First Journey to Hong Kong and Tokyo Disney Resorts: Looking for Travel Buddies

Howdy Disney Nerd Herd travelers,

I have been planning my first trip to the Asia Disney Parks for the past 4 years. I actually bought tickets to Tokyo in 2011 and the earthquake cancelled the trip. I had to reschedule for the summer of 2014. My wife isn't interested so it is me and anybody else I can find to tag along with. I had some buddies from high school and college as possible travel companions but they are all out of pocket for this coming year.

I am going to hub out of LAX since the flights are cheaper that way and so I can hang out with a friend in LA at the Disneyland Resort before I leave for Asia. I plan on going to Hong Kong first. Leave from LAX on (or near) June 21. Then do 4 days in Hong Kong with 2 days at HK Disneyland. Then fly over to Tokyo for 7 days in Japan with 3-4 days at the Tokyo Disney Resort. Returning to LAX around July 4th.

The hotels can be a bit expensive so I would like to find some fellow Disney Nerds to share the experience and some of the costs. Also don't really want to make the trip all alone, although that is a possibility I have considered. If anybody is possibly interested in joining in the journey let me know. I have some flexibility with the dates, but really prefer to go between June 21-July 4.

Tim from Texas
    Delta Indigo

• Minion

Re: First Journey to Hong Kong and Tokyo Disney Resorts: Looking for Travel Buddies

ORGOCH: How'd ya feel 'bout havin' 3 old hags fer travelin' buddies?

ORWEN: You know we can't go with anybody to Hong Kong, old biddy! The Horned King forbids such things!

ORGOCH: Guess yer right--fer once. Still, it was a thought.

ORDDU: In the meantime we wish you well in you endeavors, duckling. We'll look forward to your trip report as soon as it's ready.

Re: First Journey to Hong Kong and Tokyo Disney Resorts: Looking for Travel Buddies

Thanks for the response.

This trip is really more of a guy's night out on a global scale. Since there is so much to do in a limited time, there will likely be about 2-5 miles of walking every day (even with the metro and taxis) to take it all in. It will be much like you see on the "Amazing Race" TV show, I expect.

Thanks again.