10 Tips & Tricks for Visiting Hong Kong Disneyland

I visited Hong Kong Disneyland for three days in mid-May and thought I'd share the lessons I learned. We are frequent visitors to Disneyland in Anaheim and it was interesting to see what tricks transferred well and what did not. Hope this will help others in their trip planning - not a lot of Americans visit HKDL so it was hard to find comprehensive information other than the help I got on this message board and others.

Blog post with my 10 tips & tricks for visiting Hong Kong Disneyland is here: http://tripswithtykes.com/2014/06/03...ng-disneyland/

Also, we had a totally amazing cultural exchange watching our 5 year old (American) daughter make a new friend from Shanghai while on our travels at HKDL. I wrote up this story, which I think is probably the highlight of our many travels with our daughter to date: http://tripswithtykes.com/2014/05/21...ng-kong-story/

Re: 10 Tips & Tricks for Visiting Hong Kong Disneyland

Great tips. Thanks for those. I've been to the Park twice before and am going this December again. I almost stayed at the Hollywood hotel, and I'm glad I opted again for the main hotel as I hate shuttles and prefer to walk. Haven't seen the Lion King there, so will check that out. And I do agree that HKDL is more than a one day park. Too much rushing around for one day. I'm doing it in two this time. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by GUYNYC View Post
    Great tips. Thanks for those. I've been to the Park twice before and am going this December again. I almost stayed at the Hollywood hotel, and I'm glad I opted again for the main hotel as I hate shuttles and prefer to walk. Haven't seen the Lion King there, so will check that out. And I do agree that HKDL is more than a one day park. Too much rushing around for one day. I'm doing it in two this time. Thanks again.
    Thanks for the feedback and have a great trip! Jealous that you get to go again. We had a chance to walk through the Hollywood Hotel - very nice but it felt a lot busier and more crowded. And not being able to walk is a big negative. I did like that the Hollywood Hotel had a quick service counter restaurant so you could grab breakfast and go in the mornings. That is the only thing the Disneyland Hotel is missing. I'm working on another blog post reviewing the Disneyland Hotel so stay tuned!

• former CM

I doubt I'll get to HKDL in the next 5 years, but I loved your tips. You are exactly like my daughter and me in that we consider ourselves experts at avoiding lines. We actually enjoy beating the system, so much so, that now that FastPass+ is here to stay at WDW, I'm weirdly excited about reading all of the tips on Micechat to avoid long lines at attractions. I feel like we're playing chess with the other guests.

LesBesTes, I hope you go to Shanghai Disneyland when it opens and Disneyland Paris and share your tips for those parks too. Maybe you should make a guidebook. I think you'd be great at it.

Great blog, thanks for the tips. Can't wait to see your Disneyland Hotel post

Thanks RobbieM & JCruise86 for the nice feedback. Disneyland Hotel post is almost finished and will be coming soon! Processing all the photos is slowing me down... we knew it would be a long time before we went back to HKDL, so we took WAY too many photos! (And, JCruise86 - hoping to go to Shanghai and also Tokyo Disney in the next few years too).

Great tips list Les!
    HKDL isn't at the top of my list when it comes to international Disney parks, but I would like to check it out sometime in the future. I hope they keep adding and expanding to the resort (beyond the new hotel planned), so that there's more to see.

Hi I have been to HKDL twice with my family and since our vacation would only last three days sometimes four we only get to enjoy the park for one whole day. I agree that one day is not enough to enjoy the whole theme park and for me I think January to early March is the best time to visit because the weather is nice and cool.