Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1

    • Watch Your Language
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Planet D23
    Posts
    1,883

    2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    according to a chinese newspaper ETNET HK and Yahoo News:

    The Tourism Commissioner has revealed that 2nd Disney Theme Park(Phase 2 expansion) is on the agenda. Reclamation for the 2nd park(Phase 2 expansion) would be completed by 2008.

    She expressed confidence in HKDL to achieve its 1st year attendance target and it is quite evident that the HK government need to consider the phase 2 development.

    Source: ETNET HK/Yahoo News (in chinese)
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 02-02-2006 at 05:20 AM.

  2. #2

    • Live from Progress City
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    117

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland
    The Tourism Commissioner has revealed that 2nd Disney Theme Park(Phase 2 expansion) is on the agenda. Reclamation for the 2nd park(Phase 2 expansion) would be completed by 2008.

    She expressed confidence in HKDL to achieve its 1st year attendance target and it is quite evident that the HK government need to consider the phase 2 development.
    Or, you could just finish building the *first* park... sheesh guys, get it together...

  3. #3

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    It's gonna take a few years to fill in the bay some more and reclaim more land. They can add Frontierland and a few more rides to the first park in between now and then, and when DL is filled out a bit they can open the second park.

    However, don't build a second park if you don't know what to build. No more "Studios" parks please! ! ! ! !

  4. #4

    • Watch Your Language
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Planet D23
    Posts
    1,883

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    It's gonna take a few years to fill in the bay some more and reclaim more land. They can add Frontierland and a few more rides to the first park in between now and then, and when DL is filled out a bit they can open the second park.

    However, don't build a second park if you don't know what to build. No more "Studios" parks please! ! ! ! !
    Something different please....

    Disney fragrant harbour?

  5. #5

    • Live from Progress City
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    117

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    It's gonna take a few years to fill in the bay some more and reclaim more land. They can add Frontierland and a few more rides to the first park in between now and then, and when DL is filled out a bit they can open the second park.

    However, don't build a second park if you don't know what to build. No more "Studios" parks please! ! ! ! !
    What?! Surely you don't suggest Hong Kongians aren't clamoring for a Tower of Terror clone, MuppetVision 3-D, Star Tours, Turtle Talk with Crush, Aladdin Carpets, and Playhouse Disney Live On Stage?

    Of course, that's way more than HKDL got for opening day, so you'd have to pare that down a little bit. Maybe they could just have a 100-acre lawn with Tower of Terror in the middle.

  6. #6

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Park #2 has been on the plans since HKDL was announced in 1999. This isnt shocking news.

  7. #7

    • Earth Intruder
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    The Tangent Universe
    Posts
    3,060

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by MiklCraw4d
    Of course, that's way more than HKDL got for opening day, so you'd have to pare that down a little bit. Maybe they could just have a 100-acre lawn with Tower of Terror in the middle.
    LOL!!!!

    My vote is for the 100-acre lawn with a Winnie the Pooh meet-n-greet in the middle. It's a hunny of a park!
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)



    Founding Member of the BA!

  8. #8

    • Live from Progress City
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Chapel Hill, NC
    Posts
    117

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    My vote is for the 100-acre lawn with a Winnie the Pooh meet-n-greet in the middle. It's a hunny of a park!
    HAHA... Now *that's* entertainment!

    "Come see Pooh on our lawn!"

  9. #9

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Paris, France / Los Angeles
    Posts
    38,884
    Blog Entries
    2

    Smile Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    This is what Wikipedia has to say, I wonder if it's accurate:

    Phase 1 Extension

    Rumours suggest Frontierland and Mickey's Toontown will be built in the near future. After completing Phase 1 Extension, Hong Kong Disneyland will then consist of six theme [lands.] Besides, new attractions will be added during the Phase 1 Extension.

    The following attractions will be added soon for the Phase 1 Extension:
    Autopia (open in Summer 2006) - Autopia is already illustrated on the park guide map.
    Raging Spirits (open in 2007) - Raging Spirits, which debuted at Tokyo DisneySea, is a jungle temple themed rollercoaster and will appear in Adventureland.
    Pirates of the Caribbean - Pirates of the Caribbean will take the format already created at Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at other Magic Kingdoms and mixed with the Splash Mountain format, creating a dark ride with a log flume.
    "it's a small world" and Peter Pan's Flight (open in 2007/2008) - Both are the well-known Fantasyland attractions and will be included in the latter part of the Phase 1 Extension.


    Also, according to the information of laughingplace.com and Ming Pao's (one of the biggest newspaper publishers in Hong Kong) report that a new attraction called "UFO Zone" will be built inside Tomorrowland after the approval of the Buildings Department of the government. This thrilling attraction will feature crash-landed shuttles, water spouts and fountains.


    Future Extensions

    The Phase 2 Extension is located near the Disneyland park. As the reclaimed land reserved for Phase 2 Extension and the Disneyland park are being blocked by Park Promenade (a pedestrian walkway which links the MTR Disneyland Resort Station, Disneyland park and Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel), it's expected that the resort's second Disney theme park will be built on that site.
    Moreover, the Phase 3 Extension is being considered by the Walt Disney Company and the Hong Kong Government.

  10. #10

    • MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Chickapin Hill
    Posts
    10,907
    Blog Entries
    6

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by MiklCraw4d
    Or, you could just finish building the *first* park... sheesh guys, get it together...
    Here's hoping to John Lassetter knowing what he's doing!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!










  11. #11

    • Watch Your Language
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Planet D23
    Posts
    1,883

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by yoyoflamingo
    Here's hoping to John Lassetter knowing what he's doing!
    If they are not serious enough to build good attractions, I think HongKongers would like to see the future site for Phase 2 expansion being turned into garden or a supermarket (HK WalDisneyMart) than a theme park.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 02-04-2006 at 08:50 AM.

  12. #12

    • Internet.Serious Business
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities
    Posts
    4,824

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer
    This is what Wikipedia has to say, I wonder if it's accurate:

    Phase 1 Extension

    Rumours suggest Frontierland and Mickey's Toontown will be built in the near future. After completing Phase 1 Extension, Hong Kong Disneyland will then consist of six theme [lands.] Besides, new attractions will be added during the Phase 1 Extension.

    The following attractions will be added soon for the Phase 1 Extension:
    Autopia (open in Summer 2006) - Autopia is already illustrated on the park guide map.
    Raging Spirits (open in 2007) - Raging Spirits, which debuted at Tokyo DisneySea, is a jungle temple themed rollercoaster and will appear in Adventureland.
    Pirates of the Caribbean - Pirates of the Caribbean will take the format already created at Pirates of the Caribbean attractions at other Magic Kingdoms and mixed with the Splash Mountain format, creating a dark ride with a log flume.
    "it's a small world" and Peter Pan's Flight (open in 2007/2008) - Both are the well-known Fantasyland attractions and will be included in the latter part of the Phase 1 Extension.
    No I don't believe it. Toontown and Frontierland were mentioned in the 1999 original press release...but I don't see them happening. It's just too odd of a shape to add whole lands like that outside the berm where they have the space. I mean maybe they'll add Toontown out the back like in Disneyland...but it'd be small, very small if they do infact add IASW.

    Raging Spirits is supposed to have been cancelled. Pirates is still a rumor. As is Peter Pan. IASW is next according to some people (again how much knowledge they have...who knows...but they say it is next), using the Disneyland style dolls and supposedly with a flume, not flooded sets (Rolly Crump is rolling in his grave).

  13. #13

    • Closed Account
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    661

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    I would love to see a new Peter Pan. To see the 5th version of PAN w/ todays technology would be awesome.

  14. #14

    • Long Distance Imagineer
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Mesa, Arizona
    Posts
    418

    Re: 2nd Theme Park on the Agenda

    Or perhaps they could just move old and closed attractions to HK Disneyland, along with old parades... (just a joke, folks).

    Personally, it would be great to see something original, not another tweaked version of an old attraction.

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Theme park, or Water Park
    By Tyler1994 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 07-09-2009, 08:47 PM
  2. Krusty the Clown's theme park within a theme park
    By Ride Warrior in forum Other Destinations
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 01-09-2008, 02:20 PM
  3. I View WDW As Everyone's Theme Park, Not Just Your Theme Park...
    By Micoofy Duck in forum Walt Disney World Resort
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 07-22-2007, 04:59 AM
  4. HK Ocean Park vs Disney Theme Park in Mainland China ??
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-18-2006, 10:23 PM
  5. Third Theme Park Theme: Mythology
    By Barbossa in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 11-03-2005, 03:42 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •