Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Holland , The Netherlands
    Posts
    33

    Question Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Dear forum members,

    I have a question and I hope you guys can wonder it since I didn't got the answer myself.

    My girlfriend and I are going to visit Hong Kong Disneyland the 4th and 5th of May 2014. The main reasons for our visit are Grizzly Gulch but especially Mystic Manor. I e-mailed Hong Kong Disneyland to ask them if Mystic Manor was closed and they answered:

    Dear Mr,

    Thank you for your email and your keen interest in our Hong Kong
    Disneyland Resort.

    Regarding your enquiry, we are pleased to inform you that the
    Maintenance Schedule for May, 2015 is unavailable at the moment.


    I then send e-mail to ask when the maintenance schedule would be available and they replied:

    Dear Mr,


    Thank you for your email. I am writing on behalf of Michelle who is out
    of the office today.

    Regarding your enquiry, we are pleased to inform you that the
    Maintenance Schedule for May, 2015 is unavailable at the moment. Please
    be advised to check updated information with us closer to your arrival.


    I understand that it's very early but in order to plan my holiday it would be nice to know. Do you guys know if Mystic Manor gets it's refurb may 2015 or what are the chances Mystic Manor would get it's refurb?

    Thank you guys!
    Bowie

  2. #2

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Vietnam - Now living in Sydney
    Posts
    280

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    It shouldnt be,

    Due to lack of attractions in HKDL, I rarely see any attraction going down for refurbishment.

    Hope it wont be down during your visit.

    Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


    Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

  3. #3

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Holland , The Netherlands
    Posts
    33

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Duyanh92 View Post
    It shouldnt be,

    Due to lack of attractions in HKDL, I rarely see any attraction going down for refurbishment.

    Hope it wont be down during your visit.
    I hope it isn't. It's good to know you rarely see any attraction going down for refurb, that's a good sign. Thanks for your quick answer Duyanh! (You helped me a lot, also with other questions regarding Tokyo Disneyland)

  4. #4

    • Just another Disney fan..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Near "The Original"
    Posts
    864

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    You are trying to find out park refurbishment for next May. Try to find out what the park hours, entertainment and refurbishment schedule is for NEXT WEEK! You can't find it. HKDL is unbelievably poor at giving any information beyond the current week. Why? I have no idea.

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Manila, Philippines
    Posts
    413

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    Dear forum members,

    I have a question and I hope you guys can wonder it since I didn't got the answer myself.

    My girlfriend and I are going to visit Hong Kong Disneyland the 4th and 5th of May 2014. The main reasons for our visit are Grizzly Gulch but especially Mystic Manor. I e-mailed Hong Kong Disneyland to ask them if Mystic Manor was closed and they answered:

    Dear Mr,

    Thank you for your email and your keen interest in our Hong Kong
    Disneyland Resort.

    Regarding your enquiry, we are pleased to inform you that the
    Maintenance Schedule for May, 2015 is unavailable at the moment.


    I then send e-mail to ask when the maintenance schedule would be available and they replied:

    Dear Mr,


    Thank you for your email. I am writing on behalf of Michelle who is out
    of the office today.

    Regarding your enquiry, we are pleased to inform you that the
    Maintenance Schedule for May, 2015 is unavailable at the moment. Please
    be advised to check updated information with us closer to your arrival.


    I understand that it's very early but in order to plan my holiday it would be nice to know. Do you guys know if Mystic Manor gets it's refurb may 2015 or what are the chances Mystic Manor would get it's refurb?

    Thank you guys!
    Bowie
    I wouldn't worry so much. The only time attractions go down in HKDL are when they are installing and removing holiday overlays. So Mystic Manor should be good.

  6. #6

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Holland , The Netherlands
    Posts
    33

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    You are trying to find out park refurbishment for next May. Try to find out what the park hours, entertainment and refurbishment schedule is for NEXT WEEK! You can't find it. HKDL is unbelievably poor at giving any information beyond the current week. Why? I have no idea.
    I know, that's so strange! I'm used to Disneyland Paris and they provide the refurbs for at least the upcoming 3 months. Thanks for your answer Roger!

  7. #7

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Holland , The Netherlands
    Posts
    33

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by SirEdge View Post
    I wouldn't worry so much. The only time attractions go down in HKDL are when they are installing and removing holiday overlays. So Mystic Manor should be good.
    That's a comfortable idea and good to know! Thank you so much SirEdge!

  8. #8

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    96

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    I don't think Mystic Manor will undergo any refurbishment in the coming few years as HKDL will only have maintenance for the attractions at least few years after it's grand opening. I can't promise that they will be fine until May but I with you good luck and enjoy your trip

  9. #9

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Vietnam - Now living in Sydney
    Posts
    280

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    You are trying to find out park refurbishment for next May. Try to find out what the park hours, entertainment and refurbishment schedule is for NEXT WEEK! You can't find it. HKDL is unbelievably poor at giving any information beyond the current week. Why? I have no idea.
    That is the same for me. Sometimes I want to find the park time for next week and they dont even update it. But i figure out why do we have to look for it, because it is just the same for everyday.

    Visit my pages (Nikkoap92) for lots of pictures from Tokyo Disney Resort ^_^


    Facebook
    Instagram
    Flickr
    Youtube

  10. #10

    • Member
    • Online

    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Hong Kong
    Posts
    616

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    You can find out current ride availability.

    Daily Calendar

    The following attraction and show will be temporarily suspended:
    UFO Zone From August 24, 2014 onwards (preparation for the Halloween Event)
    Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad February 17, 2014 - early 2015 (service suspension due to construction of the Iron Man Experience)
    Jul 1992: Disneyland Paris
    Apr 2006: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2010: Disneyland and Disney's California Adventure
    Mar 2011: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2013: Tokyo Disneyland and Tokyo DisneySea
    Sep 2013: Hong Kong Disneyland
    Jul 2014: Disney California Adventure

  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Holland , The Netherlands
    Posts
    33

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by whaleatcoast View Post
    I don't think Mystic Manor will undergo any refurbishment in the coming few years as HKDL will only have maintenance for the attractions at least few years after it's grand opening. I can't promise that they will be fine until May but I with you good luck and enjoy your trip
    That's what I thought. I really hope it's open! Thanks for your answer and confirmation of what I thought whaleatcoast!

  12. #12

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Holland , The Netherlands
    Posts
    33

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    You can find out current ride availability.

    Daily Calendar

    The following attraction and show will be temporarily suspended:
    UFO Zone From August 24, 2014 onwards (preparation for the Halloween Event)
    Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad February 17, 2014 - early 2015 (service suspension due to construction of the Iron Man Experience)
    I found this a while ago but this is till "early 2015" and I would like to know the closures in May. But just like the others said: Disneyland Hong Kong does not give information any further then a week. Besides that, "2014 onwards" and "Early 2015" are such a vague descriptions!

  13. #13

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Posts
    96

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Bowie View Post
    I found this a while ago but this is till "early 2015" and I would like to know the closures in May. But just like the others said: Disneyland Hong Kong does not give information any further then a week. Besides that, "2014 onwards" and "Early 2015" are such a vague descriptions!
    The situation of the railroad is quite hard to tell as no one knows how will the constructions goes, but at my point of view, riding on the HKDL railroad is kind of wasting time as not much things you will see while you are on the ride. I won't recommend to ride it if you think you have a tight schedule. 4-5 May would be working days in both HK and China, but you should still have a better plan on what you will visit on those days.

  14. #14

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Holland , The Netherlands
    Posts
    33

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by whaleatcoast View Post
    The situation of the railroad is quite hard to tell as no one knows how will the constructions goes, but at my point of view, riding on the HKDL railroad is kind of wasting time as not much things you will see while you are on the ride. I won't recommend to ride it if you think you have a tight schedule. 4-5 May would be working days in both HK and China, but you should still have a better plan on what you will visit on those days.
    Good to know 4 and 5 may are working days, probably it's less crowdy then. I would like to ride mystic manor as many times as I can (that's not completly true but I would like to ride it more then once). I have two days so I think I can manage to do everything. A little bit of time management and I should be fine I guess.

  15. #15

    • Just another Disney fan..
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Near "The Original"
    Posts
    864

    Re: Mystic Manor refurbishment

    Quote Originally Posted by Asa View Post
    You can find out current ride availability.

    Daily Calendar

    The following attraction and show will be temporarily suspended:
    UFO Zone From August 24, 2014 onwards (preparation for the Halloween Event)
    Hong Kong Disneyland Railroad February 17, 2014 - early 2015 (service suspension due to construction of the Iron Man Experience)
    The discussion is about FUTURE ride availability and park schedules.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. [Idea] Carson Mansion: Mystic Manor for DCA?
    By CaliforniaAdventurer in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 68
    Last Post: 05-25-2011, 12:31 PM
  2. [Rumor] Budget Cuts for Mystic Manor ALREADY?
    By Witches of Morva in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 09-01-2010, 01:14 AM
  3. [News] Mystic Manor Facebook Page
    By Ghost Galaxy in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-13-2010, 04:19 PM
  4. [Video] Mystic Manor Revealed
    By HongKongDisneyland in forum Hong Kong Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 83
    Last Post: 11-22-2009, 07:01 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •