• Minion

Sad How much of a threat is Typhoon Haiyan ato HKDL?

ORDDU: After hearing of all the devastation this terrible storm has done to the Philipines, it's only natural that we're concerned about what could happen to South China and Hong Kong. We wish all who live in that part of the world as much safety as is possible despite the threat.

ORWEN: I hope our friend, SirEdge, is okay. Please let us hear from you duckling!

ORDDU: We also hope Hong Kong Disneyland isn't damaged by this monster storm.

Re: How much of a threat is Typhoon Haiyan ato HKDL?

Haiyan did not hit Hong Kong directly. We are experiencing some strong winds and there is some rain here, but nothing serious.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

• Minion

ORDDU: Thank you Asa, duckling. We didn't realize you lived over there too. But we're glad you're okay. SirEdge would have taken a direct hit, unfortunately, since he lives in the Phillippines. We hope he made it through safely and hope he let's us hear from him.

Thanks for the concern, I'm fine. And so is my family who is in Manila. I'm currently in Beijing, so I'm pretty far from everything. I feel quite guilty since before the news of the typhoon hit, I was concerned with planning my next trip to HKDL. It almost seems inappropriate to do so in the light of recent events.

I am very worried about our countrymen, as one of the worst, if not the worst, storms in recorded history is no joke. In the school I teach, one of our teachers lost her brother. That is just one of possibly thousands dead. We're not certain how many since so many lines of communication were cut-off.

I know this is not directly related to Disneyland and stuff, but if any of you want to help, our school is one of the many organizations trying to mobilize people and to facilitate relief efforts. 100% of all monetary donations go into buying relief goods. It is run entirely by the faculty, students, parents and alumni of our school and we serve as one of the major donation centers in Manila.

XS San Juan: Xavier Sulong Muli Collecting of Goods | Xavier School

Name:  xaviersulong2-featured-image-800x533.jpg
Views: 121
Size:  134.2 KB

• Minion

ORDDU: Thank you so much for letting us hear from you SirEdge, duckling. Everything you had to say was, indeed, related to this topic. We're very sorry to hear about the loss of your teacher friend's brother. At least you were able to be in a safe place during the storm. But how terrible for others.

ORWEN: Thank you for posting the link for donations, too. Many hugs to you, duckling! We have been very worried.

ORDDU: Please feel free to use this thread for updates if you would like. It's always good to hear from you regardless.