• Minion

Smile Rumor about a non-ride Attraction for Fantasyland

ORDDU: There is a rumor over on the Screamscape web-footed site which talks about a possible non-ride attraction for HKDL's Fantasyland coming in 2015. Does anyone know what it could be?

ORWEN: The first thing that came to my mind was a Sleeping Beauty Castle walk thru like the one they have in Anaheim. There was an article by Alan Littae (did I spell that right?) some years ago about how the castle at HKDL had been built with the idea of some sort of interior attraction eventually going inside. Could this finally be about to happen? I sure hope so because I'd love to see the castle walk thru added to this park.

ORDDU: Since all the other Disney castles at all the other Disney parks are bustling with life it seems a shame that HKDL's just sits there as an empty shell. It doesn't even have an shops open on the first floors!

ORWEN: So it's about time Princess Aurora woke up in Hong Kong, too!!!

• Mickey icecream sammiches

Re: Rumor about a non-ride Attraction for Fantasyland

Whatever the rumor ends up referring to, I hope its true. Still blows my mind why HKDL was built so small and with so few attractions. In my mind, Disney needs to continue to add to that park as much and as frequently as possible. Mystic Manor is supposed to be amazing, and we all know about Iron Man coming to the park, but how they could originally build a Magic Kingdom style park with no old-school Fantasyland dark rides, no Pirates, and no Haunted Mansion is INSANE. Seriously, the original incarnation of Hong Kong Disneyland was an abomination.

• Minion

ORDDU: My sisters and I totally agree with you on those points, Mondo Mouse, dear. As popular as Winnie the Pooh is, you'd think they'd have a clue, by now, that dark rides in Fantasyland are a success.

A Sleeping Beauty Walkthrough would be great, but it'll probably be a Princess Meet & Greet.

• Minion

ORWEN: Well, they already have plenty of places for princess meetings and greetings as it is. They have stations all around the castle for that--plus Fantasy Gardens.

ORDDU: Aside from that, the rumor is that a non-ride attraction would be coming--unless they consider meetings and greetings as attractions. Maybe they do but they shouldn't.

ORGOCH: Heck! Over there just takin' a leak is considered an attraction! Ever hear of them leaky tiki's?

You mean Maui? He's pretty leaky...

Princess Meet & Greets like Princess Fantasy Fair are considered attractions; maybe something like the Disneyland Sleeping Beauty walkthrough could be used as the queue leading to the Princesses? Update the old lighting effects with digital light projectors, broaden the viewing angles for the miniatures, and have the "hallways" twist & split to work as switchbacks?

• Not here to help

Whatever it is it is not good enough. All lands in HKDL need more attractions.
    In HKDL even the restrooms might be considered walkthrough attractions or interactive play areas.

• Minion

ORGOCH: Now yer really makin' me laugh, Timmy, ducklin'.