Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• Banned User

Exclamation WARNING!! About calling HKDL's Reservation Center in HK

Some of you already know I called the HKDL reservation number to reserve a room this november... I waited for almost 90 mins (calling from Orlando in the middle of the night after midnight local time). When my call was finally answered...and my reservation made...the call time was 111 minutes (1 hr, 51 mins long)

My bill for this one call? $559.85

So... BE AWARE OF THIS IF YOU CALL HKDL'S RESERVATIONS OFFICE.

Outreageous!!!!!

• is satisfactual.

First of all, oh my hypothetical God. Second of all, were you holding for 90 minutes as in waiting along to the tune of Tijuana Taxi knowing you were already connected with the HKDL line, or were you unaware of that?

Third of all, are you going to fight this or...?

• I was deleted.

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    First of all, oh my hypothetical God. Second of all, were you holding for 90 minutes as in waiting along to the tune of Tijuana Taxi knowing you were already connected with the HKDL line, or were you unaware of that?

Ooh! I agree. When I called DLR Reservations I was on hold for 5 min max and the conversation didn't last more than 10 min. Granted I didn't make the reservations, it is the principal of the matter! Very, very interesting.... I wish I could go!

• Banned User

There is nothing to fight about. It was my decision to be on hold for 90-some minutes while listening to "Beauty & The Beast" and "Whole New World" over and over and over with the customary "Please hold and we'll be with you asap" announcement thrown in... Since there is no online reservation page available, they must be either way understaffed or way to busy at that reservation center in Hong Kong.

• is satisfactual.

Well, not to rub it in or anything, but didn't you figure a two hour call to China would be a little expensive...? Not that anyone can resist those songs. Or were you under the impression that they weren't going to charge you for the time you were on hold?

• It's all nonsense

Well, not to rub it in or anything, but didn't you figure a two hour call to China would be a little expensive...?
    Very true.

Why couldn't you make reservations online? Or maybe just go to a travel agent or something??

• Banned User

Well, not to rub it in or anything, but didn't you figure a two hour call to China would be a little expensive...? Not that anyone can resist those songs. Or were you under the impression that they weren't going to charge you for the time you were on hold?
    Well... Of course I knew I was paying for every minute I held the line. I am not as stupid as you think I am!! I knew the call would be rather expensive and I was expecting it to be around $350...given the time I called. But I amnot complaining about the money I have to pay. I have the money to cover my bill but just wanted to warn everyone who may call the reservation office and be put on hold. Just offering a friendly warning, that's all.

Like I said before... there is no ONLINE way to make reservations as of now by going to their site. Try it if you don't believe me. I searched and researched this. Maybe I could have gone to a travel agent to do this but I wanted to deal with them personally.

I will gladly pay my phone bill but I think it's outreageous that I was made to wait for 90 mins before getting a reservationist to answer the call.

• is satisfactual.

Well then obviously your resources are a teeny weeny itsy bit larger than mine. I mean, I would and could never, ever pay $300 for a single phone call. 200 more and I'd be refinancing my college debt, eating soup in shelters and similar. Hence my reaction.

• It's all nonsense

Quote Originally Posted by TDLFAN
    Like I said before... there is no ONLINE way to make reservations as of now by going to their site.
    But there is an email address. You could have just bought an international calling card for a small sliver of what your phone bill was.

I am now convinced you are nuts, TDLFAN! There has to be a better way to make a reservation ... if not, I won't be staying on-site. That's just absurd. You coud feed a family of four for a month (or two) on what you spent on hold.

Did you try and see if the WDW CRO office could book for you (I know they do DLP ressies.)? Or even the WDTC in SoCal? I just can't believe they wouldn't have a better system for international calls. I guess, I'll use my Starwood Points and stay at the Sheraton HK and Towers when I take my trip.

Just crazy ...

• Minion

ORDDU: You know, TDLFAN, duckling--the next time you have another $500.00 or so to spend, I know a certain, VERY desirable witch in Morva who'd just LOVE to spend the day with you while on a shopping spree at, say, Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. That's a place she's always wanted to go. (In Morva, the most exciting place to shop is the local Wal-Morva, so--need I say more?)

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter
    But there is an email address. You could have just bought an international calling card for a small sliver of what your phone bill was.
    I did email asking for the reservation and they did email me back to contact via phone in order to make the reservation. Granted, I never concidered buying a phone card so that may have been my mistake.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Witches of Morva
    ORDDU: You know, TDLFAN, duckling--the next time you have another $500.00 or so to spend, I know a certain, VERY desirable witch in Morva who'd just LOVE to spend the day with you while on a shopping spree at, say, Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills. That's a place she's always wanted to go. (In Morva, the most exciting place to shop is the local Wal-Morva, so--need I say more?)
    Sorry sweetie but I spend all my millions at TDR and buying all those G-collectables for G-Fan.... Plus the Ferrari I gave myself for my birthday...

• Vehicle rotating backward

That vacation is already off to an expensive start. I'll just appreciate your photos all the more, then.

• Minion

ORDDU: I see. Yes, I see exactly how you are. Well, no matter. I can always go back to the cauldron and brew another 'love potion' to use on you.

ORGOCH: Rejection's a bitter pill ta swaller ain't it, Tramp?!?!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast