My Downtown Disney HK plan

So I made this area plan out of boredom. For the shopping area immediate to the resort entrance, rooms are reserved for future administrative buildings (i.e. "front shop back office"). I directly copied and pasted Tokyo's CdS theatre to the left side of the park promenade. The dining area would feature common DTD restaurants like the Rainforest Cafe, ESPN Zone, etc. as well as some other cafes and bars. I also created a plaza linking to the 2nd gate. The entertainment area at the plaza would feature a cinema and an arcade similar to DisneyQuest in WDW.

Name:  downtown.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  159.9 KB

Thoughts?
    Last edited by iluvHKDL; 06-15-2014 at 01:45 AM.

Re: My Downtown Disney HK plan

This is awesome! I love how to move the 2nd gate entrance to lower part!

Just out of topic but when I went to DLR for 4 days, I spent so much times at downtown Disney, but when I went to TDR for 2 weeks, Ive never stepped my feet to Iskpiari!

Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^

Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    Just out of topic but when I went to DLR for 4 days, I spent so much times at downtown Disney, but when I went to TDR for 2 weeks, Ive never stepped my feet to Iskpiari!
    Iskpiari is out of the way and can only be visited if someone is only visiting Iskpiari. DTD at DLR will be visited more often, as guests need to walk through it to go to the parks anyway.

I do like the proposed DTD, though.

• Bangarang!

Nice plan. And the second gate entrance seems like a good idea, it adds footfall to the stores between the two entrances.

"We're not trying to entertain the critics ... I'll take my chances with the public." -
    Walt Disney

Quote Originally Posted by iluvHKDL View Post
    So I made this area plan out of boredom. For the shopping area immediate to the resort entrance, rooms are reserved for future administrative buildings (i.e. "front shop back office"). I directly copied and pasted Tokyo's CdS theatre to the left side of the park promenade. The dining area would feature common DTD restaurants like the Rainforest Cafe, ESPN Zone, etc. as well as some other cafes and bars. I also created a plaza linking to the 2nd gate. The entertainment area at the plaza would feature a cinema and an arcade similar to DisneyQuest in WDW.

Name:  downtown.jpg
Views: 317
Size:  159.9 KB

Thoughts?

Love the idea, and this is probably much better than what I had in mind.

I'm not sure if I'm a minority in this opinion, but I just adore the greenery around the fountain. I'm just concerned that given the relative bottleneck that happens during closing time (people are generally headed in one direction), the addition of stores in the area might make it even more crowded.

However, looking at the map, it seems that there seems to be no other place for Downtown Disney.

Thank you guys for the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    I'm not sure if I'm a minority in this opinion, but I just adore the greenery around the fountain. I'm just concerned that given the relative bottleneck that happens during closing time (people are generally headed in one direction), the addition of stores in the area might make it even more crowded.
    I hope the resort will make use of the unused pier located to the southern end of the park promenade so that visitors have an alternative transport method to the resort. Plus, he bottleneck problem you mentioned could be solved. I do think there is enough attendance to support a ferry service between the Disneyland Resort pier and Central Piers.
    1998: Tokyo Disneyland
    2001: Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo DisneySea
    2003: Disneyland Paris
    2005-2014: Hong Kong Disneyland
    2007: Tokyo DisneySea
    2010: Disneyland & Disney California Adventure

Name:  VP415-Mark-Twain.jpg
Views: 180
Size:  222.7 KB

If I ever got the finance together, then I would run this ferry service using the Mark Twain Riverboat. There would be entertainment as well as food and beverage available on board to keep everyone interested.

I would offer breakfast cruises (from town to park), lunch cruises (from pier to town and back), sunset cruises (town to park), dinner cruises (circular from pier with view of fireworks) and an end of the day service to transport guests to town when park close.
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure