Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Watch Your Language

calling on HKDL to seriously consider 2nd and 3rd phase of expansion

Various people from local, mainland tourist organizations, scholars, and tourism boards are calling on HKDL to seriously consider 2nd and 3rd phase of expansion!!

they said the current size of HKDL is incapable of handling the market of 1.3 billion population of China. They said HKDL even with the 1st phase expansion is only capable (to certain extent) of handling the pearl river delta's population . If they don't listen, they would lose business in the medium and long term.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 02-07-2006 at 12:48 AM.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Re: calling on HKDL to seriously consider 2nd and 3rd phase of expansion

Quote Originally Posted by HongKongDisneyland
    Various people from local, mainland tourist organizations, scholars, and tourism boards are calling on HKDL to seriously consider 2nd and 3rd phase of expansion!!
    Great. What do they want a medal? I mean way to jump on the bandwagon waaay to late folks. Who hasnt been saying they need to expand HKDL since 2003 when ground was broken?

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by tloolgb
    Great. What do they want a medal? I mean way to jump on the bandwagon waaay to late folks. Who hasnt been saying they need to expand HKDL since 2003 when ground was broken?
    we will be hosting the Olympic Games 2008 Equestrian Event in Hong Kong. An Olympic Gold Medal would be great....

• Banned User

They could expand by building the Disney's Chinese Adventure...

a whole park done in Epcot idea.. telling the past, present, and future through thrill rides... lol

and circle vision movies...

and then in the center lagoon, you have.. a light show!

DCA meets Epcot World showcase with an entire Chinese Theme...

but seriously.. they need another park.

• Former Epcot CM

I mean Eisner suffered so much criticism for building too large a park at first with Euro Disneyland - now he is being criticised for building too small a park. Yes, the critics were right, I'm not defending Eisner - he is a man of extremities. I love Disneyland Paris for its range of things to do (from attractions to scenery to EVERYTHING!) but then I am angry that because of that exact reason, Eisner went very timid and that is why we have DCA, WDS and now HKDL in the states they are.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I mean Eisner suffered so much criticism for building too large a park at first with Euro Disneyland - now he is being criticised for building too small a park. Yes, the critics were right, I'm not defending Eisner - he is a man of extremities. I love Disneyland Paris for its range of things to do (from attractions to scenery to EVERYTHING!) but then I am angry that because of that exact reason, Eisner went very timid and that is why we have DCA, WDS and now HKDL in the states they are.
    Hopefully, HK Government will be working on expanding the park soon. At least we 'll have "Fisherman's Wharf" at Aberdeen....

and Macau is so close to Hong Kong.....
    Wynn Resort at Macau is nearby (they will be open sometime this year)
    Venetian Macau next year.
    MGM Macau next year.....

How about a bet that we'll have 2nd Disney park in not so distant future ?
    win or lose we go to Macau!
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 02-07-2006 at 11:26 AM.

• Minion

ORDDU: At another web-footed site, it was recently stated that IT'S A SMALL WORLD is on the verge of being approved as the next addition to Fantasyland. We shall see...

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    Eisner built too large of a resort in Paris...I mean after the lines the first year they spent another $100 million in DLP to add smaller rides just for capacity (Storybookland and Casey Jr are some). It was the fact that with one park this brand new resort opened with more hotel rooms than WDW's three parks had and that for what they were and what they contained tehy were overpriced compared to what was nearby in Paris for less money.

Ok, so what is part of 3rd phase? A new park or more lands?,

Because isn't the second phase (Not counting Autopia): Raging Spirts, Pirates of the Caribbean, it's a small world, Peter Pan's Flight?

• Rock Star Minion

HKDL is incapable of handling 1.3 billion Chinese when they all take the same 21 days off at same time. What has HKDL attendance been like in the off-season since opening?
    Second, I bet there is some real cheap land in mainland China. Why work so hard to fill in more of a bay? That's got to be more expensive than buying cheap land. And think of the underage and improperly imprisoned Chinese workers that could be used instead of expensive Hong Kong laborers.

Here is a screamscape's timeline of news:
    http://www.screamscape.com/html/hong...disneyland.htm
    In particular:
    Some of the problem came from a “flexible” advanced ticket sale that allows entry anytime during a six month period of time, but does not guarantee entry when the park is full. You can read more here about the details of the various ticket problems, and chaos caused by the Chinese government who only has three week-long vacation periods each year where nearly EVERYONE has time off all at once and most factories and major business shut down completely for these special weeks. This causes massive crowds during these special weeks, but lackluster crowds from mainland China the rest of the year. Click here to see photos of parents tossing their kids over the fence.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Minion

ORDDU: On the same web-footed site my sisters and I referred to, earlier, there was also mention that current management is dragging their feet in regard to following up with any more dark rides in Fantasyland--such as Peter Pan. They want to make sure their guest survey's prove that dark rides are popular enough to warrant the money spent on them, first.

ORWEN: But Winnie the Pooh has already proven to be one of the most attractions in the park. Surely that should prove there is a demand for dark rides.

ORDDU: Of course it was also pointed out that--with so little to do at Hong Kong Disneyland--ANY attraction comes across as 'popular' for the moment.

ORWEN: If you ask me, they're just grasping at straws and looking for excuses if they can't already see how necessary it is for Fantasyland to have more dark rides installed. From what we have heard, there is room for at least two more dark rides in Fantasyland. One empty spot is located in the same building that houses Mickey's Philharmagic.

ORDDU: The other empty spot waiting for an attraction within Fantasyland happens to be located in the same show building that houses Winnie the Pooh. So, there's room to add something there. The question remains--what will it be?

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORDDU: At another web-footed site, it was recently stated that IT'S A SMALL WORLD is on the verge of being approved as the next addition to Fantasyland. We shall see...
    This is cute but will do nothing for boosting numbers/customer satisfaction. The Park only has 1 thrill ride and plenty to do for the very young by comparison!

They seriously need to fast track these plans and press ahead with 2 new dark rides for F/Land, Pirates flume and Coaster for Adventureland and another E Ticket for Tomorrowland. They are already way behind whilst the Guests have been waiting outside the front gate for them to catch up!
    I'm just a bit more than Just Really Nice!

They have already approved Small World for 2007 and have Autopia, Stitch Encounter and a kiddie fountain play-and-pee zone opening in 2006.

WDI is actively at work on new (thank God) versions of Pirates and Mansion for Adventureland, which should open between 2008-09, so things will get better.

They also built room in the show buildings of Pooh and PhilharMagic to add dark ride-type attractions to each, but I don't think that's a priority right now.

Maybe if they follow thru by 2010, HKDL will have the slate of attractions its hould have opened with in 2005!

• Banned User

At least they built and left room in buildings for new attractions... rather then build a building and have to spend more on another building... (smart move asctually..)

wait.. Stitch is terrible, why would the Chinese get it?

• Watch Your Language

Quote Originally Posted by pancakesaregood
    Ok, so what is part of 3rd phase? A new park or more lands?,

Because isn't the second phase (Not counting Autopia): Raging Spirts, Pirates of the Caribbean, it's a small world, Peter Pan's Flight?

This is the Tentative Plan, subject to change though.
    Phase 2 is undergoing reclamation.
    Phase 3 is still water/ocean.
    Last edited by HongKongDisneyland; 02-08-2006 at 09:33 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast