Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Night Time Parade in 2014 and mulls building 1million sq ft downtown disney

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: I'm wondering if, perhaps, the new animated movie--Frozen--might be an inspiration for an attraction at HKDL for Fantasyland. From the trailer my sisters and I have seen of it inside our crystal ball, it appears that Frozen might offer a nice possibility for a dark ride inside a mountain--somewhat like the Matterhorn. At any rate we'll be keeping our broomsticks crossed for something unique at HKDL.
    Or maybe just give HKDL back the Glacier Peak, which was vetoed by the HK govt because they think HK Ocean Park will build something similar. Now we know it is not the same thing.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

Re: Night Time Parade in 2014 and mulls building 1million sq ft downtown disney

A downtown Disney should be a good thing for the park. Not only will it keep guests in the resort longer but it would also help bring revenue for future expansion.
    The resort was always planned with a downtown Disney and it would definitely add a much needed area for hotel guests to spend after park is closed.

I am not familiar with the hotels there but if they have conference rooms then a downtown Disney area would also help. Business could be more inclined in booking rooms if there is nearby entertainment and restaurants.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123