied Ariel dark ride and a restaurant aren't that exciting, and HKDL can't get the seven dwarfs coaster since it already has a mine car coaster)
    As does Magic Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by MickeyHKP View Post
    Rumour has it that the seven dwarfs mine train coaster will be built in Shanghai anyway. HK govt also will probably ask for something unique.

• Minion

ORDDU: I'm wondering if, perhaps, the new animated movie--Frozen--might be an inspiration for an attraction at HKDL for Fantasyland. From the trailer my sisters and I have seen of it inside our crystal ball, it appears that Frozen might offer a nice possibility for a dark ride inside a mountain--somewhat like the Matterhorn. At any rate we'll be keeping our broomsticks crossed for something unique at HKDL.

• Minion

ORRDU: Isn't it though??? I think I may have to take a cold shower...

When will we hear about this new parade?

• Banned User

D23 this October maybe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast