Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Review

My husband, 5 year old daughter, and I spent three nights at Hong Kong Disneyland in May of this year. I previously posted some tips and tricks on this board that we learned during our visit. Thanks so much for the kind feedback.

At long last, I've finally written up a complete review of our stay at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel as well. The two part review (with lots of photos) is here on my blog:

HKDL Hotel Review Part 1: Overview, Cost, Rooms, Dining
    HKDL Hotel Review Part 2: Resort Amenities, Transportation, Critiques, Comparison to Hollywood Hotel, and Final Verdict

Here are a few highlights of our review:

1. We thought the hotel was excellent and actually a reasonable value when compared to comparable Disney hotels at other Disney parks (and even when compared to Hong Kong hotel prices generally).
    2. We made sure to do the Enchanted Garden character breakfast and have our daughter made up into a princess at the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. It is quite a convenience to have both of those options on-site.
    3. We found the hotel was close enough to walk to the park some times to avoid shuttle lines (5 year old got a piggy back ride). If you have older kids, this is the strategy to follow if you are facing a long line for the shuttle.
    4. The pool is worth a visit, even on a short stay. It has an easy water slide that our daughter loved.

Happy to answer any questions about our stay as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Re: Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel Review

Great review Les!

The HKDL Hotel was a tad pricier when I visited, Christmas and all that, while I probably wouldn't do it again I don't regret shelling out for that special vacation.

You are so right on the money when it comes to walking on the park. I didn't miss staying in the HKDL Hotel on my subsequent trips to HKDL, except during park closing when you have to take that long, but mercifully empty subway back to the city.

I'm not sure if you mentioned it, apart from the prices, but how did the HKDL Hotel compare to other Disney hotels?

The quality of the rooms is comparable to Disney's Grand Californian. We stayed at HKDL Hotel last December and thoroughly enjoyed it. It's pricey, but no more so than DGC and certainly less than the WDW resorts. If you're traveling as a couple, I recommend the Fantasia room.

We went to HKDL expecting it to be the least impressive of all the Disney properties. Before the expansion this might have been the case, but I was actually quite happy we went. The park quality was top-notch. All of the grounds were impeccably clean and well maintained. The walking paths around the whole resort were convenient and pleasant.

We took the Park Promenade walk from the HKDL Hotel to the park both days, and during our entire stay we saw maybe a couple dozen people using the promenade besides us. As mentioned in the article, it's about a 12-minute walk, but really this may be faster than the bus service. It's a nice walk away from the crowds.

• former CM

Quote Originally Posted by LesBesTes View Post
    My husband, 5 year old daughter, and I spent three nights at Hong Kong Disneyland in May of this year. I previously posted some tips and tricks on this board that we learned during our visit. Thanks so much for the kind feedback.

At long last, I've finally written up a complete review of our stay at the Hong Kong Disneyland Hotel as well. The two part review (with lots of photos) is here on my blog:

HKDL Hotel Review Part 1: Overview, Cost, Rooms, Dining
    HKDL Hotel Review Part 2: Resort Amenities, Transportation, Critiques, Comparison to Hollywood Hotel, and Final Verdict

Happy to answer any questions about our stay as well.
    GREAT review! Thank you for linking that to Micechat!
    This is embarrassing, but I want those dwarf toiletries.

• Banned User

Love to see this.. Its great to go for outing there