Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• stitch'sgreatescape101

tiny Tommrowland

if you go to the site of hong kong disneyland there are only three Tommrowland rides and two resturants and two shops lets all talk about what should be added!

probably alot of things, isn't tomorrowland bigger then say Adventureland?

at least their art direction looks interesting

• Minion

ORDDU: Actually, ducklings, Adventureland is the BIGGEST land in Hong Kong Disneyland, taking up all the space that the other Magic Kingdom parks have allotted for a Frontierland. However, there are still only 3 attractions in their Adventureland, The Festival of the Lion King, Tarzan's Tree HOuse and The Jungle Cruise.

ORWEN: Well, eventually they say they might add a Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland. I wish they'd also add a Tiki Room, while they're at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORDDU: Actually, ducklings, Adventureland is the BIGGEST land in Hong Kong Disneyland, taking up all the space that the other Magic Kingdom parks have allotted for a Frontierland. However, there are still only 3 attractions in their Adventureland, The Festival of the Lion King, Tarzan's Tree HOuse and The Jungle Cruise.

ORWEN: Well, eventually they say they might add a Pirates of the Caribbean in Adventureland. I wish they'd also add a Tiki Room, while they're at it.
    and Disneyland Hong Kong is the smallest of all the magic Kingdoms with the least amount of land meaning that proportionaly it doesn't neccisarily have the biggest Adventureland

if you look at the park it seems to me that Adventureland in tomorrowland are almost the same size (though I suppose parts of tomorrowland are backstage too so I can't count that can I o_o)

I doubt they'll add a tiki room (does Paris have a tiki room?)

does fantasyland also only have three attractions?

• Banned User

Paris does not have a Tiki Room but the Colonel Hathi's Pizza Outpost (can't remember the original name of this eatery when the park opened) used to have singing birds in it that would come to life pretty much the way the moose head used to do at the MK's former Mile Long Bar.

• Banned User

DLP{ has the original intention for the attraction.. a resturaunt where the birds entertaign you while you eat....

i hate how Hong Kong is soo small... but they did research and it shows they like nature and photos...

• Gift Giver Extraordinare

Apparently, the tiny tomorrowland has the exact same Space Mtn as Disneyland. I am not sure if they were manufactured in the same place but the designs are identical. It also sounds like some of the new effects for their Jungle Cruise cruise are being adopted right now during the Disneyland refurb.
    Walt's Magic Kingdom

AP since 1984

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by no1here
    Apparently, the tiny tomorrowland has the exact same Space Mtn as Disneyland. I am not sure if they were manufactured in the same place but the designs are identical. It also sounds like some of the new effects for their Jungle Cruise cruise are being adopted right now during the Disneyland refurb.
    Do you know if that's the same Space Mtn as before the current rehab/redo
    in DL (which I would suspect) or the one that's going up now?

• Rock The World

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    I get the impression that it'll be very close to the rehabbed version, although I'm not sure if it'll be exactly the same. I'm no expert on this subject, having never ridden DL's version of the ride, but I've heard that Hong Kong's will be a little more white-knuckle, with updated FX and music.
    On a similar theme, I'm off for the opening of Space Mountain: Mission 2 in Paris next month, which promises to be exciting!

• Gift Giver Extraordinare

Quote Originally Posted by nish221
    My understanding is the new Space Mtn will be very similar to the old one except with updated effects. HK's will be like whatever the new Space Mtn ends up like.
    Walt's Magic Kingdom

AP since 1984

• Rock The World

Incidentally, does anyone else think that HK's Astro Orbiter would be a good replacement for the one currently gracing the entrance to DL's Tomorrowland?

Quote Originally Posted by no1here
    yes Space Mountain will be mostly the same as the one they're building in Disneyland (same track route, similar effects though I'm not sure if it will have the different nightime effects that DL's will have)

you don't know that for sure that the Jungle Cruise effects are coming from Hong Kong, I've heard imagineers have been looking at enhancing several of DL's key attractions for the 50th in major ways but the plans never came to be. However Matt is giving us DLers a last minute "best he can do" treatment on many attractions that were going down for refurbs anyways

remember when you assume you make an "***" out of "u" and "me" I believe I've punished you enough for today (I'm sorry, that was uncalled for)

Quote Originally Posted by soundtracker
    Incidentally, does anyone else think that HK's Astro Orbiter would be a good replacement for the one currently gracing the entrance to DL's Tomorrowland?
    I don't know about replacement but a similar paint scheme might be nice (is it just me or does the Hong Kong Astro Orbiter show saucers orbiting it rather then rockets )

• Rock The World

So it would seem. Little two or four person saucers. Rather cool, IMO.

• stitch'sgreatescape101
    i don't mean what attractions should be added to the park just Tommrowland!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast