Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• Watch Your Language

Night Time Parade in 2014 and mulls building 1million sq ft downtown disney

According to singtao daily news, HKDL is mulling over plans to build 1 million sq feet Downtown Disney and sending over Disney Cruise ships to the Newly Opened Kai Tak Cruise Terminal at Hong Kong.

the new night time parade would introduce elements of engaging interactions with guests/tourists (they need to purchase a toy which is a device to vary the color of the light) and the scale of the parade will allegedly bigger than those in Tokyo Disney.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 06-26-2013 at 06:43 PM.

• Minion

Re: Night Time Parade in 2014 and mulls building 1million sq ft downtown disney

ORDDU: Very interesting news, indeed! Those greedy marketing types sure know how to entice Disney guests into buying something in order to enjoy the night parade, don't they? Perhaps they feel that's one way for guests to pay for the parade they're watching.

ORGOCH: Well, ya won't see me buyin' none a that stuff! If'n I wants ta hold a light in my hand I can just reach out an' grab the nearest firefly!!

ORWEN: Still, it sounds like the night parade will be a welcome sight for HKDL guests. Can't wait to see what it all looks like and which characters will be in it!!!

Downtown Disney eh? Will there be lots of restaurant then stores? They spend more on food than merchandise.

• Not here to help

...meanwhile in HKDL:

PARK NEEDS RIDES!
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I agree with you, Timmy, duckling. But from what we've been reading, the Hong Kong Government currently feels they've already spent enough on the most recent expansion. They don't seem ready to invest any more money into this park for a while--other than the new night time parade. Hopefully this idea will change soon because at the rate they're going it will be much too long before any new attractions are added to this park.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: My sisters and I agree with you, Timmy, duckling. But from what we've been reading, the Hong Kong Government currently feels they've already spent enough on the most recent expansion. They don't seem ready to invest any more money into this park for a while--other than the new night time parade. Hopefully this idea will change soon because at the rate they're going it will be much too long before any new attractions are added to this park.
    HK govt and Disney already agreed to build Marvel Land and spend on the Night Time parade using the park and hotels profits.

Where Disney needs HK govt investment is the third hotel and maybe Downtown Disney.

I remember the above info has been mentioned many many times before.

The new Night Time Parade will mean increased park opening hours and hopefully night time tickets, merchandize related to the parade and more F&B, and make more money for the park. The park hopes that it will be a good money maker and drives the park even further forward financially, so it can build more rides and hotels and shops and all the rest.

• Minion

ORDDU: Didn't someone at Disney recently say that the idea of a Marvel expansion wasn't exactly confirmed for HKDL, yet? I believe it's being talked about but not yet set in stone.

Do we know when in 2014 for the parade?

Perhaps something will be announced at D23 in August?

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva View Post
    ORDDU: Didn't someone at Disney recently say that the idea of a Marvel expansion wasn't exactly confirmed for HKDL, yet? I believe it's being talked about but not yet set in stone.
    Tom Staggs said it is not set in stone but WDC is the minor shareholder in HKDL. Usually the minor shareholder cannot overrule the majority shareholder's decision, and it wasn't a decision the HK govt made without input from WDC/WDI. They could not have selected a proposal that wasn't presented to them.

HKDL expansion in terms of rides do not need HK govt investment. They have profits from previous years and future years that they can spend. This is already agreed. WDC is stalling because WDI are still working on the design and the budget can only be confirmed after the design is complete. Without the budget requirements there cannot be any agreement or confirmations.

HKDL only needs HK govt investment if they decide to build third hotel and Downtown Disney. They are talking about Downtown Disney because they think the Macau-Zhuhai-Hong Kong mega bridge will create a huge stream of visitors to HKDL.

I think they better wait and see, the last time a bridge to China opened, the Hong Kong–Shenzhen Western Corridor, it did not bring in the visitors as they had hoped. It was all hot air.

To my mind I do not believe the Macau-Zhuhai mega bridge will do Hong Kong any good economically. It is only good for Macau because it will be much easier for HK people to go and gamble their fortunes away.

I think a downtown area will be a good addition. It will make HKDL feel more like a resort which can only be a good thing

• Not here to help

A downtown to a small park with alot less to see and do than most other parks... hmm
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

Quote Originally Posted by TimmyTimmyTimmy View Post
    A downtown to a small park with alot less to see and do than most other parks... hmm
    You aren't much of an optimist are you?

The one thing to find out for this bridge, is wait for its performance, then have talk for downtown. If do so anyway, it needs to be more restaurant and less stores

Since some people are never satisfied with HKDL unless they put a lot of rides in even though they should know about the exorbitant WDI costs and HKDL's financial position if they read what other people writes, I am writing to guess that maybe once the Night Parade comes in, HKDL will stop the fireworks show and actually clean up the land where the firework launchers are based, so they can start work on expanding Fantasyland.

Hope this helps the pessimists among us.
    Last edited by Asa; 07-02-2013 at 10:38 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast