• Watch Your Language

Disney Plans Its Next Park in Shanghai -CRIOnline - 2/9/2006

Disney has chosen Shanghai as its next location for building a theme park and negotiations with the local government are going on. Meanwhile, Hong Kong Disneyland is facing law suits from travel agencies, for shutting out hundreds of visitors during the Spring Festival.

The Walt Disney Company has admitted that it has been negotiating with the government of Shanghai on building China's second Disneyland after Hong Kong. Ms. Zhang from the company's Shanghai office said it will take years to see the new park open.

"Though we are discussing building the park, it's unrealistic to see the new park completed and start receiving visitors until 2010."

Local reports say the company has been in talks with the Shanghai government for more than a year, and the new park is expected to open before the 2010 World Expo hosted by the city.
    Details : Click here

Source : CRIOnline

Re: Disney Plans Its Next Park in Shanghai -CRIOnline - 2/9/2006

Well, if they do build a ark, I hope that they try new ideas, all the more while keeping some classics. I think with new management and creativity slowly returning to the company in the next few months, hopefully when they begin to build by I think 2008? 9? even earlier.

• Banned User

I hope they don't build another Disneyland. If they do, for god sakes, do something like Disneyland Paris. Find creative and elaborate ways to re-invent classics and re-tell stories of different areas of the park. No carbon copies, no 12 ride-limits, and no Victorian hotels. While we're mentioning it- no movie parks, no adventure taglines, no Hollywood Tower hotels, no more Buzz Lightyear Laser Blasts, no more wild mouse coasters, and no more City Hall listed attractions.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

This would be interesting. I still don't believe it at the moment anymore than I do Austrailia but Pressler got his say in Hong Kong leaving it...er...underdeveloped. I'd like to see what Mr Lasseter could do to a Disneyland.