Talking Mystic Manor received Award for Outstanding Achievement – Attraction

Disney Parks Attractions Honored with Thea Awards Β« Disney Parks Blog

Mystic Manor at Hong Kong Disneyland received the Award for Outstanding Achievement – Attraction, which noted the original storyline, special effects, Audio-Animatronics technology, musical score by Danny Elfman, and the trackless, wire-guided ride vehicles as reasons for excellence. TEA noted that “Mystic Manor exemplifies the seamless integration of the latest technology with true state-of-the-art storytelling.”
    July 1992: Disneyland Paris
    April 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    July 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    March 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    July 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland

• Not here to help

Re: Mystic Manor received Award for Outstanding Achievement – Attraction

What is the latest technology? The trackless ride tech has been around for ages now in Tokyo Disneyland and DisneySea. Oh well... good that HKDL gets some cred.

Congratulations to HKDL! This shows how much this park has grown in quality over the past couple of years.
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (TDL, DL)

•   
    • Minion

I just got back from my first visit to HKDL and while I would say the attraction seems a bit short I really think it is a great attraction overall. I love the presentation of the house and the queue and the ride itself. I think we went on it probably like 8 times LOL. Goes to show you what the imagineers can do with some budget!!!! I am happy it won an award!!!

I was just at HKDL yesterday. Got to Mystic Manor at about 10:30 and there was NO ONE in line. I got into the first car, and the other 3 were empty. I could have ridden it over and over, but honestly, I though it was a bore. The theming and the queue were great, but the preshow was awful, and the story line is really weak. You just travel from room to room and see animatronics. The technology is sort of cool, but I don't rides for technology's sake. The technology should be invisible and enhance the experience, not be the experience. I don't know...maybe I missed something, but it was a huge disappointment to me. I'd rate it maybe 6/10.

• Minion

ORWEN: Maybe it's other guests who make or break an attraction for you. I mean, if I was all alone on a ride I'd be too lonely to notice anything but the fact I was alone. I'd be all freaked out! You'll have to try riding it again when other people are with you--even if they're total strangers.

Quote Originally Posted by arrosen View Post
    I was just at HKDL yesterday. Got to Mystic Manor at about 10:30 and there was NO ONE in line. I got into the first car, and the other 3 were empty. I could have ridden it over and over, but honestly, I though it was a bore. The theming and the queue were great, but the preshow was awful, and the story line is really weak. You just travel from room to room and see animatronics. The technology is sort of cool, but I don't rides for technology's sake. The technology should be invisible and enhance the experience, not be the experience. I don't know...maybe I missed something, but it was a huge disappointment to me. I'd rate it maybe 6/10.
    While I agree the storyline may be simple, I thought the attraction was pretty darn good. One of the best I've ridden actually.

why was the pre-show awful? I would expect that kind of pre-show from an era in the late 1800's- early 1900's
    Disney Trips:
    Disneyland Resort: Dec 2013
    Tokyo Disney Resort: April 2013, April 2014
    Hong Kong Disneyland Resort: Oct-Nov 2006, March 2007, April 2008, April 2009, March 2010, Oct 2011, May 2012, Oct-Nov 2012, May 2013...
    Favorite Rides:
    1) Mystic Manor(HKDL)
    2) Tower of Terror (TDS)
    3) Soarin Over California (DCA)
    4) Splash Mountain (TDL)
    5) Haunted Mansion (TDL, DL)

i m going to to solve your problim