Horrors of the Amazon

I know everyone here would be so excited for the Disney Paint the Night Parade that had a premiere yesterday. Actually yesterday was also the media day for both the parade and the Haunted Halloween 2014.

In Haunted Halloween 2014, there is a night-time indoor show that called "Horrors of the Amazon" staged at the Theater of the Wild, which known as the theater where Festival of Lion King is staged on daytime. Here is a press release that introducing the show:

Lights of mystery permeate the Park during Haunted Halloween

Featuring an all-new show “Horrors of the Amazon”, “Sideshow Carnival Extraordinaire” and more ominous entertainment offerings, the Haunted Halloween footprint will spread from Adventureland and seep into many other themed lands. Available from October 2, on every Friday to Sunday in October, guests will see a different Hong Kong Disneyland at night time as they journey through many new eerie and mysterious stories.
    The all new “Horrors of the Amazon” show will be staged at the Theatre in the Wild. The show will feature local celebrity Power Chan Kwok-pong who will act as the adventurer Jonas Brisbane and narrate his thrilling tale of his adventures in the Amazon. His illustrious adventures and foreboding encounters will capture and enthrall guests. This is the very first time Hong Kong Disneyland is engaging a local celebrity as a performer in a show.

Full Article: Hong Kong Disneyland will showcase a Whole New Light at Nighttime this Coming Fall/Winter
    I watched this show yesterday night and I found that the story is closely related to most of the seasonal and permanent attractions nearby! Also it includes a linkage to the story of SEA(Society of Explorers and Adventurers). I think the show is the most detailed seasonal show that has the most storytelling element uptil now! Sadly I didn't got my camera with me yesterday night but I will try to record the whole show on the official start of the Haunted Halloween 2014 for all of you. Of course I will try my best to add English subtitles as the show was in Cantonese and there were no subtitles inside the theater (at least there's nothing on yesterday).

I don't really want to give out spoilers at the moment but if anybody would like to know how the story was, please leave a comment and I will try to update at the comments later.

• Just another Disney fan..

Re: Horrors of the Amazon

Thank you for your report. I'm looking forward to seeing it in person in a few weeks.

• Not here to help

Omg... you went to a press event at Disneyland... without a camera?
    The world according me: http://www.youtube.com/user/TimmyME

• Minion

ORWEN: That's like a witch going to a Halloween party without her broomstick!

Because my camera didn't got that well to have great photos for the parade, and I had lessons on morning, so I didn't bring too much to HKDL that night. Then I soon regret that the show was turned out quite nice but I didn't not got my camera

I want some friends I can go level with or take some ops. Hard to find people on during my play time because I'm in the USA. I am currently Protopharma but I can switch on my own to whichever faction. I prefer anti-city.

The show has been modified a bit, with less stupid lines and added some lines to the tribes. Here's the video from HKMSG.

[Spoiler alert] PLOT OF THE SHOW, HIGHLIGHT IT IF YOU WANT TO SEE
    (Some of the names are just translated by myself, so they might not be the most accurate one)
    (Also, I will skip some of the plots that you could see inside the video)

At the start of the show, the tribes are praying for the forgiveness from something. The leader told others they have to protect that "thing".

The male actor is called Jonas, he is an adventurer who wants to join the S.E.A. so badly. Therefore he held this show to show us what he have found in his recent trip to the Cursed Island.

First, he told us why he would be so fascinated into adventures. It was because his great-uncle Ebenezer Brizbine's adventure notes. Ebenezer was also an adventurer and also a citizen at Grizzly Gulch, he disappeared after one of his adventure. (The preview version Jonas has mentioned he gave up his study in Graves Academy after seeing Ebenezer's note but it was cut)

He followed one of the map Ebenezer drew and went to the Cursed Island, with his team. However, his teammates were all dead while the adventure. But luckily he found the tribes to help him to hold this show. The said the tribes are not afraid of his collection since they never know how dangerous his collections are.

Jonas found many precious creatures, like Siren of the Skies, The Amazing Bat-Boy (which are showing in Sideshow Carnival Extraordinaire, which located just outside the theater) (preview version has also mentioned the woodland warrior but they all just in spoken lines, they didn't show up in the preview version). Then he shown us the unknown creatures, which has characteristics of human, reptiles and gorillas, and he could only keep the very last one in the cage since they are so strong that most of them have been escaped. (Actually they have been escaped to Adventureland and Mystic Point)

After that, Jonas showed us the Undead Soul's Head (I don't know how to translate it correctly... but just something deadly).

After tons of failure of showing his collections, Jonas still not give up, he decided to show us the last thing, which was the "thing" that the tribes refused to disclose. Then Jonas removed the cloth by himself. Undead Queen, which was the deadliest thing he have ever encountered, he also mentioned that Harrison Hightower (the character from Tokyo version Tower of Terror, also known as a member of S.E.A.) would be give up (on comparing the preciousness of the collection) after seeing it.

Then the Queen has return to live, and said he will punish the one who destroyed her tomb and brought her here. Jonas didn't gave up, he drank the Undead Queen's blood, which was able to give eternal live to the one who drank it. Yet, the power seems to be opposite due to the revivification of the Queen. The blood started to corrode Jonas' body and he disappeared.

At last, the Queen said, "You have to remember, never make me mad, or I will find you and punish you. You have to respect the dead, and never try to get close, or you will die. Good things never happen but all the curse will come on you! HAHAHAHAHAHA"

At last the tribe leader came and say it again. And changed the slideshow to a poster of Jonas' missing.

THE END

I saw it last night. Since I don't speak Cantonese I could not follow the show.

Those those that could understand seemed to be enjoying it.

I would not recommend it if you don't understa Cantonese.

thanks though for posting the video. People can get a good idea what to expect by watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    I saw it last night. Since I don't speak Cantonese I could not follow the show.

Those those that could understand seemed to be enjoying it.

I would not recommend it if you don't understa Cantonese.

thanks though for posting the video. People can get a good idea what to expect by watching it.
    Wow, my take could not be more different. I didn't understand every nuance of the plot; however, from the get-go, based on what was occurring on stage, my thought was, "okay, this is the plot of TDS's Tower of Terror except with freaks."

The production value of the show was high and the acting was good. I almost watched it a second time, but didn't have the chance.

Quote Originally Posted by WDWFigment View Post
    Wow, my take could not be more different. I didn't understand every nuance of the plot; however, from the get-go, based on what was occurring on stage, my thought was, "okay, this is the plot of TDS's Tower of Terror except with freaks."

The production value of the show was high and the acting was good. I almost watched it a second time, but didn't have the chance.
    That's good you got more out of it than me.

For me the acting was cheesy and over the top. Like watching William Shatner and/or John Lovitz's master thespian character from SNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger55 View Post
    That's good you got more out of it than me.

For me the acting was cheesy and over the top. Like watching William Shatner and/or John Lovitz's master thespian character from SNL.
    Ha, now that you say it, I can totally see that. They did seem very...animated.